Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Having to use the "nuclear option"

Platform
    XBOX1
    Good info. I hate to say it, but it's starting to sound like a service ticket is in order to MS. Ugh!
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by ShneebnaMRR108 View Post
    Good info. I hate to say it, but it's starting to sound like a service ticket is in order to MS. Ugh!
    Yeah I know. I was really hoping that this last ditch effort would work because I really don't want to have to send it off. But it is what it is.
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Xbox support wanted to do another factory reset because when I did the total deletion, Microsoft Store needed to update before the apps would load but since that update failed everything else was stuck. The factory reset cleared that up so the apps loaded up. I asked them if this was the last time I should have to do this before sending it in for repairs because obviously something is wrong with it. But they didn't see it that way. They said that I could keep having to do these resets and it wasn't a problem but that I could ask to have it sent in IF I wanted to. To me whatever is causing me to have to do all of these resets needs to be fixed once and for all.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Maybe the last deciding factor is:
    Whether it's a re-occurring problem over time. = needs a repair.
    Does it happen all the time. = needs a replace.
    Does it happen only after some update occurs. = Keep updates current.
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Just to know what do you call freezing.
    Does it freeze comletely and the screen is stuck and you have to restart the console or does it stutter?
    Can you play games but do you have a perceived lag?

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Do you run your console on a UPS (battery backup) with a regulated voltage? Or are you on house supply, perhaps on a circuit that is shared with a big power sucker (large sound system, heavy lighting, appliances etc.)?

I've always tried a UPS as a last resort (I live in Florida, so they are basically a way of life in the Lightning State, LOL) before assuming anything is wrong with my gear...

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by ShneebnaMRR108 View Post
    Maybe the last deciding factor is:
    Whether it's a re-occurring problem over time. = needs a repair.
    Does it happen all the time. = needs a replace.
    Does it happen only after some update occurs. = Keep updates current.
    It's a recurring problem that occurs over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliman View Post
    Just to know what do you call freezing.
    Does it freeze comletely and the screen is stuck and you have to restart the console or does it stutter?
    Can you play games but do you have a perceived lag?
    When I'm playing a game the screen will freeze and the audio will also do a constant sound of whatever it was doing when it stuck. When it's in an app and the screen freezes it's just the video that freezes. Or one time it froze just trying to start an app. The only way out of it is to hold the power button until the console shuts off so it can be rebooted.

Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    Do you run your console on a UPS (battery backup) with a regulated voltage? Or are you on house supply, perhaps on a circuit that is shared with a big power sucker (large sound system, heavy lighting, appliances etc.)?

I've always tried a UPS as a last resort (I live in Florida, so they are basically a way of life in the Lightning State, LOL) before assuming anything is wrong with my gear...
    I don't have it on a battery backup. I don't really know what's on the same circuit.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    That just sounds like a faulty box.. if you have done the reset several times and still it's happening it is more likely to be a hardware problem.

They said that I could keep having to do these resets and it wasn't a problem but that I could ask to have it sent in IF I wanted to.

That makes no sense to me.. how can they say it's not a problem if you are having to constantly do resets
    2018 Indycar League on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018
    Vintage F1 on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...1-championship
    Xbox One X, TM Ferrari Italia 458 TX, Xrocker Gaming Chair, Samsung 30" TV, RsDash.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    That just sounds like a faulty box.. if you have done the reset several times and still it's happening it is more likely to be a hardware problem.

They said that I could keep having to do these resets and it wasn't a problem but that I could ask to have it sent in IF I wanted to.

That makes no sense to me.. how can they say it's not a problem if you are having to constantly do resets
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

Does anyone else have a problem of when you first power up the console that it's not connected to Xbox Live? I have to do a reboot for that also. I have to do that many times, probably 3 times a week or so.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza819 View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

Does anyone else have a problem of when you first power up the console that it's not connected to Xbox Live? I have to do a reboot for that also. I have to do that many times, probably 3 times a week or so.
    No, or at least very rarely and even then it's only if my router has gone offline for some reason. Can't recall that happening any other time. Definitely sounds like something is screwy with your box. When these problems occur I assume you've checked to see if your internet is working?
    2018 Indycar League on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018
    Vintage F1 on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...1-championship
    Xbox One X, TM Ferrari Italia 458 TX, Xrocker Gaming Chair, Samsung 30" TV, RsDash.