Thread: Power cuts

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Question Power cuts

Hi!

When I run PCars, whatever the circuit and whatever the car, I have power cuts. Even keeping the throttle fully down, the car engine cuts for about one second before starting again as normal. What is weird is that these power cuts (about ten around the Spa-Francorchamps circuit or on the California Highway stage 1) happen always at the same locations around the circuit or along the highway. Re-starting the game or even re-starting the computer do not change anything. Note that I run Pcars without running any other software in parallel and without internet connection. Any idea of what is going on here???

Best regards

Platform
    PC
    What assists do you have enabled?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    traction control kicking in?
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AbeWoz View Post
    traction control kicking in?
    That's what it sounds like to me as well.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Good guess guys!

When I set the traction control to "off", the power cuts disappear. However, this is not the very end of the story.
    In fact these power cuts happen one day and the following day, they disappear , then they come back again… The only thing I do in-between is making adjustments to the parameters governing the behavior of my wheel (Thrustmaster TX leather Edition) to try to get rid of the oscillations generated at high speed (which I haven't been able to suppress so far). This means this power cuts phenomenon is very sharp.
    Thus what I did is switching the differential locking ratio from 25% to 26% (in acceleration, it is 40% at braking). This slight modification was enough to make the power cuts disappear!!!
    However, after 2/3 hours spent to try to find the right parameters combination for my wheel setup (that I didn't find so far, as I told previously), these power cuts were back and I had to increase the differential locking ratio by 1 or 2% again!

So, I can consider this issue as solved thanks to your help. Now back to the big fight: tuning my Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel leather edition to the rights parameters, I've been trying hundreds of various parameters combinations, but didn't find the good one yet, despite I'm driving the same car on the same track since the beginning, a few weeks ago. I found several setups on the forum but they are so different from one to another that I have a hard time taking real benefit of these setups.

Anyway, thank you for your time and your good advice.

PS: you may find it's poor English but English is not my mother language.
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68