Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Unplayable online due to freezing

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yeah I thought firewall was the issue but turned not to be the case. I have a plusnet hun one router (isp supplied). I need a new router anyway as the range on mine isnt great. I presume the one you have has good range as it has external antennas? How do you find it ? I will go for it if you rate it highly! Edit: Have occasionally noticed the same stuttering when nobody is joining or leaving the room. Really not sure now, i tried adjusting for more stable framerates but still the same. Think i will uninstall then try a fresh install. Jesus, the lengths you have to go to with this bloody game.....
    Last edited by Shoemaker; 24-02-2019 at 10:32.
    Xbox one x, Thrustmaster Tx, Ferrari F1 add on, Ferrari 599XX EVO alacantara add on, T3pa pro pedals, Th8a shifter, Gt omega art cockpit, Samsung 49" Qled tv

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoemaker View Post
    Yeah I thought firewall was the issue but turned not to be the case. I have a plusnet hun one router (isp supplied). I need a new router anyway as the range on mine isnt great. I presume the one you have has good range as it has external antennas? How do you find it ? I will go for it if you rate it highly! Edit: Have occasionally noticed the same stuttering when nobody is joining or leaving the room. Really not sure now, i tried adjusting for more stable framerates but still the same. Think i will uninstall then try a fresh install. Jesus, the lengths you have to go to with this bloody game.....
    I may have asked before but forgot. Do the stutters only happen when playing online? What if you play TT, Custom Race etc?
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    No just stuttering when online racing. Offline seems ok.
    Xbox one x, Thrustmaster Tx, Ferrari F1 add on, Ferrari 599XX EVO alacantara add on, T3pa pro pedals, Th8a shifter, Gt omega art cockpit, Samsung 49" Qled tv

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Is it random or do you get it like me when people join or leave the lobby ?

Edit : just re read your post , Smooth as butter here until people leave or join the lobby.

Rookie
    Sometimes having the same issue, 3-4 second lags everytime another player/spectator joins the server during p/q/r. Solution for me and my normal XOne:

- exit server,
    - exit PCars2,
    - reboot Xbox from the settings menu,
    - start PCars2,
    - join same server and session,
    - fixed and bug is gone.

Tends to come up more often if Xbox or better PCars2 was used longer before in single player mode/career and then joining a server. could also appear after playing 2-3 online sessions.

All other online games/online racing games work fine. But I got issues with online gaming in this sort also sometimes in Forza 7. Suddenly "Network issue: high latency" appears and some or nearly every one of the other players starting to lag, which in most cases means you are lagging. Solution the same, exit server, game, reboot xbox and just start again and everything is fine.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I was having issues and read through the entire thread for answers and i do believe i found them.
    I am running an Xbox One S with mobile internet via Rogers in Canada. The modem is an ISP supplied ZTE MF275R connected via Ethernet (yes it makes the difference).
    My download speeds are 25mbps and upload 10mbps (rounded up) and i ping Xbox at 56. It is IPv4.

I was having problems, as other people were in this tread, with the 4-5 second dropouts and making the game unplayable online.

So the thing that fixed it for me was opening ports on my modem/router.

TCP: 88 and 49000
    UDP: 88, 500, 3544 and 4500
    Both: 53, 3074, 27015 and 27016

Guides are available online to find how to open ports on your router as long as you know what it is.

Most the time now when someone joins the room nothing happens but if it does freeze its pretty minor at milliseconds instead of seconds.

I tried all sorts including adding my own router to the mix but you need to be able to enable bridge mode if you have a modem/router combo, i tried for hours and found it impossible on my model. If you do have a Modem/router combo look it up on google and see if it can be put into bridge mode so that it just acts as a modem and lets your router do its job (otherwise you will get double NAT making online play troublesome at best). Doing that will resolve so many issues as you have way more control over your own gear (including changing to IPv4), I have used Linksys in the past with no issues but most are fine in this day and age.

So first and foremost you need to, either by finding the setting or changing your router, make sure you are running in IPv4. Open ports on your router and you should be good. In the Xbox network settings run ALL tests and make sure it says "Everything is good" and that no message is displayed on the main screen (like Double NAT). Also make sure you have open NAT as strict can be used but may cause issues with finding online games to play.
    I have no idea why the game works for most with just plug and play when others need to tinker to make things work. I guess ISP's have their own little quirks for us to find a walkaround.

I'm aware this thread is old but hopefully this helps anyone who wants to play (We need more players on Xbox lol)

I wish you all luck your your networking woes!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Juiced46, toast

Rookie
    had most of them already but will check the rest

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexiwing View Post
    I was having issues and read through the entire thread for answers and i do believe i found them.
    I am running an Xbox One S with mobile internet via Rogers in Canada. The modem is an ISP supplied ZTE MF275R connected via Ethernet (yes it makes the difference).
    My download speeds are 25mbps and upload 10mbps (rounded up) and i ping Xbox at 56. It is IPv4.

I was having problems, as other people were in this tread, with the 4-5 second dropouts and making the game unplayable online.

So the thing that fixed it for me was opening ports on my modem/router.

TCP: 88 and 49000
    UDP: 88, 500, 3544 and 4500
    Both: 53, 3074, 27015 and 27016

Guides are available online to find how to open ports on your router as long as you know what it is.

Most the time now when someone joins the room nothing happens but if it does freeze its pretty minor at milliseconds instead of seconds.

I tried all sorts including adding my own router to the mix but you need to be able to enable bridge mode if you have a modem/router combo, i tried for hours and found it impossible on my model. If you do have a Modem/router combo look it up on google and see if it can be put into bridge mode so that it just acts as a modem and lets your router do its job (otherwise you will get double NAT making online play troublesome at best). Doing that will resolve so many issues as you have way more control over your own gear (including changing to IPv4), I have used Linksys in the past with no issues but most are fine in this day and age.

So first and foremost you need to, either by finding the setting or changing your router, make sure you are running in IPv4. Open ports on your router and you should be good. In the Xbox network settings run ALL tests and make sure it says "Everything is good" and that no message is displayed on the main screen (like Double NAT). Also make sure you have open NAT as strict can be used but may cause issues with finding online games to play.
    I have no idea why the game works for most with just plug and play when others need to tinker to make things work. I guess ISP's have their own little quirks for us to find a walkaround.

I'm aware this thread is old but hopefully this helps anyone who wants to play (We need more players on Xbox lol)

I wish you all luck your your networking woes!

Great info, this is what I have been trying to explain to people over multiple threads in the past. I am glad you got it figured out. Usually when I try to give help the response I get is "iT shOUld JuSt Work, I shOULdnT hAvE tO dO ANYthInG!!"
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Flexiwing, nissan4ever, Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I'll add this. The Netgear Nighthawk routers with Dumas OS are the best routers for gaming. Period. For me. I bought the xr700 day one it was released. Unbelievable performance & my wifi range for my devices covers my whole home with a very strong signal (Xbox One X connected to it with a gigabyte ethernet cable). I didn't even need to use my range extender no more. My gaming ping is incredible a well. They have 3 models with it. I got the most expensive one. There are 2 lower models. The xr500 & xr300.
    Last edited by nissan4ever; 11-07-2019 at 22:48.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode
    The following user likes this Post: Flexiwing

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yeah I’m having the same issue. First time in a year. Wired connection. Xbox one x. 151 up, 23 down. 13 ping.