Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Trial Aaargh

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

Time Trial Aaargh

I spend almost all the time driving time trial.
    I always choose the formula rookie because I want to try to learn the tracks with one car (that I know) and put in a as fast time on the leaderboards (on xbox one) as I can.
    The problem I am having is that it is formula rookie and that it is pretty far on the leaderboard.
    I have the second or third place on the leaderboard on the Algarve (128th).
    So I wanted to check it for myself but boy oh boy.
    I have waited over 1 hour to get to the 100th place (and this was not loaded wholly).
    But I would have needed at least another half an hour to see my time and those competitors I am fighting with.
    This renders time trial almost obsolete for those drivers that are farther away on the leaderboard or who drive with slower cars in the class.
    Can there be nothing done to make this better?
    What are the developers take on it, even if they are hampered by Microsoft there has to be a way they can make this better?
    What else is the meaning of time trial if you cannot compare your times against competitors.
    Are the developers aware of the issue and are they trying to resolve it?
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, JasonSandwich, Kembro45, Relayer, Y22 Rydr

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The answer has always been no, nothing can be done as regards the restriction on number of divisions so car per track as PC drivers have is not possible.

I check PC boards and if I want a first place tt on console I pick the top car.

I think it would be better to balance the groups by bop not type of car.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: chastewand

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    But I don't necessarily want more divisions.
    I want to see where my time stands in comparison to my competitors on the console.
    And this in a reasonable time (not having to wait more then an hour).
    I never had this problem on project cars and then the restrictions were already in place I guess.
    Couldn't they for example seperate the time and downloading for ghosts.
    That for example you can see your time fast against your competitors but you have to wait longer to download the ghost.
    Don't any of you that do time trial have problems with this?
    The following user likes this Post: Relayer

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I have a huge problem with this, and it has unfortunately taken away a lot of the fun with TT, for me. But it doesn't seem possible to improve. I still don't understand why we can't filter the leaderboard locally, for example a certain car. On the other hand, there's a lot I don't understand
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 54, Xbox One X since Aug -18, 24" 1080 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    The following user likes this Post: Bliman

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    It's a major frustrating and why I rarely bother with that mode for the same reasons you are stating. My only use for it is comparing with friends that I race with.

Like Zask says the PC leaderboards at least allow you to get a comparison with those guys but a simple filter or find me option would at least help.
    2018 Indycar League on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018
    Vintage F1 on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...1-championship
    Xbox One X, TM Ferrari Italia 458 TX, Xrocker Gaming Chair, Samsung 30" TV, RsDash.
    The following user likes this Post: oldmodelt

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    It's a major frustrating and why I rarely bother with that mode for the same reasons you are stating. My only use for it is comparing with friends that I race with.

Like Zask says the PC leaderboards at least allow you to get a comparison with those guys but a simple filter or find me option would at least help.
    2018 Indycar League on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018
    Vintage F1 on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...1-championship
    Xbox One X, TM Ferrari Italia 458 TX, Xrocker Gaming Chair, Samsung 30" TV, RsDash.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    It is so annoying.
    Almost completely useless feature on console.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat
    The following 2 users likes this Post: davidt33, Redna1L

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I hope they are still looking to make this feature work much better.
    Can someone say they are trying to make it better, I mean with how long it takes to see where you are on the list against others?
    I love this mode because it is great to learn the car and also track but still have competition against real competitors on the same console.
    I am improving on the leaderboard but sadly I cannot see if I have taken first place against others in the same car (formula rookie).
    I love Project Cars2 and this mode but not seeing where you are against competitors is taking a whole lot away why I do Time trials.
    It is the only sort of multiplayer that I do.
    The following user likes this Post: Relayer

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    We can filter online lobbies so i just do not understand why we cannot filter the leaderboard. I would even accept another sort of time trial in the menu where the leaderboard is automatically filtered to your car or even the car class directly when the time trial is launched.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Platform
    PC
    Wait: do you mean that, on consoles, you don't have the ability to filter by vehicle the time trial timetables?
    Because on PC that's just a one-click thing.
    "I was playing pCARS on PC before it was mainstream" - cit.

MB: Asus Strix Z270F Gaming
    CPU: i5-7600K @4.63GHz
    RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance LED 2666mhz
    GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Gaming A8G
    HD: Corsair MP500 240Gb M.2 PCIe + Crucial MX300 1Tb M.2 SATA
    Audio: Onboard Realtech sound chip + Sennheiser headphones / stereo speakers
    Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 w/ P1 Elite rim + Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 + Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ + Playseat racing seat
    Monitor: Asus PA 238Q - 23" 1920x1080 P-IPS
    VR: Oculus Rift CV1 + Oculus Touch Controllers
    Case & PSU: NZXT H440 V.2, Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate, Corsair RM850i
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N, nVidia WHQL Drivers 388.31
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich