Thread: Rally-cross Dry vs Wets?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Rally-cross Dry vs Wets?

Whenever I select a non-ice track and use AUTOMATIC BY WEATHER the game always selects DRY tires and never WET even if there is heavy rain. I just raced the Brands Hatch RC race in the rain and used the drys it selected and despite steering wheel feeling like it has seized up car steered ok. I have selected wets in the rain before and been fine. I just ran the race again this time in wets and didn't notice much difference in any in grip, both times it was an unpleasant experience unlike on dirt tracks which were fun.
    Brands is more mud than dirt. Is this a factor?

Platform
    PC
    IIRC, that is on purpose. The dry tires are grooved so they aren't racing slicks. I seem to recall discussing this back in WMD2 where basically the wet and snow tires on the RX cars aren't really useful. In snow and ice conditions, you always use the "Ice" tires. In dry and rain conditions, you always use the "dry" tire. I think the "wet" tire is for more monsoon type racing.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Funhaven event. Completely awful is this a bug? it is snowing and its a dirt track. Game selects Nitto tires. AI on ZERO. Cannot get round any bends without immense frustration. Tried all tires even ICE which should have spikes right? Each time the back end comes round and I'm facing backwards. I need a cheat for this event because I cannot think of any punishment more painful than somehow having to get round 6 whole laps of this mess.
    1) What tires am I supposed to select?
    2) has anyone else done this since patch 6? AI zero remember. I'm no idiot either. Car will not go round corners.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    IIRC, that is on purpose. The dry tires are grooved so they aren't racing slicks. I seem to recall discussing this back in WMD2 where basically the wet and snow tires on the RX cars aren't really useful. In snow and ice conditions, you always use the "Ice" tires. In dry and rain conditions, you always use the "dry" tire. I think the "wet" tire is for more monsoon type racing.
    Ah thanks for the reply. I saw this AFTER I posted another comment. I do have a much more urgent problem now though as described.

Platform
    PC
    I don't know the event, what weather is the event?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    I don't know the event, what weather is the event?
    Funhaven rally event
    F-150 trucks
    Lahoec Low Grip Series (you're not kidding!)
    Light snow is weather, ground looks dry though. Cannot get any traction its like racing tugboats with no rudder!

I completed the RX lites Tier 4 last week on AI 75 won every race first time it was fun and fast car handled well. This is one of the same tracks but this time it is undriveable.

EDIT PASSED EVENT PROBLEM IS FUEL DELIVERY?

Eventually found a way to drive round the track. Get into 2nd gear and constantly pump the throttle once or twice every second to keep it at around 40mph. Any faster and truck would start spinning, the problem here being normally you either spin the tires and drift round corners or run in a higher gear to get batter traction. Fuel CUTS OUT in 3rd and above. Doing 40 in 2nd change to 3rd and it sounds like someone turned the fuel off....pedal to the metal and truck will grind to a halt if you don't shift down. 4th no better. It feels as if you are trying to climb up a huge gradient with a heavy load and 2nd is racing away then 3rd not enough torque so you slow down. Except this is a Ford 150 truck on the level with no load and it dies in 3rd. This was why I as spinning out so much earlier as its hard to drive full throttle with only 1st and 2nd a kill switch 3rd. The pumping throttle solution enabled me to beat the zero AI with about 10 seconds to spare. As opposed to about 2 minutes in any other race!
    Anything in the setup that could cause fuel starvation? Boost full, radiator 40% traction control 1% and 40% (no difference).
    I used the air restrictor on lowest setting to keep up with the AI at first as would not spin out then. Too slow in corners.

Another point of interest is that fuel consumption prediction is way off. I put enough in for 8 laps and engine dies after only 4. So I put enough in for 12 next time. (6 laps race).
    The fuel predictor is normally dead accurate...maybe because I had to stay in 2nd gear the whole way threw it off?

Thanks anyone, I'm past this now but there's something fishy going on for anyone who has yet to do this.

EDIT:
    By coincidence my next race was Mojave Coyote Race with SAME F150. I used exactly the same tune although this track had tarmac. No fuel cutoff this time, Just unusually high gearing. Could never get out of 3rd gear although truck had 6. Was doing 90 in 3rd! Guess you guys set the gearing high for the rally-cross default tune? Great idea except it didn't actually work in the previous race where it seemed good to change into 3rd at 40 whereas here was more like 65.
    Last edited by sloppysmusic; 15-06-2018 at 00:58.