Thread: SessionState switching to PostRace

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

SessionState switching to PostRace

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it seems like the dedicated server often (not every time) switches its SessionState to PostRace after a host migration. This seems to cause issues for some (strangely not all) connecting players. The connecting player would then get disconnected right after loading. On some cases the new host gets a post-race screen which disappears after some time and puts the player back into pits. After leaving the pits again, AI takes over.

Is this a known issue?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Just happened again after 2 hours into a practice session. Host leaves, admin is promoted to a different user and then the SessionState switches to PostRace causing all sorts of issues.

No errors or unusual log messages.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Alright. Apparently this bug has been around since the first Project Cars. I just wrote a script that restarts the server automatically if this clusterfrell happens. That ruins the fun for everyone on track, but what can I do?

I'm a bit disappointed that the dedicated server still doesn't get some love by the devs. It's a really well thought out piece of software. But it seems like it was never finished.

Platform
    PC
    I think I've seen this same thing on peer to peer servers too. Host migration in general is broken, this is just another symptom.
    Intel i7-2600k quad core @ 4.4GHz | Asus P8Z68-V LE | 4x4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1080Ti 11GB | Steelseries Siberia 350 headphones |500 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD | 256 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD | 4TB WD Green HD | 1TB WD Red HD | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Logitech G27 with Nixim brake mod | Asus PG279Q 27" IPS G-Sync monitor @ 2560 x 1440 | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    It's happening way too often. Almost every second host migration ends in a broken session!

Is there any way to reset the SessionState somehow via the lua or http api? That could potentially be a workaround.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Did somebody look in to this? I'd be happy to provide some logs and/or additional info. I'm on Discord as well if that helps.