Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Please can you put host ability kick option back into the lobbies

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by A Scott View Post
    If thier being kicked for ruining a race then they should loose skill points, cause thier skill is lacking,
    if someone knew they was gonna loose a bunch of points due to thier position ie P9 P10 etc, they could do something to get kicked no points lost.
    If they are being kicked for ruining a race, they would lose safety rating just from their antics.. sadly, U is the starting point but also the worst it can get.
    Having a lower tier to separate rammers from new comers, such as Z would help with this. You can go up, but not down from the starting point, whereas with skill you can go both ways. Makes no sense to me.

Problem with taking points away, is its easy to abuse... innocents may lose points (hence why they changed the system).
    A kick should be completely neutral, skill rating wise, including not awarding players in the race for "beating" the kicked player (if that's how it works) IMO.
    On the other hand, With a disconnect, the game should still award points as if the remaining players "beat" the person disconnecting via the menus / retiring. Although not sure how they would handle disconnects not initiated by the player (i.e steam / network goes down)... that throws a bit of a curve ball in

The fact that U rated players can join S rated lobbies, makes no sense either... and now you can't even kick them when they do.

Mind you, I would rather the lobby restrictions be able to have Safety only, with skill points off. Skill points may some people go insane.
    Last edited by FxUK; 25-06-2018 at 13:08.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe
    The following user likes this Post: KANETAKER

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FxUK View Post
    If they are being kicked for ruining a race, they would lose safety rating just from their antics.. sadly, U is the starting point but also the worst it can get.
    Having a lower tier to separate rammers from new comers, such as Z would help with this. You can go up, but not down from the starting point, whereas with skill you can go both ways. Makes no sense to me.
    That's actually a good idea. Just like the starting skill rating is rather high(which should be lowered to like 1300 IMHO). The safety rating could still start at U(unknown), but there could be additional letters(so G and lower) so once there are enough races on record you either progress to F or drop to G. At this moment it's hard to distinguish new players(who could well be seasoned racers) from people who can't get out of the lowest of the low safety ratings after 30 races.
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DeanUK View Post
    By removing the kick function it seems you are ruining the user experience.

Example, tonight hosting a public lobby, a good group of fair racers (some English speaking, others not) and a bad driver/rammer/idiot joins the lobby. The host tries to kick without success, we then ask down the mics for others to assist, but not everyone does. 3 race sessions ruined by the bad driver. We finally managed to kick the offender... guess what next race he joined again.

Please try and understand that the majority of good hosts need the ability to police the lobby and remove rammers to make the racing more enjoyable, fun, fair for everyone else in the lobby?

In Project Cars 1 everyone campaigned to get the host kick function added and was gratefully received. In Project Cars 2 you had the functionality in place from the start. It makes no sense at all that you've removed it? I'm trying my best here to be supportive.

By disable this function you made playing online a risky decision.
    I wont play Ranked lobby's until this option will be back.
    Hell lot of crasher and even worse, the lagging people.

please fix that fast...
    It was much more fun before

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by UriBombe View Post
    By disable this function you made playing online a risky decision.
    I wont play Ranked lobby's until this option will be back.
    Hell lot of crasher and even worse, the lagging people.

please fix that fast...
    It was much more fun before
    For PC just search for dedicated servers only, these can still kick players it has not been removed.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FxUK View Post

Problem with taking points away, is its easy to abuse... innocents may lose points (hence why they changed the system).
    A kick should be completely neutral, skill rating wise, including not awarding players in the race for "beating" the kicked player (if that's how it works) IMO.
    On the other hand, With a disconnect, the game should still award points as if the remaining players "beat" the person disconnecting via the menus / retiring. Although not sure how they would handle disconnects not initiated by the player (i.e steam / network goes down)... that throws a bit of a curve ball in
    As I understand it the game doesnt appoint blame, so both cars involved are penalised the same,
    points does the game know the difference between, kicked / lost connection / quit, am sure ive heard people saying they used to loose points from all 3 scenarios.

Mybe best just to delete the whole system, what ever changes they make thier never going to please everyone or the system I cant see being ever fair to everyone.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The safety ranking part of the system is useful, because if you join a U and an F server, you can easily see the big difference, racing is a lot more clean in F servers. Problem is that from F to A and probably also S there's practically no or very little difference, so the system needs calibration, but certainly should not be deleted!

About the ranking part, yes, there's no physical way to tell lost connection to rage quit, so that has to be treated as the same. For host kick, I agree points should not be removed, or at least make the amount of points lost very small.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by A Scott View Post
    As I understand it the game doesnt appoint blame, so both cars involved are penalised the same,
    points does the game know the difference between, kicked / lost connection / quit, am sure ive heard people saying they used to loose points from all 3 scenarios.

Mybe best just to delete the whole system, what ever changes they make thier never going to please everyone or the system I cant see being ever fair to everyone.
    It can't determine who's at fault, no, but if 1 person rams 20 times in a session, and 20 players are hit once....
    The rammer suffers a deduction of safety 20 times, so to speak whereas the victims suffer a deduction 1 time (whatever is involved) So in the grand scheme of things... the safety works, aside from U being the lowest it can go.

As for kicked / lost connection.. yeah the game knows the difference between a kick, retire, exit race... but perhaps it doesn't know the difference between any sort of disconnection.
    Since "skill" rating is gained by winning / beating others, but lost by losing to others, being kicked, retiring, disconnections etc its unbalanced.
    It should only be lost by losing / retiring / quitting (which are all losses) and nothing else.

Edit: Perhaps with one difference, disconnects could still be counted in-game as the player being last, so others can benefit (in the same way as retiring / coming last), whereas a kick nobody should benefit or lose skill (safety, yes)

The way I see it is, How does my skill have anything to do with the host that kicked me, or the fact that steam did a server reboot. Hence why I think kicks should be neutral for skill points, across the board, so nobody can benefit from them, or lose because of them. Or just turn the skill points off :P Because they only seem to cause issues... anger...win at all costs...etc.
    Last edited by FxUK; 25-06-2018 at 16:34.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe

Platform
    PC
    Oh my god. Please.

I just did a Monza race with the penalties off, because the time penalties are a pain in the ass, and some guy was just cutting all the chicanes. He was the only one. I couldn't kick him because we have to vote for it. I used to be able to put my chin on the wheel and hold it and kick people.

I'm the bloody lobby admin and I can't kick people... like... ffwwwwwwaatt?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Synystr View Post
    Oh my god. Please.

I just did a Monza race with the penalties off, because the time penalties are a pain in the ass, and some guy was just cutting all the chicanes. He was the only one. I couldn't kick him because we have to vote for it. I used to be able to put my chin on the wheel and hold it and kick people.

I'm the bloody lobby admin and I can't kick people... like... ffwwwwwwaatt?
    Force interior view manual gears disable assists etc make it as hard as possible plus full damage etc. You will be the only player in the lobby but you will have clean racing!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppysmusic View Post
    Force interior view manual gears disable assists etc make it as hard as possible plus full damage etc. You will be the only player in the lobby but you will have clean racing!
    Nope, you will limit yourself, we run all assists allowed, don't force anything and we get regular good clean lobbies, don't think that cutters and rammers will be put off by assists and limits, we run with penalties on, don't get thinking this is a noobs room either, we get some very fast racers in there.

If I look for a room and people enforce silly rules to their own taste I move along, if you allow everything you will get a mix of people that will use their own preferences, people like a choice.

Oh and Monza, really what do you expect ;-)