Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It was a problem, now it's a worse problem

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Not totally, if the host kicks because you are faster he still gains more/loses less than if you had stayed.
    Yeah but removing kick points does not help when someone is being a dick and they are kicked they should lose points as an incentive not to be a dick, I agree hosts that kick for personal gain then the player shouldn't lose points but it's a double edged sword.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    XBOX1
    Please remove the skill rank completely and keep only the safety rank. Thank you.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Charger, cpcdem, FxUK, MaximusN, Rodders, sas5320

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Safety rating i can understand. But whats the big fuzz on the driving points. Hence most lobbies are even on U100.

It only works when you create a online session. And set the safety rating as high as your own. And perhaps set driver points at 1000+? That will leave the majority of the bad guys out, and leaves you with an 'grown up' lobby. Otherwise setup private lobbies or join a league?

But then the more or less empty lobbies discussion starts again... so it most likely will never be to everybody's liking. And when the game gets older, the fan base will decrease. Leaving only the real fans.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Coffey View Post
    Yeah, kick-happy hosts stripping points from other players was a bad problem, but the fix should have been to not remove points when someone is kicked. Instead, they decided to take the easy way out and use a sledgehammer (remove the host's ability to kick) to solve the problem. Except now, the problem is worse.

Take it from someone who has raced in thousands of online races...you can't get enough votes to kick a crasher. Besides, you often don't know you have a crasher until the race starts. I've seen a host stop their race to kick a crasher (bless their hearts) but you damn sure ain't gonna get a majority of the lobby to stop their race to kick someone.

Fix the problem the right way SMS... don't take away points from someone that is kicked. Simple solution, problem solved.
    It is an absolute joke now. I am so disappointed with SMS for this. I totally agree that noone should lose points for being kicked, but to remove the kick function all together is the worst decision ever.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    PS4pro - 55"LG 4K - T300RS - Turtlebeach Stealth 500P

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Disagree.
    It's not just about the points, it's about wasted time. You qualify, get near the end of a race, then get kicked by a troll host after 30+ minutes of racing.
    They didnít like an overtake? Kick. Not on podium? Kick. And so on. Unlike rammers, you physically canít avoid that.

Instead the voting system needs a better implementation (notification + hotkey) and/or host-kick should be weighted to reduce the number of votes needed to kick.
    Simple solution is to find another lobby. The majority of hosts are not trolls and can capably make decisions on bad drivers leaving the lobby. If your theory stands up then SMS should also remove contact all together because rammers keep ruining races, which would also be the wrong solution.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    But that problem is EASILY solved by noting what hosts kick for no reason and never going to a room hosted by them again. Shouldn't take long for them to be ostracized completely.

But being completely unable to kick without a unanimous vote? Complete and utter BS..!

Even Gran Turismo isn't stupid enough to take kick out of the hands of hosts. I wish SMS were forced to play nothing but public online console rooms for a month. Then the idiocy of their decision would quickly be apparent.

But we all know they don't race there, don't we? LOL
    Well said! I'm not sure what bit was disrespectful tone towards the devs... lost in translation possibly?

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    [QUOTE=Charger;1521366]I will say this again for PC, local dedi server, full host and remote admin kick, steam Blacklist, full control, research it, don't complain about it, make your own and poeple will join, you have to perservere, try and be pro active ;-)

That's ok for PC users, not for PS4 :-(

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanUK View Post
    Well said! I'm not sure what bit was disrespectful tone towards the devs... lost in translation possibly?
    "Utter BS", "stupid", "idiocy", what else should be said to be regarded as disrespectful to say the least?
    I do agree it was a very bad decision, btw.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Calm down please. There's no need for this disrespectful tone towards the devs.
    That's by far not your first warning, but it's definitely your last one.

You don't need a unanimous vote btw. 50% is enough to kick a user.
    It's ok to say 50% but when the lobby is full (16 players) and half the people in the lobby don't have mics and many can't speak the same language, it really isn't a great solution to remove a dodgy player. The host kick function is a standard tool in most online lobby platforms to keep the peace and maintain a friendly lobby. We always announce just before the race starts "please keep it clean"... with seconds there a few idiots piling into the first corner with no care for anyone else and now with the knowledge that they won't be kicked either.

As a customer of the product Project Cars 2, I have paid my hard earned money and now my product is having useful features removed. That is not great customer care and is very disrespectful to all the users who found that feature useful! That is why people are getting animated and angry about this. It seems that feedback is seen as an attack, but it's not the case. We are all feeding back to help steer the game in the right direction.
    Last edited by DeanUK; 20-06-2018 at 23:09. Reason: spelling

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    "Utter BS", "stupid", "idiocy", what else should be said to be regarded as disrespectful to say the least?
    I do agree it was a very bad decision, btw.
    Ok, a few choice words, but not everyone communicates the same way. I read it as this:

"But being completely unable to kick without a unanimous vote? Seems to me to be a bad idea..!

Even other sims don't take the kick function out of the hands of hosts. I wish SMS were able to see the problems us users face on a daily basis. Then they would see that removing the function might not have been the right way to go."

Which are sentiments I agree with.