Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It was a problem, now it's a worse problem

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Not totally, if the host kicks because you are faster he still gains more/loses less than if you had stayed.
    Does anyone really care about the points system? I don't really pay attention to my rating, just checked and its S1416... I have no idea what that means, and really not that bothered by it. I personally just want to get on and race other people in a fair and friendly environment. In a lobby that has the ability to remove trolls and rammers. Ok we could race in private lobbies (which we've been forced to tonight as the driving standards were shocking) but that then removes the chance of meeting other decent/fair/friendly racers, its the unsociable solution. It seems that there was a problem, but rather than address the problem in hand they've come up with a solution that doesn't help anyone.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    PS4pro - 55"LG 4K - T300RS - Turtlebeach Stealth 500P
    The following user likes this Post: Charger

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I make stupid decisions. Things I do can be utter BS. I occasionally partake in idiocy.

I can take it. Doesn't mean I'm a BS stupid idiot.

The trouble starts when people cannot distinguish between an idea being stupid, and the person implementing that idea.

SMS are no doubt a bunch of extremely intelligent guys and gals. But that doesn't mean they can't do stupid things that are complete BS. As we are witnessing.

I really rather wish we had the ability to distinguish the two. The devs might still be talking to us if they could...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanUK View Post
    Does anyone really care about the points system? I don't really pay attention to my rating, just checked and its S1416... I have no idea what that means, and really not that bothered by it. I personally just want to get on and race other people in a fair and friendly environment. In a lobby that has the ability to remove trolls and rammers. Ok we could race in private lobbies (which we've been forced to tonight as the driving standards were shocking) but that then removes the chance of meeting other decent/fair/friendly racers, its the unsociable solution. It seems that there was a problem, but rather than address the problem in hand they've come up with a solution that doesn't help anyone.
    Yes having control over a lobby and keeping it clean does help people gravitate towards your lobby, most people that join us have just dropped in and seen that it's clean and that is what they want.

It's a bit like speed dating (not that I have done it ;-)), first imressions last, some come in and don't want the competition, some come and like it's clean even though they maybe at the back, some like the control, different strokes and all that.

We dont care about points but we do rank safety rating, C100 and above is the usual but we do drop it for new players that join the Discord and want to try out and then we just put it back once they are in and they can stay, keeps the tools out.

Admin really helps and monitoring is a must, spend a bit of time organising rather than lapping for qualy and you are golden, at the end of the day getting a good position on the start from qualy can be lost in the first corner, some people seem to just want to get the fastsest lap to prove a pissing contest, I can start at the back in a 5 lapper and get to the the top 5 which is fun ;-)
    The following user likes this Post: DeanUK

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    One of the simplest things SMS could add is a no practice reverse grid start system. Finish the race, pick a new track (if desired), pick a new car (if desired), set laps and start. Winners of last race start at the back. Newcomers and last places start at the front.

The good drivers have to work their way carefully through the pack, setting an example to the noobs of how to do a clean pass, and hosts get to quickly see who the trolls are (who usually just prey on the back markers and never get seen by the host).

In fact, there are real life race series with reverse grids, so SMS wouldn't really be going against religious dogma and introducing an arcade game feature (the horror!), either!

It makes a massive difference online in casual rooms. How do the noobs get better if they never SEE anyone good?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Simple solution is to find another lobby. The majority of hosts are not trolls and can capably make decisions on bad drivers leaving the lobby. If your theory stands up then SMS should also remove contact all together because rammers keep ruining races, which would also be the wrong solution.
    In that same reasoning, finding another lobby is also a "simple" fix to encountering rammers, but doesn't address the underlying problem.

A bad host-kick cannot be stopped at all and is frustrating points lost or not. However, you can avoid rammers in-race and recover from a crash.
    IMO, the best and most likely course SMS will take is improving the vote-kick, it's handles the lesser of two evils.
    The following user likes this Post: MaximusN

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    I make stupid decisions. Things I do can be utter BS. I occasionally partake in idiocy.

I can take it. Doesn't mean I'm a BS stupid idiot.

The trouble starts when people cannot distinguish between an idea being stupid, and the person implementing that idea.

SMS are no doubt a bunch of extremely intelligent guys and gals. But that doesn't mean they can't do stupid things that are complete BS. As we are witnessing.

I really rather wish we had the ability to distinguish the two. The devs might still be talking to us if they could...
    So you say it's fine to dismiss a decision as BS and idiocy and think it's odd that people feel attacked/insulted by such words when you could have easily used more respectful wording to get your opinion across? You don't think that using the language you used can be taken the wrong way if said against people you don't know personally?

And in that last statement you're dismissing the devs as not being smart enough to see what you see. Time for a time-out to reconsider your behavior here.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cpcdem, MaximusN, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    In that same reasoning, finding another lobby is also a "simple" fix to encountering rammers, but doesn't address the underlying problem.

A bad host-kick cannot be stopped at all and is frustrating points lost or not. However, you can avoid rammers in-race and recover from a crash.
    IMO, the best and most likely course SMS will take is improving the vote-kick, it's handles the lesser of two evils.
    A bad host can be stopped as they will eventually be in an empty lobby with no one wanting to race them.

Yes if the vote kick system only took 2 votes, one to second the decision then yes that would certainly help. I don’t understand when you finally do manage to kick someone how they are able to simply rejoin the next race, surely that’s a bug.

IMO the old host kick system worked, now it doesn’t and it’s impacting on the gameplay for the majority of clean hosts.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, KANETAKER

Platform
    PC
    A bad host can be stopped as they will eventually be in an empty lobby with no one wanting to race them.
    Nope, only people faster than him/her wouldn't want to race him/her.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    ...or not if the room fills again. This is far from the definition of being stopped and the problem still remains. I agree hosts should be able to kick, but if it's there there should be serious recourse for hosts who abuse their power. Remember that the ones abusing the system is why we ended up here in the first place, blame them, not the ones who took their toy away.
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following user likes this Post: rich1e I

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    So you say it's fine to dismiss a decision as BS and idiocy and think it's odd that people feel attacked/insulted by such words when you could have easily used more respectful wording to get your opinion across? You don't think that using the language you used can be taken the wrong way if said against people you don't know personally?

And in that last statement you're dismissing the devs as not being smart enough to see what you see. Time for a time-out to reconsider your behavior here.
    Fair point btw. Ok, why haven’t the devs come out and explained their reason for removing a valid and useful feature? It’s a huge change and as I can see many people weren’t aware and thought it was a bug.

As a customer of the game and a user of the product are we not entitled to complain if a feature in the product we purchased is removed as that makes a product less good than the one we purchased?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    PS4pro - 55"LG 4K - T300RS - Turtlebeach Stealth 500P