Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: TheSimGirls's Thrustmaster TX library

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Been using your settings for a while , I’m on the T300 and they work well for me so thanks
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, TheSimGirl

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cholton82 View Post
    Been using your settings for a while , I’m on the T300 and they work well for me so thanks
    I'm glad to hear it has been helping many people. Settings that feel dialed in to you allow you to focus on improving lap times.

I haven't decided if I'm going to get the next one yet. (I'm a little disappointed they stopped supporting 2. I imagine they have good reasons though.)

If I do get it, I will definitely create this list again. I've felt a lot of enjoyment assisting others. Thank you for the positive feedback!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, Twang

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Invaluable.still using all these settings thanks again SimGirl

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Curious how does using Informative effect any of these settings? I just can't decide between using raw or informative. For me on the Xbox using the TX wheel it felt like Raw was just to abusive to my wheel. If I was going to get clipping raw would produce the most clipping a majority of the time without dialing everything way down. I'm so tired of questioning my FFB settings as it never feels right. Trying to balance the feel of understeer and oversteer has been a losing battle. I just want to be able to focus on the lap and feel like my wheel is playing the same game my eyes see.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyers28 View Post
    Curious how does using Informative effect any of these settings? I just can't decide between using raw or informative. For me on the Xbox using the TX wheel it felt like Raw was just to abusive to my wheel. If I was going to get clipping raw would produce the most clipping a majority of the time without dialing everything way down. I'm so tired of questioning my FFB settings as it never feels right. Trying to balance the feel of understeer and oversteer has been a losing battle. I just want to be able to focus on the lap and feel like my wheel is playing the same game my eyes see.
    Clipping won't hurt your wheel, certainly won't abuse it whatever that means

If you find raw clipping, and this is unlikely to be heavy clipping unless you run very high tone and or volume, just reduce volume a little bit.

Informative will even out high and low forces acting as a ffb compressor, it will reduce the dynamic range of the ffb signal. On a lowish torque wheel some prefer informative, others raw. Ffb settings are quite subjective.

Higher tone makes you feel the weight transfer more. Lower tone helps you feel the tyre and grip forces better, again the balance is different for different people.

FX higher than zero increases the feeling of impacts, kerbs and bumps. Often zero is enough and set too high FX forces can overwhelm other ffb signals.

You say it never feels right, there is no right, just what suits you.

My advice is vol 100 always. Tone 40 to 60, vol adjust to keep ffb just below clipping, FX 0 to 10. Just try tone a bit higher and lower to find the balance of weight and tyre/ grip that you prefer.

This video should help you out too.

https://youtu.be/osoxynF0wYw
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 27-02-2020 at 15:49.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    Clipping won't hurt your wheel, certainly won't abuse it whatever that means

If you find raw clipping, and this is unlikely to be heavy clipping unless you run very high tone and or volume, just reduce volume a little bit.

Informative will even out high and low forces acting as a ffb compressor, it will reduce the dynamic range of the ffb signal. On a lowish torque wheel some prefer informative, others raw. Ffb settings are quite subjective.

Higher tone makes you feel the weight transfer more. Lower tone helps you feel the tyre and grip forces better, again the balance is different for different people.

FX higher than zero increases the feeling of impacts, kerbs and bumps. Often zero is enough and set too high FX forces can overwhelm other ffb signals.

You say it never feels right, there is no right, just what suits you.

My advice is vol 100 always. Tone 40 to 60, vol adjust to keep ffb just below clipping, FX 0 to 10. Just try tone a bit higher and lower to find the balance of weight and tyre/ grip that you prefer.

This video should help you out too.

https://youtu.be/osoxynF0wYw
    Haha, yea I'm just never quite sure how much these TX wheels can handle so when the fan is constantly on or I'm really leaning into the "weight" I fear I'm decreasing it's life expectancy far quicker.

Thanks man, appreciate the insight. I'll try your advice and tweak from there.

My biggest thing is not feeling the grip. A lot of this could be due to setup as I understeer (according to my telemetry app) a hella lot. Hard to pick apart the oversteer vs understeer unless it's snap oversteer then it's obvious.

Thanks again

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Hi

Was a FF setup ever created for the Vintage sports cars...Porsche 917, Ferrari 512 etc

Have I missed it?

Regards

Nic
    Last edited by Nic Jackson; 15-03-2020 at 19:38.