Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G29 with drive hub lacks force feedback

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

G29 with drive hub lacks force feedback

So I've been playing the game on my One X for a number of weeks now with my G29 and drive hub combo and the steering has always felt a bit off. No matter what settings I use there has always been a distinct lack of any sort of useful force feedback and when driving the wheel just sort of feels a bit dead. For instance, there's no vibrations when driving along and no feel for when the car is sliding etc meaning it's impossible to judge any steering correction leading to numerous spins.

There is some force feedback but i decided to fire up the game on my PS4 this morning and the difference between the 2 is like night and day.

My question is, is the problem because I'm using the drive hub or is the feedback on the Xbox just nowhere near the same level as PlayStation? Or am I doing something wrong?

Any advice welcome. I've tried all the different FFB settings in the options menu and nothing makes any difference.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Think you'll get better/more useful info in the PlayStation forum.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    My problem is on the one x

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnieshere View Post
    So I've been playing the game on my One X for a number of weeks now with my G29 and drive hub combo and the steering has always felt a bit off. No matter what settings I use there has always been a distinct lack of any sort of useful force feedback and when driving the wheel just sort of feels a bit dead. For instance, there's no vibrations when driving along and no feel for when the car is sliding etc meaning it's impossible to judge any steering correction leading to numerous spins.

There is some force feedback but i decided to fire up the game on my PS4 this morning and the difference between the 2 is like night and day.

My question is, is the problem because I'm using the drive hub or is the feedback on the Xbox just nowhere near the same level as PlayStation? Or am I doing something wrong?

Any advice welcome. I've tried all the different FFB settings in the options menu and nothing makes any difference.
    The drive hub is a device that goes between your wheel and the Xbox right? If so that is the main reason for the differences. I'd think you'd get different results if you used a G920(native Xbox support). I'm not 100% sure of course, but I'd think there is a difference.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 21-06-2018 at 18:40.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, 918 Wheel, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Welp, shows how much I know. Didn't know you could use that wheel on Xbox. I have a g920 with crazy wheel shake, so I kinda feel your pain. Hope you get it sorted out family.

Platform
    PC
    The G29 is made for Playstation and PC, whereas the G920 is made for Xbox and PC.
    ACR Driver Profile - ActrollVision.com
    My Mixer channel - Mixer.com/TekNeil
    92 Vw Corrado G60 - CorradoG60.co.uk

I7-6700K @ 4.4Ghz / MSI GTX 1080 @2025 Core, +600 Mem / 16GB Ram @ 2800MHz / HTC Vive

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks for the replies, I'm guessing it is the drive hub causing it, I just hoped that there were a few on here that used it with the g29 and if so, what were their experiences...

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnieshere View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I'm guessing it is the drive hub causing it, I just hoped that there were a few on here that used it with the g29 and if so, what were their experiences...
    I cannot help you exactly with your wheel problem as I run Fanatec stuff. I do use a Drivehub when I want to use my V2.5 on PS4 and it works very good and all FFB is correct.

With that being said, its been noted many times that the FFB (not just Pcars) because of the Xbox itself (I cannot explain why) Is just not as good as PC or PS4.

For example, if you take a wheel that is compatible for both consoles and PC and played the same game. It will feel worse on the Xbox and the PS4 will be close to the PC level.

Lastly, I would go to Cronusmax's forum and post you concern there. They have a good tech forum and your answer may have already been answered possibly, it may just be a setting on the drivehub that is not right or something.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I had a standard PS4 and upgraded to the One X , I bought a drivehub so my T300 would work and I donít notice any difference between platforms . The Ffb is the same from my experience if not better on the OneX through the drivehub , make sure you have a decent micro usb as not all of them are equal as some carry data better than others I believe .

Edit just to say that this is just my opinion and obviously Juiced46 above feels differently but I have switched between platforms and canít say I find it worse .
    Last edited by Cholton82; 22-06-2018 at 17:08.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Cheers guys I will try the cronusmax forums and then try new cables