Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: It was a problem, now it's a worse problem

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    What this changes, is that it will leave the less skilled players out of the lobby, myself included because from cockpit view in my 23'' monitor and with most cars I cannot see even slightly left/right ahead, so I will be neither fast or safe in the race. If you can afford to do that , if you still get enough players to join such a room, then it's fine of course. And because usually (but not always) faster drivers are also safer, then I agree you can have in general a better race this way.
    More lobby options better racing win win, personally id rather have smaller grids and better racing less is more.

Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    But that doesn't affect trolls (not bad drivers, I am talking about trolls), actually I think it works on the opposite way, trolls are more intrigued to ruin races of what they consider more "elitist" players, so it's probably more like an invitation to them to join such lobbies. Unless of course you put a high safety ranking limit, in which case you are relatively safe.
    What ever game devolpers do / host do am sure theirs allways players that will find a way around it to ruin the fun.

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by A Scott View Post
    More lobby options better racing win win, personally id rather have smaller grids and better racing less is more.
    No not more lobby options, it's already taking too much time to see what set of settings a chosen lobby has. Including devious ones like disable autostart which can catch me off-guard(plus the fact it's not fair because auto-clutch people are unaffected). In fact I'd prefer it if a lot of options were bundled. Like the two damage options. It's hard enough to know which damage option includes what anyway.
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: EV3RY, FxUK

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    No not more lobby options, it's already taking too much time to see what set of settings a chosen lobby has. Including devious ones like disable autostart which can catch me off-guard(plus the fact it's not fair because auto-clutch people are unaffected). In fact I'd prefer it if a lot of options were bundled. Like the two damage options. It's hard enough to know which damage option includes what anyway.
    It takes 5seconds to read through the lobby settings, and a host should have all the options he wants to set the lobby up how he see fits, doesnt stop anyone from racing how the wish, currently players who dont want to race in cockpit simple dont join lobbys which force this, all assits are no different thier should be options for all,
    Its not devious its a host option and upto to the player to read the settings before deciding to join,
    devious is the hosts that disable the ready up screen before the race which aren't visible in the settings of the lobby, not allowing players to adjust thier tune / fuel loads, who need to pit to re fuel host got a unfair advantage,
    A lot of complaints I remember coming from hosts / players kicking for players that took thier time on the ready up screen, which I think help lead to the remove of the option for the host to kick, if you cant wait 2mins before I race then something is seriously wrong,
    The following user likes this Post: KANETAKER

Platform
    PC
    A lot of complaints I remember coming from hosts / players kicking for players that took thier time on the ready up screen, which I think help lead to the remove of the option for the host to kick, if you cant wait 2mins before I race then something is seriously wrong,
    If its the thread I am thinking of, that was more of a "pet-peeve/annoyance" seeing people impatiently vote kick spamming whilst the timer counts down... to no avail. Not from players who where actually being kicked. The thread also simultaneously talked about the annoyance of headlight flashing, until it was split in two... more of an "x things that I find annoying" type of thread.

I think the kick option was removed based off the threads from players saying they where kicked by the host when in P1 and on the last lap.

Who knows though.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, KANETAKER

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Jip, I hate that too. If you can't be patient for 2 minutes that doesn't bode well for your patience when overtaking someone. And besides it robs you of your chance to fill your car with enough fuel for the race.
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: A Scott, KANETAKER

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Sorry I should of put if I remember right,
    With out going off topic, headlight flashing depending on series its what they do, but yea i agree its something else that can be abused sadly,
    series I watch use thier headlights in qualifying to inform others thier on a hot lap, they come up behide a car without thier lights on IE out lap they flash to let them hey move over am on it so to speak, I use my headlight in quali but not all do.

Platform
    PC
    We just realised you can’t kick people out on dedi servers either in game and now the only way to kick people that need it is using the api. Seriously guys this is just silly and can it please be fixed. I’ll be clear, encase someone takes it further, if you remove this from the api too you take a hammer to running any clean multiplayer lobbies. It’s that simple.
    https://rwb-racing.enjin.com/forum --- https://discord.gg/MmtTXPA --- Active League - Renault RS01 Supercup

i5 8600K @ 4.8GHz \ 1080Ti \ 16GB RAM \ SSD's \ Sim-Plicity 20Nm OSW \ Fanatec Formula Black Rim USB Converted \ Fanatec v3 Pedals
    The following 4 users likes this Post: A Scott, KANETAKER, sas5320, Scott Coffey