Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I really going to haft to spend another $400 to properly experience this game?

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    On OG Xbox I find that PC2 runs fine usually in Custom Event.A slight change in physics but nothing that makes it undriveable,or even requires a change in driving style.
    The following user likes this Post: Juiced46

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Senser View Post
    I am sure it isn't going to be a 'simple' matter, I am a developer myself (albeit in a different field) but they need to do something, simplify to physics, introduce menu configurations or sliders, add the ability to reduce the number of AI in career and provide more options and give people a warning to indicate that if you select this option then it may have a detrimental affect on gameplay. Nine months post launch, I am sure the code is as optimized and refactored as it could be, but without any significant change on the OG, so I think they need to look at alternatives.
    Its definitely not a simple matter to change the physics. As especially in Pcars, the physics system is what is taxing the system so hard compared to other games. The game would need a complete overhaul and I doubt that is in the cards for SMS to do.

The thing is, it should not really matter whether the Xbox is 5 years old. A Console is a closed system, so irrespective of the game, the developers know up front what the specs are and should develop a game that runs on those specs. The only real variables you have for the Xbox are whether you have a Kinect and which brand of wheel you have - so that is about 4 different manufacturers and about 9 wheels. So any game (not just PC or PC2) should run with all available options and run it properly. If you have an S or and X then this should provide additional features above and beyond the base game.

I agree with you that a 5 year old PC would struggle to run the game, but then there are far more variables with a PC and also a game will specify the minimum requirements and a recommended spec. A lot of people play on consoles as everyone (in theory) had the same equipment so no one would get an advantage because they had a slightly faster cpu or graphics card, and they also didn't want to get into the constant cycle of upgrading every time a new game came out.

Maybe they should now start adding similar requirements to Xbox and PS4 games - minimum and recommended specs, but in any case the game should run on the minimum specs.

With regard to PC2, I think its about time that they do something to enable the game to run properly on the OG with 31 cars, and if that means they simplify the physics model slightly then that is what they should do - there must be middle ground between the physics of PC1 which will run 31 cars and the physics in PC2 which doesn't.
    See I disagree with you here. Now, I understand if a game comes out, it should work properly on ALL versions of the system. However, think about it for a second. When you buy a new computer, 5 years later, does it run like it did on Day 1? No, it does not. It slows down, the hard drive gets loaded up with crap etc etc, and the internal hardware may slowly wear down and not be able to output peak performance like it did on Day 1. Same for the console. The console has had 5 years of use, I bet everyone who has problems has HDDs that are full, and the system is just used and tired. Take a $1000 cell phone. 2 years later, it just works like crap. So yes IMO it does matter. You have 5 yr old systems that are just not performing up to par. Is that SMS' fault? IMO, no.

I understand a PC is a different animal and that there are way more variables, but tired equipment is tired equipment. Browse through the boards and look at some similar posts. You have users that installed new power supplies and claim their system is performing better. You have users with OG systems claiming they can run a 32 car field without issue. You have users with wheels on OG systems with no wheel shake. So what makes them lucky that theirs is working fine? I bet their OG console is running better then those that are having issues. Why? Who knows. Maybe those consoles are just tired or just too cluttered and full. Maybe the HDDs are fully maxed out? Maybe the console needs a full clean? Or maybe they are just too old and taxed that they do not have the ability to perform like they did when it was new. Also, another note, it has been proven that POOR internet connectivity will cause NON-multiplayer issues in this game. You do not even have to be in a lobby. You can be playing by yourself in a private/custom and TT race and have poor performance due to internet connectivity.

So, like I said. I disagree and a 5 year old system that has been taxed will have performance issues just like any other piece of electronic equipment out there and over time performance will diminish. Your TV, Projector, Cell phone, PC etc etc etc.

