Thread: Car freezing on track.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Car freezing on track.

Hi during online races and qualifying I have noticed my car will freeze on track for approximately 2 to 3 seconds the clock also freezes. However when it resumes the race clock has continued and my car is still in the same position .So basically I lose the 2 to 3 seconds whilst I'm froze. If I'm in a race all the cars that were around me are all of a sudden 2 to 3 seconds up the road. I have not experienced this until the last couple of days .Is it my internet connection or is it a bug from update 6? I have not noticed any other cars on track doing this .

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    There's lots to consider with your internet connection but also with others' connections as it's all P2P on the consoles. Are others in the lobby having the same problem? If so, it might be best to avoid lobbies with red pings. It shouldn't cause issues but it seems to. Also, there's a lot to consider about your own connection. Wired connection, ports forwarded, static IP, "open" NAT, and all that jazz. Because it's P2P, you're on the hook for a stable connection.

It wouldn't be fair to not add this: Even with all things set correctly with all parties in a lobby, it still seems like many, myself included, have issues with online play stuttering, freezing, or lobbies simply having "issues". There's no silver bullet for us console users.
    Last edited by JasonSandwich; 14-06-2018 at 13:49. Reason: added conclusion sans opinion :)
    Xbox One X with public non-insider OS release - Thrustmaster TX with T3PA mounted to Wheelstand Pro - Sony XBR-930C - Check out the Randomizer (http://pc2rando.jasonsandwich.com)

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I posted this on a different topic a short while ago about stuff to check when getting your network set up. Again, it's not the end-all fix but it's all good CYA stuff. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1497436
    Xbox One X with public non-insider OS release - Thrustmaster TX with T3PA mounted to Wheelstand Pro - Sony XBR-930C - Check out the Randomizer (http://pc2rando.jasonsandwich.com)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Had the same problem after update 6! Cleaned the Xbox games memory and seems to have cured it? Hope this helps ����

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I have had this very rarely off and on since for ever. I just reset the xbx and all is well.

Maybe one a week playing a few hours a day.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Platform
    XBOX1
    I would add to always exit the game properly, wait a moment, then close the XBox console by holding the XBox button on the console until it shuts off. This is the effective way to clear the console RAM. Using the Controller XBox button to turn off the console does NOT clear the RAM.

Additionally, a good idea is to make sure that adequate ventilation is available for the console unit to keep the inside electronics as cool as possible, and a fan near by certainly would help.

Not sure this will actually remedy your specific issue, but they are all good practices at any rate.
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Cheers guys thanks for the feed back.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    This is happening to me almost every race i join now.

TI the point i can barely complete a lap.

Ive noticed its when someone joins the lobby, possibly when leaving it too (although not confirmed that one)

It used to happen every now and then but now its every race.