Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time Trial Aaargh

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    PCARS 1 had less content, that's why the devs could add per class leaderboards to consoles without exceeding the max allowed number of boards. This isn't possible for PCARS 2 because there are so many more classes and more track layouts.
    But surely the option to go directly to your own time is possible? This at least would make it easier to find direct comparisons to your own time without having to sift through pages of irrelevant times.
    2018 Indycar League on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018
    Vintage F1 on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...1-championship
    Xbox One X, TM Ferrari Italia 458 TX, Xrocker Gaming Chair, Samsung 30" TV, RsDash.
    The following user likes this Post: Atak Kat

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Exup View Post
    You're right...but on PCars 1 we had some filters that we could use...and on PCars 2 we have NO Filters at all... so, the "tables" excuse given by SMS, doesn't work here :-(
    sorry I did not appreciate this as my time on xbox Pcars 2 was very limited due to the FFB issues - apologies if I misled

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    Hey bud.. good to hear from you

So was that number different for pCars 1 because we never had near the same issues back then. It's just crazy that such a well used feature as TT is made pretty much pointless in pCars2 :/ There must be ways to make it better because right now it's about as bad as it could possibly be.
    Hammerpgh yes still around and keep seeing you on the Console Racing forum and noticed you had popped up on PC2Tuner. I hadn't appreciated the change in TT boards and if its less filtering than Pcasr 1 that is a real kick to console users and renders TT table almost useless

Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    PCARS 1 had less content, that's why the devs could add per class leaderboards to consoles without exceeding the max allowed number of boards. This isn't possible for PCARS 2 because there are so many more classes and more track layouts.
    Thats a shame adding more cars/tracks combos reduces functionality - giveth with one taketh with another

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    But surely the option to go directly to your own time is possible? This at least would make it easier to find direct comparisons to your own time without having to sift through pages of irrelevant times.
    I thought you could do this under Pcars 1 (but its a long time ago and I may be fuddled now on PC) but not being able to find your own time would be a major omission
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Platform
    PS4
    Just discovered this issue myself. Very very disappointing indeed. So basically there's only one car out there that's good for time trial. If my time was filtered to my particular car (FA) then I would have been like 5th, but the leaderboard is full of FX's and I'm much further behind. Surely there must be some sort of coding wizardry that could be done? It's software after all, in theory we should just be able to imagine it for it to be possible.
    "Sometimes you manage a lap you don't even believe, a lap driven by pure adrenaline, determination and concentration. To get the perfect lap, that's what it's about."

PSN: bioracer2
    Clean racing

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by bjosim View Post
    Just discovered this issue myself. Very very disappointing indeed. So basically there's only one car out there that's good for time trial. If my time was filtered to my particular car (FA) then I would have been like 5th, but the leaderboard is full of FX's and I'm much further behind. Surely there must be some sort of coding wizardry that could be done? It's software after all, in theory we should just be able to imagine it for it to be possible.
    According to the moderator, it would be impossible in PCars 2... due to the excess of cars and classes.... it's a nice excuse for not making an effort on the consoles and blaming Microsoft (or Sony).
    Of course it would be necessary to spend extra time (money) in order to code something in order to mitigate the console limitations.
    Even with the table limitations (which I believe It may be true), you can always divide the amount of cars in less tables...it would be better than nothing.
    Like Road Cars, Formula Cars, Vintage and new Cars... it wouldn't be perfect...but it would be something.
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    It is not an excuse, it is the truth, there are limitations on the leaderboards allowed per game in the consoles. It's not only a problem of SMS, also Codemasters had the same issue in Grid Autosport, even though this game had a lot less cars and tracks, it still did not have leaderboards for all of them.

The way they "solved" the problem, was to allow Time Trial only for a few specific tracks layouts for each car class. So for example you could do TT only in 7-8 different track layouts for the cars in the touring class, and of course there were no separate leaderboards for each car of the class at all.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: JasonSandwich, Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    It is not an excuse, it is the truth, there are limitations on the leaderboards allowed per game in the consoles. It's not only a problem of SMS, also Codemasters had the same issue in Grid Autosport, even though this game had a lot less cars and tracks, it still did not have leaderboards for all of them.

