Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It was a problem, now it's a worse problem

Platform
    PC

It was a problem, now it's a worse problem

Yeah, kick-happy hosts stripping points from other players was a bad problem, but the fix should have been to not remove points when someone is kicked. Instead, they decided to take the easy way out and use a sledgehammer (remove the host's ability to kick) to solve the problem. Except now, the problem is worse.

Take it from someone who has raced in thousands of online races...you can't get enough votes to kick a crasher. Besides, you often don't know you have a crasher until the race starts. I've seen a host stop their race to kick a crasher (bless their hearts) but you damn sure ain't gonna get a majority of the lobby to stop their race to kick someone.

Fix the problem the right way SMS... don't take away points from someone that is kicked. Simple solution, problem solved.
    Intel i7-2600k quad core @ 4.4GHz | Asus P8Z68-V LE | 4x4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1080Ti 11GB | Steelseries Siberia 350 headphones |500 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD | 256 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD | 4TB WD Green HD | 1TB WD Red HD | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Logitech G27 with Nixim brake mod | Asus PG279Q 27" IPS G-Sync monitor @ 2560 x 1440 | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO
    The following 12 users likes this Post: A Scott, AbeWoz, blackduckrun, Dave White, DeanUK, ermo, Fight-Test, FxUK, hkraft300, KANETAKER, leeroy98, sas5320

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Even with the voting system, unless you see the incident you shouldn't / your not going to vote,
    If you do vote based on 1 person's side cause they have a mic, your just abusing the system.

+1 for the Host Kick option back.
    Last edited by A Scott; 19-06-2018 at 20:12.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: DeanUK, leeroy98

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    +1, this is an inelegant solution.

maybe if people would bother to SAFETY RATE MORE LOBBIES this wouldn't be so common and people would bother not being idiots.
    Ultimate budget vr rig: i5-2500, 8gigs ram, 1050ti, 550watt psu. total cost: $375. Fanatec Forza CSR wheel, CSL Elite loadcell pedals, Fanatec sequential/H pattern shifter. Golf GTI "racing seat"
    The following 2 users likes this Post: leeroy98, rich1e I

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Disagree.
    It's not just about the points, it's about wasted time. You qualify, get near the end of a race, then get kicked by a troll host after 30+ minutes of racing.
    They didn’t like an overtake? Kick. Not on podium? Kick. And so on. Unlike rammers, you physically can’t avoid that.

Instead the voting system needs a better implementation (notification + hotkey) and/or host-kick should be weighted to reduce the number of votes needed to kick.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FxUK, shomke

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    But that problem is EASILY solved by noting what hosts kick for no reason and never going to a room hosted by them again. Shouldn't take long for them to be ostracized completely.

But being completely unable to kick without a unanimous vote? Complete and utter BS..!

Even Gran Turismo isn't stupid enough to take kick out of the hands of hosts. I wish SMS were forced to play nothing but public online console rooms for a month. Then the idiocy of their decision would quickly be apparent.

But we all know they don't race there, don't we? LOL

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    But that problem is EASILY solved by noting what hosts kick for no reason and never going to a room hosted by them again. Shouldn't take long for them to be ostracized completely.

But being completely unable to kick without a unanimous vote? Complete and utter BS..!

Even Gran Turismo isn't stupid enough to take kick out of the hands of hosts. I wish SMS were forced to play nothing but public online console rooms for a month. Then the idiocy of their decision would quickly be apparent.

But we all know they don't race there, don't we? LOL
    Calm down please. There's no need for this disrespectful tone towards the devs.
    That's by far not your first warning, but it's definitely your last one.

You don't need a unanimous vote btw. 50% is enough to kick a user.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Sankyo

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    Sorry I'm fire and forget, not going to work for me. Now I do agree there should be a more elegant solution than completely removing host kick, but having to keep a personal hate-list either in memory or on paper is not a solution. And until someone comes up with a better one, blame the power abusing hosts, not the messengers.
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Platform
    PC
    I will say this again for PC, local dedi server, full host and remote admin kick, steam Blacklist, full control, research it, don't complain about it, make your own and poeple will join, you have to perservere, try and be pro active ;-)

P.S Don't put GT3 at Monza on, you will get thee dregs of society.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Krobo, MartinMWWebb

Platform
    PC
    DON'T REMOVE POINTS FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE KICKED. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Now that's not too hard, is it?
    Intel i7-2600k quad core @ 4.4GHz | Asus P8Z68-V LE | 4x4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1080Ti 11GB | Steelseries Siberia 350 headphones |500 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD | 256 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD | 4TB WD Green HD | 1TB WD Red HD | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Logitech G27 with Nixim brake mod | Asus PG279Q 27" IPS G-Sync monitor @ 2560 x 1440 | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO
    The following 2 users likes this Post: DeanUK, Fight-Test

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Coffey View Post
    DON'T REMOVE POINTS FOR PEOPLE THAT ARE KICKED. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Now that's not too hard, is it?
    Not totally, if the host kicks because you are faster he still gains more/loses less than if you had stayed.
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)