I know its not what people want to hear. But, its the sad truth. If it weren't we all would still be happy playing ATARI and would never have upgraded our consoles
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    These are all valid points, I just don't understand the inconsistencies. If I could 16-18 car grids on every track with any car I would be content and this trend would not exist. It's frustrating when you want to run a certain car/track combo and you can't or the wheel starts to go haywire on you right when a race is heating up. Hack on forza for it's lack of an advanced physics engine but, a Toyota Camry with hot air and cold A/C that works is alot better than a Mercedes S-class with wonkie electronics IMO. No, the Camry is not as nice to drive but at least it gets the job done less stressfully. With this last patch ive noticed a lot of the "handling discrepancies" are gone but the straight line vibration remains. Why can't there just be a slider to adjust "bump steer" ? I feel as if I was having this problem in PCARS 1 one of the 5,000 sliders would fix it. (not that i would know how of course, but surely someone on here would.) That what annoys me, is to me, a consumer, it just seems like one little thing ruins the game.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If your theory were right, all those "rotten" xbox consoles were produced 5 years ago and used for 5 years too. I heavily doubt that. 3 or 2 years old Xbox One consoles should all handle the game flawlessly then. Is it like this?
    Also other games would had been impacted too. I can't remember of only one and I own 50+.
    Edit: Kingdom Come Deliverance had performance issues too when released in February this year. But Warhorse Studios solved those problems in 3 1/2 month. They also managed to fix 300+ major and minor bugs.

Is my 6 months old Xb1X starting to become rotten too because there is very slightly microstutters/tearing sometimes from the first day in PCars2 (what l absolutely can live with)? As proven by video I experienced and still do so obviously a huge discrepancy in car behaviour under same conditions between practice and time trials. Oh wait, it must be my internet connection or my shoddy driving if not the console. But sorry, no problems with my internet and any other game.
    It simply is the adaption from PC to consoles that all had the same basic conditions. The game was made for the Xbox. Not the Xbox for the game. And the game's physics were not simplified enough to ensure a flawless game experience.
    Even some bugs from PCARS1 were imported (for example the AI lap times after skipping to a session's end).
    As well as the oldfashioned p2p mp system made it into PCARS 2. Maybe overhauled but still borked and painful to use.

I know it is not what you want to hear, but it is the truth. You are looking always for reasons outside of the game instead of admitting that the game was overambitioned to be released on the standard Xbox One and that it still isn't fixed satisfactory or usable as meant on the standard XB1.
    If our ancestors were not able to improve their weapons and tools we still would be sitting happily around a fire in front of our caves.
    Last edited by bluesky0870; 25-06-2018 at 02:05.
    GT the same as my username
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Anguiano, Just Another Frog

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky0870 View Post
    If your theory were right, all those "rotten" xbox consoles were produced 5 years ago and used for 5 years too. I heavily doubt that.
    Also other games would be impacted too. I can't remember of only one and I own 50+.
    Is my 6 month old Xb1X starting to become rotten too because there is very slightly microstutters/tearing sometimes from the first day in PCars2 (what l absolutely can live with)? As proven by video I experienced and still do so obviously a huge discrepancy in car behaviour under same conditions between practice and time trials. Oh wait, it must be my internet connection or my shoddy driving. But sorry, no problems with my internet and any other game.
    It simply is the adaption from PC to consoles that all had the same basic conditions. The game was made for the Xbox. Not the Xbox for the game. And the game's physics were not simplified enough to ensure a flawless game experience.
    Even some bugs from PCARS1 were imported (for example the AI lap times after skipping to a session's end).
    As well as the oldfashioned p2p mp system made it into PCARS 2. Maybe overhauled but still borked and painful to use.

I know it is not what you want to hear, but it is the truth. You are looking always for reasons outside of the game instead of admitting that the game was overambitioned to be released on the standard Xbox One and that it still isn't fixed satisfactory or usable as meant on the standard XB1.
    If our ancestors were not able to improve their weapons and tools we still would be sitting happily around a fire in front of our caves.
    I do not know what you have done to try to correct your issues. On my X I experience none of those issues, no tearing, no handling discrepancies, nothing. The fact is the console is a piece of electronics. Over time performance can diminish. If you do not want to believe that so be it. You are telling me a system with a maxxed out HDD that is 5 years old is going to perform the same it did on Day 1? No, no it is not.

Like I said, it has been PROVEN that internet connectivity problems can cause gameplay performance issues even when not in a multiplayer race.

I also tested your theory about TT and Private/Practice/Custom having handling discrepancies in the past and I could not recreate it. Across all game modes with the same conditions I was within tenths comparing lap times between all modes.

It just seems like there are a few people on here that just want to bash the game but take no advice and just complain. If thats how it is going to be, it is what it is.

I am going to go enjoy playing my game now
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    I do not know what you have done to try to correct your issues. On my X I experience none of those issues, no tearing, no handling discrepancies, nothing. The fact is the console is a piece of electronics. Over time performance can diminish. If you do not want to believe that so be it. You are telling me a system with a maxxed out HDD that is 5 years old is going to perform the same it did on Day 1? No, no it is not.

Like I said, it has been PROVEN that internet connectivity problems can cause gameplay performance issues even when not in a multiplayer race.

I also tested your theory about TT and Private/Practice/Custom having handling discrepancies in the past and I could not recreate it. Across all game modes with the same conditions I was within tenths comparing lap times between all modes.

It just seems like there are a few people on here that just want to bash the game but take no advice and just complain. If thats how it is going to be, it is what it is.

I am going to go enjoy playing my game now
    No, if you had read and interpreted it as meant, my point is another. Not all consoles of users with problems can be that much impacted by wear as you want to tell. This wear should cause problems for other games too then as seen in case of jezza.
    Surely a full hdd slows down the system. My internal hdd of the standard One (and so it is on my Xbx too) e.g. was unused except for system data since putting all data to an external hdd that still has 900+ GB of storage left. But it should have influence on every other game then too as much as it has on PCARS in your eyes.
    Last edited by bluesky0870; 25-06-2018 at 02:40.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Buy a gaming PC, when Project Cars 3 is realised the Xbox One X will be in the same situation as the Xbox One is now.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post

Why does it cause problems only in Pcars (1 and 2)?

Because of my connection? When I am able to play every other game online and offline without any problems, for example

Fifa - p2p, 2 players to 4 players in all MP modes or 22 players in Pro Clubs.

Forza 5 6 7 with up to 24 players in a lobby.

World of tanks - more than 20 players per lobby

Bf1 - with huge maps and many players

Or is it more likely that the code of PCARS is not that good enough to prevent the issues the game is having? Why can all other games avoid and go around (what is not possible, I know) my ostensible connectivity problems then?

But fyi again. My ping is fine, my NAT is open, ports are forwarded and opened for Xbox live. Connection is wired LAN.
    Issues are the same with a wheel, a wired Razer Wildcat Pro controller, 2 standard controllers and a Recon Tech edition Controller.
    Console is in energy save mode, not instant on. Router/Modem is capable to handle ipv4 and/or IPv6.
    The game itself l have reinstalled after patch 3 - 6. After patch 6 at least 3 times. Cache cleared 100 times, wheel recalibrated 100 times. Game saves deleted as often as the game reinstalled after patch 6.
    Why did my issue start with release of patch 5? Because of my connection or my rotten hardware?
    Why did others experience some of their problems (that can be caused by their connection regarding your theory) like wheel problems after patch releases and see them fixed also after a patch release? Because SMS fixed their internet connectivity too with the patch?
    The only game that is having (that amount of) mp / online problems is PCars 2 as well as 1 from my experience and please don't try to tell me that my connection is the reason for these when every other game can handle my internet connection.
    Last edited by bluesky0870; 25-06-2018 at 04:59.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    My NAT is open, I get 50mb/s download and 20mb/s upload from my internet, a pin of 10ms, my X is a launch day Scorpio and my 4TB external drive is 50% free and I still get the odd issue when using 31 cars, so the issue is still there even on the X. It isn't as bad as the OG but it is still there.

Platform
    PS4
    You're comparing games that are nothing so taxing on the processor as pcars.
    Pcars1 at release had the ps4 screaming at 99% capacity according to Bell. I honestly didn't expect pcars2 on this gen of consoles.
    Maybe it could be a little better optimised, but how much would you tolerate a downgrade in graphics? Or even a simpler physics model - sms decided to have parity between PC ps4 and xb for physics etc so that won't happen.
    Also users want better and better graphics but consoles have to keep themselves affordable with mediocre hardware.
    So game developers end up between a rock and a hard place.

My NAT is open, I get 50mb/s download and 20mb/s upload from my internet, a pin of 10ms, my X is a launch day Scorpio and my 4TB external drive is 50% free and I still get the odd issue when using 31 cars, so the issue is still there even on the X. It isn't as bad as the OG but it is still there.
    I don't think empty external space will help the xb performance.
    From my experience in PC the main drive the OS is on needs ample space (pretty much empty bar the OS) for best performance. Fill up external drives as much as I like without a performance hit.
    You also have great internet but what the xb OS decides to do in the background is another matter.
    Last edited by hkraft300; 25-06-2018 at 08:47.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?