Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62

Thread: Am I really going to haft to spend another $400 to properly experience this game?

  1. #1
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    13
    Platform
    PC

    Am I really going to haft to spend another $400 to properly experience this game?

    Just to start, I want to say I'm not here to troll or start a argument. Project cars 2 is a truly amazing game, the content is excellent and the balance between sim/fun is perfect. However, it's a true disappointment when you try to jump into a race on the original xbox one and the car is completely undriveable and I don't mean poorly tuned, I mean my thrustmaster TX shakes so bad the car is truly undrivable. I understand the xbox one has it's limits but, SMS knew this going in. There is some negligence when a video game developer releases a title knowing it will never work properly on a certain console. You can place the blame on me all day but, its not my console, my wheel settings, its the game. Want proof? It works excellently with some cars on some tracks. The main solution i've found is to cut the AI down to about 16-18 cars. But even then there are there signs of poor optimization. Why can I run a 18 car, 3 class grid at Sonoma with with the Renault Rs but not the the Cadillac CTS-V? Dose the big cumbersome american really take that much more processing power? Why can't I run the same 18 car grid at Le mans? I don't play online or career, I play the custom race and I spend more time on loading screen than anything because I never know if a car track combo will work. Then I have to try to figure out if its because of the car or track i choose. This bug renders 1/2 of the game's content pointless. S.M.S., I know the team is working hard to improve the game and it is getting better with every patch. But, I hope not alone saying this, by releasing a game like this it really only hurts you all as a company. I bought Project cars 2 on day 1, I won't the next one, I'll wait and let someone else be the gini pig. I would buy the DLC season pass right now if i knew the cars and tracks were playable. I don't expect this game to ever work 100% correctly on the orginal xbox one because now the one x and the original is out dated technology and it's users are suckers for Microsoft's money grab. But, thats sad knowing im going to haft to spend another $400 to buy a console that wasn't even out when this game came out just to play it correctly. I hope to see the day where and 18 car grid is racable on any track in the game. Forza has 24 car grids, Assetto Corsa has 16, i think 18 is realistic goal.
    Last edited by jbeck; 24-06-2018 at 01:42.

  2. #2
    GT4 Pilot nissan4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,079
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The physics on Forza is a joke. The wheel FFB is a joke to. How else do you think Turn 10 can get that locked 60 fps. They couldn't do it if Forza ran PC or AC physics engine. Period.
    Last edited by nissan4ever; 24-06-2018 at 08:44.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode
    The following 5 users likes this Post: AbeWoz, hkraft300, JasonSandwich, Mowzer, panzerboy555


  3. #3
    LMP2 Pilot hkraft300's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    8,029
    Platform
    PS4
    $400?
    Tell him he's dreaming

    Might want to look closer to $4k to "properly experience this game".

    Or get a PS4
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

    What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: leeroy98, Olijke Poffer


  4. #4
    Superkart Pilot Juiced46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    729
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I love these threads.

    Clearly you know the solution to this. But you feel the need to come on here and rant for really no reason only to bash the game, when you claim you are not trolling. Xbox One is 5 years old now. A 5 year old mediocre PC would not be able to play this game to its full potential either. Hardware is always evolving. Its time to upgrade IMO or lower AI to work within the limits of your system.

    I must be a sucker that bought into Microsofts "money grab" then like you said. But damn, I am a really stupid sucker that can play this game and other games in 4K.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

  5. #5
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Merica
    Posts
    7
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    I love these threads.

    Clearly you know the solution to this. But you feel the need to come on here and rant for really no reason only to bash the game, when you claim you are not trolling. Xbox One is 5 years old now. A 5 year old mediocre PC would not be able to play this game to its full potential either. Hardware is always evolving. Its time to upgrade IMO or lower AI to work within the limits of your system.

    I must be a sucker that bought into Microsofts "money grab" then like you said. But damn, I am a really stupid sucker that can play this game and other games in 4K.
    i second this.

  6. #6
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    40
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Just a thought, but I can confirm PC2 plays just fine on a One S, because I did just that prior to upgrading to the X (which I did because I have a 4K TV, otherwise I wouldn’t have).

    The S is very well priced at the moment, perhaps that is an option for you?
    PSN: SeenTheCityPhish
    Xbox: TheNorthFace77
    The following user likes this Post: Mowzer


  7. #7
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    295
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    I love these threads.

    Clearly you know the solution to this. But you feel the need to come on here and rant for really no reason only to bash the game, when you claim you are not trolling. Xbox One is 5 years old now. A 5 year old mediocre PC would not be able to play this game to its full potential either. Hardware is always evolving. Its time to upgrade IMO or lower AI to work within the limits of your system.

