Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Time Trial Aaargh

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I've still not seen an answer as to why we cannot simply have the option to go to those times around your own time, that would make it better. Maybe i've missed it and that has been answered but I can't find it anywhere.
    2018 Indycar League on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018
    Vintage F1 on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...1-championship
    Xbox One X, TM Ferrari Italia 458 TX, Xrocker Gaming Chair, Samsung 30" TV, RsDash.
    The following user likes this Post: Trudd

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    A filter on lap records in the same car as you drive would be nice aswell.
    And when loading ie. A multiplayer session, is shows the fastes time ever. And the fastes time in your friend list.

But thats not in the same car/class. (It like compairing your GT3 time with an LMP1...)
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    What kind of filters did PCARS 1 have on consoles? I'm not aware of any.

Would you really prefer to significantly limit the amount of tracks in TT like Codies did? Grid Autosport only had 78 cars while PCARS 2 has more than 200.
    I can't see what's so great about only being able to run TT mode on very few tracks in your/my favourite car.

PCars1, when we choose a time Trial we can see the times per classe:
    - Stock Car
    - Road
    - Open Wheel
    - GT
    - Prototype
    - Touring
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS ‎2018-‎07-‎04 20-29-05.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	257264
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS ‎2018-‎07-‎04 20-30-30.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	257265

As you can see there are filters... although they are not perfect...but they are something...
    And this "something" it's what we don't have in PCARS2 (or maybe I'm not seeing them)

I hope you/SMS understand that we are not complaining just because we want to complain.
    We understand the limitations on consoles...

What we are asking is an effort to have some kind of filtering. Without it, you will see just F50, CLK LM on the top of leaderboards.
    Last edited by Exup; 04-07-2018 at 18:51.
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Exup View Post
    PCars1, when we choose a time Trial we can see the times per classe:
    - Stock Car
    - Road
    - Open Wheel
    - GT
    - Prototype
    - Touring

As you can see there are filters... although they are not perfect...but they are something...
    And this "something" it's what we don't have in PCARS2 (or maybe I'm not seeing them)

I hope you/SMS understand that we are not complaining just because we want to complain.
    We understand the limitations on consoles...

What we are asking is an effort to have some kind of filtering. Without it, you will see just F50, CLK LM on the top of leaderboards.
    Those aren't filters, at least not in the way you think they are.
    It's exactly the same system like PCARS 2 has. In the first game there were only those few classes that's why the cars could be grouped this way.
    PCARS 2 has 28 classes IIRC which is too much with the leaderboard limitations the devs have to work with. That's why the cars are grouped in racing disciplines now (GT, Open Wheeler, Prototypes, Rallycross, etc.). It's exactly the same system just with a different grouping.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    But it had the Find Me option... why is that not possible now as it would at least bring you to the cars around your time.
    2018 Indycar League on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018
    Vintage F1 on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...1-championship
    Xbox One X, TM Ferrari Italia 458 TX, Xrocker Gaming Chair, Samsung 30" TV, RsDash.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    But the question that Hammerpgh posed still remains. Why can we not have an option like the one in the pictures posted from PC1, "X Find Me". Instead of having to scroll through numerous pages (that times out after 3 or 4) just to get to your own time, and by extension be able to easier find a competitor close to your time to add as a ghost. It's not a class filter we ask for here.

*warning! speculation time, feel free to ignore*

Though I still don't understand why a working filter wouldn't be possible as well? Yes Microsoft/Sony restricts the number of tables. But you don't need to have that many tables for it to work. You should be able to have one database built into the game with a "car" and "class" table connected. This is then not uploaded in the cloud so it should not count towards the limit? Then you should be able to just list the car, and the game can lookup the car in the built-in database and create a column with the class matching the car. That would leave 10 columns counting towards the limit (unless Rank and Time diff. are calculated "on the fly", then only 8).

I'm sure SMS have smarter people than I, so I suppose it's not possible. I only know that I have an excel document with basically exactly this structure, ie one tab with car and class, one with the actual time trial columns where I enter just the car model and get the class "for free".

I also don't understand why you would need many different leader boards? Why not one global database with the current columns (around 10 then) that is filtered based on track? Large database, few tables. Again just as I have myself. I don't have a separate tab for all the tracks. Just one time trial tab that I can easily filter based of track, car, class, driver etc. Or is the Microsoft's limit not just the number of tables allowed, but also the size of them?

* end of speculation/rant! *
    Last edited by Trudd; 04-07-2018 at 20:09.
    Thrustmaster TX 599XX Evo 30 [Firmware V53] + T3PA Pedals (brake and throttle mods) || FOV (5): 80 (correct ~40) [130cm to 42" screen] | World Movement (20): 80 | FFB Base: Ford GT LM GTE
    Patch 6.0 FFB -> Flavour: Raw | Gain (10): 65 | Volume (5): 40 | Tone (10): 55 | FX (10): 20 || Steering Sens (5): 65 | Throttle Sens (5): 35 | Brake Sens (5): 25 | Speed Sens (5): 5
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Bliman, Hammerpgh, Maskmagog

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Those aren't filters, at least not in the way you think they are.
    It's exactly the same system like PCARS 2 has. In the first game there were only those few classes that's why the cars could be grouped this way.
    PCARS 2 has 28 classes IIRC which is too much with the leaderboard limitations the devs have to work with. That's why the cars are grouped in racing disciplines now (GT, Open Wheeler, Prototypes, Rallycross, etc.). It's exactly the same system just with a different grouping.
    I'm sorry, but I don't agree that is the same system.
    Here (in PCARS1) you can (before you select car and track to run) see the times for your "classe" and when you're choosing the car (and according to the classe it belongs), you will see just your classe times, and also as referred by other persons, you are able to isolate your time with your friends etc...(with the X button)

I understand the 28 Classes and +200 cars... but at this moment you can do nothing in PCARS2... only after you choose your car and track, some times appear and that's all.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Limitations are never satisfactory.
    I like this quote. Also, I agree.
    Xbox One X with public OS release - Thrustmaster TX with T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer (pc2rando.jasonsandwich.com) (thread)