Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Unplayable online due to freezing

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    I just want to bring this back up as a new thread popped up about a similar situation another user is having. He is having similar problems with freezing etc, but NOT just in PC2. Like I have been saying, it is most likely a connection issue....

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...(not-just-pC2)
    Hi, I am the owner of that thread. I just want to say it is not connection related. Just switched ISP and still have that problem. Also tried 4 other cellphone hotspots, still have it. Tried on 3 of my friends internet, still have it. My internet connection is 100down 5 upload. It is onviously not internet connection related. Yes it must be something with user end but it is not internet connection related. All my drivers up to date as well, I will try to get a older driver that might help. I just bought a SSD, that might help. When I try that I will give update. (using laptop btw)

Platform
    PC
    Has anyone tried turning off the UDP when in an on-line lobby? Or possibly adjusting the level to 5 instead of 1.

Just a thought, can't hurt to try, and it's not hard to do.
    Shneeb108 (Peter Stefani) i7-8750H 9GB SC / GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 / 16GB DDR4 2666MHz / 250GB 970 EVO M.2 SSD / 1TB 860 EVO SSD / G920-GTEYE / Playseat Evo / Samsung UN48J6300-1080P / FFB- JS Std Mid Comp SoPDiff / RacingSIMTools.com - Member / GTR_Legion - Member

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    My UDP set to off but i will try with on now then will turn it off in an online lobby.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Tried turning it on, nothing changed. I couldn't turn it off in online lobby, there is no option to do so.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by aGift4u View Post
    Hi, I am the owner of that thread. I just want to say it is not connection related. Just switched ISP and still have that problem. Also tried 4 other cellphone hotspots, still have it. Tried on 3 of my friends internet, still have it. My internet connection is 100down 5 upload. It is onviously not internet connection related. Yes it must be something with user end but it is not internet connection related. All my drivers up to date as well, I will try to get a older driver that might help. I just bought a SSD, that might help. When I try that I will give update. (using laptop btw)
    It sure sounds like its network related. You are using a wireless cell phone hotspot to try to play a p2p game? Am I reading that correctly? In your original thread it is even explained why this may be happening. If its happening in multiple games, it is most likely network related. I know you switched ISPs but you are using the same hardware....
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I all, I've had similar problems and changed my UDP from Project Cars 2 to Project Cars 1 and it seemed to have a positive influence.

Happy to help, just PM.

AJD
    Last edited by AJD1984; 03-09-2018 at 03:47.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by ShneebnaMRR108 View Post
    Has anyone tried turning off the UDP when in an on-line lobby? Or possibly adjusting the level to 5 instead of 1.

Just a thought, can't hurt to try, and it's not hard to do.
    I thought the UDP issue was corrected in a previous patch? I could be wrong though....

Quote Originally Posted by AJD1984 View Post
    I all, I've had similar problems and changed my UDP from Project Cars 2 to Project Cars 1 and it seemed to have a positive influence.

Happy to help, just PM.

AJD
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by "seemed to have a positive influence" What were your before and after findings? How many successful races have you had with the UDP change.

Also I am quoting your original post since you edited it. The common denominator here with everyone that is having issues seems to be slow speeds from their provider. You have less then 1mbps UPLOAD, that is pretty bad. That is the only common link I can see at the moment with those of you that have been having problems....... I am no expert by any means, but there is a pattern.....

"Hi All,

I am having problems with multiplayer lag when someone joins a session. I am receiving about a 3-4 second lag deficit and other players just pass me by..

What console? Xbox One S

Wired or Wireless? Wired via Ethernet Cable

What is your providers advertised speeds? More than 10mpbs

What is the ACTUAL speed you see on the Xbox? 15.43mpbs (download) 0.72mpbs (upload)

NAT open? YES

IPv4 or IPv6? IPv4 - Netgear router/modem (IPv6 disabled in Netgear settings).

What is your ping? 31ms

Digital download or disc? Digital Download

What router and modem? Netgear N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router with Ethernet WAN I have an Ethernet cable plugged from the N300 straight into the Xbox

Many thanks in advance."
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Interesting to note that ive been looking into F1 2018 and this game is also plagued by these same issues.

When someone joins or leaves the session there is an incredible amount of lag and feezes. I dont own the game but have watched many videos of decent quality streamers and esports racers and they are having these same issues.

Obviously its a completely different game and different technologies in play, but this highlights it as a major issue in the industry and not just with PC2. To me it also confirms that while the users connection specs might highlight the issue i dont think they are the sole cause of the issue and either the console or the software is the cause.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by mavz9 View Post
    Obviously its a completely different game and different technologies in play, but this highlights it as a major issue in the industry and not just with PC2. To me it also confirms that while the users connection specs might highlight the issue i dont think they are the sole cause of the issue and either the console or the software is the cause.
    It's just how peer-to-peer networking works. Some titles are better at hiding it. Some titles don't have it (i.e. bigger named/first part titles have dedicated servers for their infrastructure to avoid this sort of thing). It's been a thing since racing sims started online play back before 2000 on the PC. Unfortunately, most people got introduced into online racing via some the big players like Forza and Grand Turismo which are first party titles.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I have been having the same issue, the game will freeze for about 2 seconds when someone joins the lobby. I run Forza 7 and Assetto Corsa and have never had this issue. I did a full game re install and turned the UDP off. I ran one online lobby and when people joined there was no freezing. I hope its worked and ill have to run some more online lobbies later to see if its a permanent fix or not.