Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time Trial Aaargh

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    It's a major frustrating and why I rarely bother with that mode for the same reasons you are stating. My only use for it is comparing with friends that I race with.

Like Zask says the PC leaderboards at least allow you to get a comparison with those guys but a simple filter or find me option would at least help.
    Ditto.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Platform
    PC
    The number of tables is based on the number made available by microsoft & sony and SMS have to work within that number

The issue has been discussed at length both with Pcars 1 & Pcars 2
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ
    The following 2 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco Ferrari View Post
    Wait: do you mean that, on consoles, you don't have the ability to filter by vehicle the time trial timetables?
    Because on PC that's just a one-click thing.
    Correct, we can't filter on consoles.

We also can't filter granularly on class. GT3 leaderboards are on the same list as GTE, vintage, etc.
    Last edited by JasonSandwich; 25-06-2018 at 20:22.
    Xbox One X with public OS - Thrustmaster TX with T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer (pc2rando.jasonsandwich.com) (thread)
    The following 3 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, Franco Ferrari, oldmodelt

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I don't necessarily want divisions etc...
    But at least give me the option to see my time against my competitors in a reasonable time (in a couple of minutes).
    That's the point that I am making.
    For now the time trial is useful if you are one of the fastest drivers and driving only in the cars at the top of the leaderboard.
    Otherwise you can wait from a couple of minutes to a couple of hours.
    Plus you always have the risk that you have been patient and waited more then an hour and suddenly on the next page there comes "cannot connect to the dashboard".
    I still hope that the developers are looking to improve this feature but the fact that there are no developers (don't blame them , maybe it is not their job to respond here) or someone in the know comes here to say if they are working on it, that doesn't instill me with great confidence that they are trying to resolve it.
    It is a great pity because I like time trial and it seems I never had so great problems with it on Project Cars1.
    Also why it is not the same to look at the pc leaderboard is that you never will see your name appear and you also never have the ability to load the ghost.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, JasonSandwich

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliman View Post
    I don't necessarily want divisions etc...
    But at least give me the option to see my time against my competitors in a reasonable time (in a couple of minutes).
    That's the point that I am making.
    For now the time trial is useful if you are one of the fastest drivers and driving only in the cars at the top of the leaderboard.
    Otherwise you can wait from a couple of minutes to a couple of hours.
    Plus you always have the risk that you have been patient and waited more then an hour and suddenly on the next page there comes "cannot connect to the dashboard".
    I still hope that the developers are looking to improve this feature but the fact that there are no developers (don't blame them , maybe it is not their job to respond here) or someone in the know comes here to say if they are working on it, that doesn't instill me with great confidence that they are trying to resolve it.
    It is a great pity because I like time trial and it seems I never had so great problems with it on Project Cars1.
    Also why it is not the same to look at the pc leaderboard is that you never will see your name appear and you also never have the ability to load the ghost.
    I think we also need an in-class leaderboard so you can see your competitors.As if you drive a GT4 car their s little data as even though many people may have done a TT in a GT4 if they have driven any of GT1,GTE,GT3,GTO,Group 5 etc. and set a quicker time than their GT4 one their GT4 lap does to go up-limiting the comparisons massively.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, Bliman, JasonSandwich, Redna1L

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco Ferrari View Post
    Wait: do you mean that, on consoles, you don't have the ability to filter by vehicle the time trial timetables?
    Because on PC that's just a one-click thing.
    Not on console. I recently ran *almost* a WR time according to the PC database in a particular car/track, which I was kinda proud of. On the leaderboard, I am at about 850, because it is filled with all sorts of other classes of cars that are 15-20 seconds per lap faster. No way to filter that. No way to see the results for the car, not even just for the vehicles in the same class.

If you want to know where you stand, you need to spend first 20 minutes scrolling through the screens one at a time to get to your position 850th in the list. Then, you need to manually scroll up/down looking for other cars and times that may be better than you. And simply take note. What an absolute waste of such a great feature.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Bliman, Hammerpgh, JasonSandwich, Just Another Frog, Kembro45, Maskmagog, oldmodelt

Platform
    PC
    Well... This su*ks.
    "I was playing pCARS on PC before it was mainstream" - cit.

MB: Asus Strix Z270F Gaming
    CPU: i5-7600K @4.63GHz
    RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance LED 2666mhz
    GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Gaming A8G
    HD: Corsair MP500 240Gb M.2 PCIe + Crucial MX300 1Tb M.2 SATA
    Audio: Onboard Realtech sound chip + Sennheiser headphones / stereo speakers
    Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 w/ P1 Elite rim + Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 + Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ + Playseat racing seat
    Monitor: Asus PA 238Q - 23" 1920x1080 P-IPS
    VR: Oculus Rift CV1 + Oculus Touch Controllers
    Case & PSU: NZXT H440 V.2, Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate, Corsair RM850i
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N, nVidia WHQL Drivers 388.31
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, JasonSandwich, oldmodelt

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    The number of tables is based on the number made available by microsoft & sony and SMS have to work within that number

You're right...but on PCars 1 we had some filters that we could use...and on PCars 2 we have NO Filters at all... so, the "tables" excuse given by SMS, doesn't work here :-(
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post

Hey bud.. good to hear from you

So was that number different for pCars 1 because we never had near the same issues back then. It's just crazy that such a well used feature as TT is made pretty much pointless in pCars2 :/ There must be ways to make it better because right now it's about as bad as it could possibly be.
    2018 Indycar League on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018
    Vintage F1 on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...1-championship
    Xbox One X, TM Ferrari Italia 458 TX, Xrocker Gaming Chair, Samsung 30" TV, RsDash.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Exup View Post
    You're right...but on PCars 1 we had some filters that we could use...and on PCars 2 we have NO Filters at all... so, the "tables" excuse given by SMS, doesn't work here :-(
    PCARS 1 had less content, that's why the devs could add per class leaderboards to consoles without exceeding the max allowed number of boards. This isn't possible for PCARS 2 because there are so many more classes and more track layouts.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich