Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Please can you put host ability kick option back into the lobbies

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    That's iRacing as well in the lower tiers...
    It was a bit tongue in cheek (with it's burnt out RWB livery).

Although without the ability for the trolls to be kicked.. the situation in p2p is quite bad now, well, every time I have tried to play at least.. not counting RWB lobbies.
    It wasn't so bad previously, because the lobby could be kept somewhat clean... or at least, subsequent races became much cleaner, in the same lobby.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I just don't understand why they took out on of the best features in the game. Coming from the Xbox / Forza community its was refreshing to just kick trolls out that ram or don't care. The voting systems never worked well.

I could understand if this was a public hopper but its not, its the races i'm hosting every night (feel free to join us). Why would you take that away? And on top of that not give us any explanation? If renting a server was the solution I would gladly do it.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FxUK, sas5320

Superkart Pilot
    Probably the game is a bunch of spaghetti code, impossible to maintain. Their engine probably passed from game to game for a few games already with patches and patches of code on top glued by tape.

That's why they deal with basic things (should be) like this in the way they do.
    The "ignored" bugs, the no new features, the patches every few months.
    I don't see any other season. The game is nice and there's no signal of bad development as a final result wise.

But probably the devs are not having a good time if there's spaghetti code, so it's easier to but features instead of fixing it.
    If that's not the season and it's another "great" choice.......

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by foxymop View Post
    Probably the game is a bunch of spaghetti code, impossible to maintain. Their engine probably passed from game to game for a few games already with patches and patches of code on top glued by tape.

That's why they deal with basic things (should be) like this in the way they do.
    I don't see any other season. The game is nice and there's no signal of bad development as a final result wise.

But probably the devs are not having a good time if there's spaghetti code, so it's easier to but features instead of fixing it.
    I really can't see how a conscious discision (which we can discuss about at length) made the prevent abuse of host kick has got anything to do with your rant...
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Superkart Pilot
    Rant? Lol.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Well it's been a few months of no host ability to kick (when I started this thread)... No comment or justification from SMS. I've tried to stick with project cars 2 as long as I can, but I'm sorry to say I feel the devs have failed us on this issue. I'm fed up with hosting lobbies that end up with a few troll/rammers that I have no ability to deal with. I will be on the look out for an alternative racing sim and trade this one in.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    PS4pro - 55"LG 4K - T300RS - Turtlebeach Stealth 500P

Platform
    PC

I take it that you have no idea of/experience with complex software at all, nor with developing/maintaining it from a time/money/resource/risks point of view? Because I don't see any other reason for writing such nonsense.

But anyway, that doesn't even apply to this particular change in the game as MaximusN already stated.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FxUK, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Rant? Lol.
    Yes, you can’t take such nonsense seriously let’s be honest.
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Why should a few wreck a sim we all enjoy I got trolled last night in two races, I asked host to kick him now I know why he was not kicked, something has to be done before everyone leaves the sim we enjoy and the likes of slighty mad decide not to make new sim due to no market demand. Even if we name and shame nowt can be done

Wish there was some kind of quick option to kick a person during a race for the host. Wishful thinking.

Seperating wheel from controller in lobbies would be great too. Yes I know, all you controller users are perfect in every way shape or form.

Some people that had the game purchased for them by their grandma are only playing the game to wreck. They use controllers.
    www.youtube.com/blackjackrow

PS4 add: adam_j03-zl

Looking for clean races!
    The following user likes this Post: KANETAKER