Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love vintage cars on vintage tracks

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Love vintage cars on vintage tracks

Don't want to post something too boring here, but write my two cents.

I love the vintage Prototypes A + B, the Group C and the Group 4+5. And I find it great to do a 24h-race within 90 minutes. It is so immersive, graphically wonderfull and it takes alot of concentration to get it right without too many mistakes. It is very rewarding. The new historic Le Mans-track looks and feels outstanding. THANK YOU FOR THAT.

I don't miss too much, but i really wish that the cars would show more oversteer. I know it has been discussed already, but it is too bad, that I cannot find a setup that enables me to feed in the throttle gradually to steer the car by throttle input. I don't mean snap-oversteer but a more loose rear. The rear seems "magically" glued to the tarmac (despite seldom snapping), no matter which setup changes I try. I know that some cars have been designed to understeer and it should be like this in the game. It is generally in the game and in slow corners it can drive you crazy, which is correct I think. But I wish, I could drive a 917, a GT40 or their competitors into an oversteery state in fast corners, not too snappy, but more loose, by pushing the throttle.

I already tried the all terain tyres with dropping the ai-level, but sadly and at least for me (my abilities) , it feels rather weird.

But - I love these cars and the contemporary tracks. "The tyre-thing" does not stop me from driving them at all. But if this could be changed.....

Oh, and if the 908 would have headlights for 24h....
    The following 2 users likes this Post: kondor999, ZeDuncan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    There is no magic glue. You can definately achieve what you want with setup changes. Stiffen the rear springs a bit, play with the rear toe in and depending on the car play with the differential settings.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    If there are Vintage tyres available for that car(opposed to the default Track ones you get with automatic by weather) choose those. For instance in the Lotus 49 it makes a world of difference. The track tyres are modern tyres, which are way too grippy for those cars. I'm actually surprised they don't flip over when you turn on those. It also makes them very understeery, specifically those cars with wide rears and narrow fronts.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following 5 users likes this Post: ELAhrairah, John Hargreaves, kondor999, MrTulip, rocho

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for your comments. Still, I just can't get it to my liking. (Maybe my liking is the problem here)

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I personally love racing the race cars from pre-2000. They are all great, especially if they have period tracks to race on.

I'm currently bathing myself in 25 minutes of le mans with x60 time and group c cars.

Just epic in every way.
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce
    complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Plato99, Tank621

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rainer61 View Post
    Thanks for your comments. Still, I just can't get it to my liking. (Maybe my liking is the problem here)
    Maybe too obvious, but still asking... traction control being set to "off"?
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    yes, thank you, tc is off
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Have you tried the "all terrain" tires already?
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Yes I tried them but they feel somehow weird to me. I'll try again an see wether I can get used to them.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by rainer61 View Post
    Don't want to post something too boring here, but write my two cents.

I love the vintage Prototypes A + B, the Group C and the Group 4+5. And I find it great to do a 24h-race within 90 minutes. It is so immersive, graphically wonderfull and it takes alot of concentration to get it right without too many mistakes. It is very rewarding. The new historic Le Mans-track looks and feels outstanding. THANK YOU FOR THAT.

I don't miss too much, but i really wish that the cars would show more oversteer. I know it has been discussed already, but it is too bad, that I cannot find a setup that enables me to feed in the throttle gradually to steer the car by throttle input. I don't mean snap-oversteer but a more loose rear. The rear seems "magically" glued to the tarmac (despite seldom snapping), no matter which setup changes I try. I know that some cars have been designed to understeer and it should be like this in the game. It is generally in the game and in slow corners it can drive you crazy, which is correct I think. But I wish, I could drive a 917, a GT40 or their competitors into an oversteery state in fast corners, not too snappy, but more loose, by pushing the throttle.

I already tried the all terain tyres with dropping the ai-level, but sadly and at least for me (my abilities) , it feels rather weird.

But - I love these cars and the contemporary tracks. "The tyre-thing" does not stop me from driving them at all. But if this could be changed.....

Oh, and if the 908 would have headlights for 24h....
    I love them too! Had a blast with the 917K and the 80'S GTO'S. The Carrera RS is also amazing.