Thread: 2016 Hybrid sounds

Platform
    XBOX1

2016 Hybrid sounds

Must say SMS has done a good job on the engine sounds of the Porsche 919 and Toyota TS050,I can hear the hybrid sound on deceleration and acceleration but I would of liked it to be a little louder.
    What are your thoughts?

Platform
    PC
    Have to say even the engine sounds are completely wrong for Porsche and Toyota. Both have flatplane NA V8 sounds in game when IRL Porsche is V4 turbo (maybe not that far off, but still quite a bit) and Toyota is V6 turbo. And the HY sounds could be better as well.

What I find baffling is how there are already V6 sounds in game but it was still decided to use V8 sound for Toyota

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Being honest if I had one major gripe with the game is I find a lot of the sounds to be underwhelming, especially the LMP class

Platform
    PS4
    I think the Audi is easily the most accurate all round, and the reason for that is explained on the 'physics of' thread. Audi gave them loads and loads of data.
    The following user likes this Post: Pekka Salminen

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerboy555 View Post
    Must say SMS has done a good job on the engine sounds of the Porsche 919 and Toyota TS050,I can hear the hybrid sound on deceleration and acceleration but I would of liked it to be a little louder.
    What are your thoughts?
    This may help, not something I have tested as the X is occupied playing some daft zombie game right now.

Ages ago a poster discovered that the ' car sounds' ( might not be correct name) is linked to engine sounds vol so that it changes with engine vol setting. The the kers sounds might be in the same slider I so try ' other car sounds ' ( or whatever it is) at 100%.

I run engine 20 and other car sounds 100. Gearbox / tranny noise is on that slider so maybe those sounds are too?

Sorry if that is a bit vague. I will check later when I can eschew my other half from the x.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: panzerboy555

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    This may help, not something I have tested as the X is occupied playing some daft zombie game right now.

Ages ago a poster discovered that the ' car sounds' ( might not be correct name) is linked to engine sounds vol so that it changes with engine vol setting. The the kers sounds might be in the same slider I so try ' other car sounds ' ( or whatever it is) at 100%.

I run engine 20 and other car sounds 100. Gearbox / tranny noise is on that slider so maybe those sounds are too?

Sorry if that is a bit vague. I will check later when I can eschew my other half from the x.
    Might have to look into that.
    Cheers
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    well, when you have a turbo spooling sound as the hybrid deployment and recovery + TS040 sound for the TS050 and Ligier JS P2 Nissan or Judd for the Porsche 919 as engine sounds, for sure, you do not hear completely the hybrid sound. I hope that it is a placeholder :/
    the only losers are the ones who give up. but that doesn't mean that you don't have to surpass yourself.
    CastrolGT aka Mach
    T500RS + stiffened pedals and permanent DIY hydraulic brake upgrade

Platform
    PC
    They all sound good to me but I'm no expert and I don't know how the real ones should sound but I like the sounds.
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 TI -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Alienware 34" Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster TSPC-racer - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Corsair Void wireless headset- GT Omega wheelstand - Oculus rift steam - jimortality
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    The Toyota TS050 v6 engine sound could use some love, but I think they are on-top of things and will have it fixed soon.