    I must be a sucker that bought into Microsofts "money grab" then like you said. But damn, I am a really stupid sucker that can play this game and other games in 4K.
    The thing is, it should not really matter whether the Xbox is 5 years old. A Console is a closed system, so irrespective of the game, the developers know up front what the specs are and should develop a game that runs on those specs. The only real variables you have for the Xbox are whether you have a Kinect and which brand of wheel you have - so that is about 4 different manufacturers and about 9 wheels. So any game (not just PC or PC2) should run with all available options and run it properly. If you have an S or and X then this should provide additional features above and beyond the base game.

    I agree with you that a 5 year old PC would struggle to run the game, but then there are far more variables with a PC and also a game will specify the minimum requirements and a recommended spec. A lot of people play on consoles as everyone (in theory) had the same equipment so no one would get an advantage because they had a slightly faster cpu or graphics card, and they also didn't want to get into the constant cycle of upgrading every time a new game came out.

    Maybe they should now start adding similar requirements to Xbox and PS4 games - minimum and recommended specs, but in any case the game should run on the minimum specs.


    With regard to PC2, I think its about time that they do something to enable the game to run properly on the OG with 31 cars, and if that means they simplify the physics model slightly then that is what they should do - there must be middle ground between the physics of PC1 which will run 31 cars and the physics in PC2 which doesn't.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: coggin66, jbeck, moustace, sas5320


  8. #8
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    142
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Senser View Post
    The thing is, it should not really matter whether the Xbox is 5 years old. A Console is a closed system, so irrespective of the game, the developers know up front what the specs are and should develop a game that runs on those specs. The only real variables you have for the Xbox are whether you have a Kinect and which brand of wheel you have - so that is about 4 different manufacturers and about 9 wheels. So any game (not just PC or PC2) should run with all available options and run it properly. If you have an S or and X then this should provide additional features above and beyond the base game.

    I agree with you that a 5 year old PC would struggle to run the game, but then there are far more variables with a PC and also a game will specify the minimum requirements and a recommended spec. A lot of people play on consoles as everyone (in theory) had the same equipment so no one would get an advantage because they had a slightly faster cpu or graphics card, and they also didn't want to get into the constant cycle of upgrading every time a new game came out.

    Maybe they should now start adding similar requirements to Xbox and PS4 games - minimum and recommended specs, but in any case the game should run on the minimum specs.


    With regard to PC2, I think its about time that they do something to enable the game to run properly on the OG with 31 cars, and if that means they simplify the physics model slightly then that is what they should do - there must be middle ground between the physics of PC1 which will run 31 cars and the physics in PC2 which doesn't.
    I would disagree as I can imagine the code change to be more than simple.

    A slider on the other hand to limit the amount of AI seems like a better middle ground to me.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300


  9. #9
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    295
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSimGirl View Post
    I would disagree as I can imagine the code change to be more than simple.

    A slider on the other hand to limit the amount of AI seems like a better middle ground to me.
    I am sure it isn't going to be a 'simple' matter, I am a developer myself (albeit in a different field) but they need to do something, simplify to physics, introduce menu configurations or sliders, add the ability to reduce the number of AI in career and provide more options and give people a warning to indicate that if you select this option then it may have a detrimental affect on gameplay. Nine months post launch, I am sure the code is as optimized and refactored as it could be, but without any significant change on the OG, so I think they need to look at alternatives.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Ixoye56, TheSimGirl


  10. #10
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    142
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Senser View Post
    I am sure it isn't going to be a 'simple' matter, I am a developer myself (albeit in a different field) but they need to do something, simplify to physics, introduce menu configurations or sliders, add the ability to reduce the number of AI in career and provide more options and give people a warning to indicate that if you select this option then it may have a detrimental affect on gameplay. Nine months post launch, I am sure the code is as optimized and refactored as it could be, but without any significant change on the OG, so I think they need to look at alternatives.
    I should have specified that I only disagree with the physics change. But, I honestly know nothing of code, so if its doable, then I would completely agree.

    I guess I was try to say that a slider would appear to be doable. As I've said in the past, I have never been able to do any single player on the console. That's frustrating to anyone experiencing issues. I can't even run more than 10 for multiplayer. My console is the "s" version.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: grrrillapmp, The_Senser


Similar Threads

  1. Does the game work properly on the OG Xbox yet?
    By grrrillapmp in forum Project CARS 2 on XBOX One
    Replies: 219
    Last Post: 02-03-2018, 16:06
  2. Help me figure out how to spend $2000+
    By Atak Kat in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 26-02-2018, 20:55
  3. You know you spend too much....
    By AbeWoz in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-05-2016, 21:35
  4. The Online Experience in this Game could be better .....
    By ferrhead in forum Project CARS on Xbox One
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 08:26
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-07-2015, 07:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •