Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unplayable online due to freezing

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Unplayable online due to freezing

Hi All,

Ive been playing online for a few months now and the first month or so was generally fine other than the odd session disconnect mid way through a race.

But now, maybe since the last update, every online race i do is ruined by constant lag/stutter every time someone joins the lobby. It doesnt seem to affect anyone else on track and just me. Just had to quit another session after probably ruining the race for a few other people because of lag.

In qualiy on my hot lap someone joins the session and my whole game freezes (apart from the clock) for maybe 3-4 seconds and then i can carry on, of course 3 seconds off the pace. This happens every time someone joins.

In the race its even worse due to more cars in the same proximity. I lag then 3 seconds later it stops and im upside down presumably having taken someone off with me.

Its not my internet connection, when i join a lobby the connection symbol (i assume thats what it is) is always full green. I play online games such bf1 and fortnite with no connection problems so i can only think its the pc2.

Is anyone else having this problem?
    Last edited by mavz9; 23-06-2018 at 13:26.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by mavz9 View Post
    Hi All,

Ive been playing online for a few months now and the first month or so was generally fine other than the odd session disconnect mid way through a race.

But now, maybe since the last update, every online race i do is ruined by constant lag/stutter every time someone joins the lobby. It doesnt seem to affect anyone else on track and just me. Just had to quit another session after probably ruining the race for a few other people because of lag.

In qualiy on my hot lap someone joins the session and my whole game freezes (apart from the clock) for maybe 3-4 seconds and then i can carry on, of course 3 seconds off the pace. This happens every time someone joins.

In the race its even worse due to more cars in the same proximity. I lag then 3 seconds later it stops and im upside down presumably having taken someone off with me.

Its not my internet connection, when i join a lobby the connection symbol (i assume thats what it is) is always full green. I play online games such bf1 and fortnite with no connection problems so i can only think its the pc2.

Is anyone else having this problem?
    As much as you probably do not want to hear it, it is most likely your internet connection. It has more to do with than just a green bar.

Do you have an open NAT?

Are you running a static IP?

Are you on an IPv4 or IPv6 connection? If IPv6. Disable it and run IPv4 and let us know how it is.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    As much as you probably do not want to hear it, it is most likely your internet connection. It has more to do with than just a green bar.

Do you have an open NAT?

Are you on an IPv4 or IPv6 connection? If IPv6. Disable it and run IPv4 and let us know how it is.
    I have an Open NAT

Im not running a static IP, but that shouldnt be a problem, never has been before for online gaming.

I have an open NAT

It says IPv4 & IPv6, not sure if thats the issue.

My connection is generally about 40mb down and 16mb up, with a 16ms ping.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Will try and figure out how to disable IPv6 and try again.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Do you have an open NAT?

Looks like i cant disable IPv6.

Ive tried everything else, tried hard wired and wirelss connection, rebooted router and powered xboxone completely off.

Looks like thats it for online racing which is a real shame.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Ipv6 gets disabled on your modem
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Ipv6 gets disabled on your modem
    Yep, I know. My router doesnt allow me to disable it. Its a brand new router (well about 4months old) so they must be pushing the use of IPv6 through it.

I did still have the old router which is IPv4 only which i booted up and connect.

My NAT was open and running through IPv4 but no change.

Like i say it used to be fine, the only thing thats changed is the game with updates. Ive noticed a couple of similar posts with people posting the same issues but not that many, just strange.

Thanks for your replies and suggestions.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Read the last page of this thread and see if that helps you at all.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Stutters/page4

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Due to the complexity of the game compared to something such as Fortnite.PC2 requires a better internet connection than Frotnite does to play even if PC2 has 5 players and Fortnite 100.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post
    Due to the complexity of the game compared to something such as Fortnite.PC2 requires a better internet connection than Frotnite does to play even if PC2 has 5 players and Fortnite 100.
    I understand that, i was just using it as an example that ive never had any problems before.

I have a pretty decent connection. A connection which hasnt changed in 6months, i was able to play online pc2 fine a while ago with no problem, but the last few weeks ive been having problems everytime somone else joins the lobby. The rest of the time its absoloutly fine. Its literally every time someone joins.

Thats why i went to the effort to change the router as the preview comments suggest to change IPv6 to IPv4 i was hopeful that would work but it didnt.