The way they "solved" the problem, was to allow Time Trial only for a few specific tracks layouts for each car class. So for example you could do TT only in 7-8 different track layouts for the cars in the touring class, and of course there were no separate leaderboards for each car of the class at all.
    From my point of view it's always an excuse when you don't make an effort... as stated before, PCars1 had some filters... so...following this fact, and taking in consideration the limitation of tables and the "excess" of cars and tracks in PCars2, what I would expect would be a Time trial with some kind of leaderboards with understandable limitations. that would be reasonable workaround.
    As you wrote, Grid had similar problems...and they created an workaround (not perfect...but they TRIED).
    My complain is that SMS didn't try to make an effort.
    I truly accept limitations, but I can not accept the lack of effort.
    I someone (from the developers) comes here and explain that they did make an effort and but unfortunately they can do NOTHING to IMPROVE (that's the main focus here), then I would accept it.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Exup View Post
    From my point of view it's always an excuse when you don't make an effort... as stated before, PCars1 had some filters... so...following this fact, and taking in consideration the limitation of tables and the "excess" of cars and tracks in PCars2, what I would expect would be a Time trial with some kind of leaderboards with understandable limitations. that would be reasonable workaround.
    As you wrote, Grid had similar problems...and they created an workaround (not perfect...but they TRIED).
    My complain is that SMS didn't try to make an effort.
    I truly accept limitations, but I can not accept the lack of effort.
    I someone (from the developers) comes here and explain that they did make an effort and but unfortunately they can do NOTHING to IMPROVE (that's the main focus here), then I would accept it.
    What kind of filters did PCARS 1 have on consoles? I'm not aware of any.

Would you really prefer to significantly limit the amount of tracks in TT like Codies did? Grid Autosport only had 78 cars while PCARS 2 has more than 200.
    I can't see what's so great about only being able to run TT mode on very few tracks in your/my favourite car.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    What I don't get, is that this limitation was known before Project Cars 2 was developed.
    What I like to know is, how do the developers thought it should work on the Xbox One?
    In other words does it work to their satisfaction?
    It isn't only the limitation of filtering but it is also about the very slow loading of the avatars that are necessary to go to the next page.
    Now you sometimes have to wait for more then an hour (place 128 I was then) to get to your time, and every page (altough you loaded the avatars) you have to fear that the message "cannot sync to the leaderboard" comes and that can mean your hour of waiting resulted in nothing.
    It is a good feature if you are one of the fastest drivers driving the fastest cars in the group so that you are presented in the first couple of pages.
    There must be some things that can be done about this Time Trial especially if it is both Xbox One and PS4 owners that are suffering from it.
    You can always go to the PC leaderboard but part of the fun of the leaderboard is seeing your name on the leaderboard, downloading the ghost to improve yourself and fighting with people on the same console with the same limitations and physics and such.
    Offcourse I can only point this out and hopefully it gets picked up.

Platform
    PC
    Limitations are never satisfactory.

That long loading time issue has already been reported to the devs btw.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Maybe just give the main tracks and not the variations (4 different versions of Azure Coast and such).
    What is certain that there must come some solution.
    Otherwise Time Trial is death in the water.
    Unless some who drive with the less faster cars of the group (formula rookie,etc...) have a better experience with Time Trial.
    If they do then I would like to hear it.
    If everyone is having the same problem that I am having with Time Trial, then yeah maybe something should be done.
    Look maybe we have to accept that the Consoles have limitations but that means that some corners have to be cut.
    Imagine if the PC had 64 cars on track and the best computers could handle it, you then ported it to consoles and you kept the same 64 cars on track and the game would only have 10fps and lots of stuttering.
    Then it also would be obvious to me to limit the amount of cars because the console has limitations instead of saying, do you only want to drive against lets say 9 competitors instead of driving against 63 cars, what's great about that.