Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I really going to haft to spend another $400 to properly experience this game?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    You're comparing games that are nothing so taxing on the processor as pcars.
    Pcars1 at release had the ps4 screaming at 99% capacity according to Bell. I honestly didn't expect pcars2 on this gen of consoles.
    Maybe it could be a little better optimised, but how much would you tolerate a downgrade in graphics? Or even a simpler physics model - sms decided to have parity between PC ps4 and xb for physics etc so that won't happen.
    Also users want better and better graphics but consoles have to keep themselves affordable with mediocre hardware.
    So game developers end up between a rock and a hard place.

I don't think empty external space will help the xb performance.
    From my experience in PC the main drive the OS is on needs ample space (pretty much empty bar the OS) for best performance. Fill up external drives as much as I like without a performance hit.
    You also have great internet but what the xb OS decides to do in the background is another matter.
    On my OG and my X, I use an external 4TB drive, all games are installed to the external drive, so the internal drive just hosts the OS and a few of the built in Apps.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Senser View Post
    On my OG and my X, I use an external 4TB drive, all games are installed to the external drive, so the internal drive just hosts the OS and a few of the built in Apps.
    Might help to move pcars2 to the internal drive then?
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    PC2 is on my internal hdd on my XB1X.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/PCars Dash/Crew Chief for Project CARS/Turtle Beach Elite 800X/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR (w/HDR Game Mode)
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Might help to move pcars2 to the internal drive then?
    Already tried that, and there was no difference. It isn't an issue with stuttering, etc.

For me on the X it is a minor issue and inconvenience, namely 31 cars it a few tracks and with specific cars. Avoid those combinations and everything is OK.

The point is the X was described as being "a beast" and yet the beast is still not really up to the task either.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Senser View Post
    The point is the X was described as being "a beast" and yet the beast is still not really up to the task either.
    Well compared to a "beast" PC, the 1X is more like a cute puppy that trips over its own feet
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: leeroy98, The_Senser

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky0870 View Post
    Why does it cause problems only in Pcars (1 and 2)?

Because of my connection? When I am able to play every other game online and offline without any problems, for example

Fifa - p2p, 2 players to 4 players in all MP modes or 22 players in Pro Clubs.

Forza 5 6 7 with up to 24 players in a lobby.

World of tanks - more than 20 players per lobby

Bf1 - with huge maps and many players

Or is it more likely that the code of PCARS is not that good enough to prevent the issues the game is having? Why can all other games avoid and go around (what is not possible, I know) my ostensible connectivity problems then?

But fyi again. My ping is fine, my NAT is open, ports are forwarded and opened for Xbox live. Connection is wired LAN.
    Issues are the same with a wheel, a wired Razer Wildcat Pro controller, 2 standard controllers and a Recon Tech edition Controller.
    Console is in energy save mode, not instant on. Router/Modem is capable to handle ipv4 and/or IPv6.
    The game itself l have reinstalled after patch 3 - 6. After patch 6 at least 3 times. Cache cleared 100 times, wheel recalibrated 100 times. Game saves deleted as often as the game reinstalled after patch 6.
    Why did my issue start with release of patch 5? Because of my connection or my rotten hardware?
    Why did others experience some of their problems (that can be caused by their connection regarding your theory) like wheel problems after patch releases and see them fixed also after a patch release? Because SMS fixed their internet connectivity too with the patch?
    The only game that is having (that amount of) mp / online problems is PCars 2 as well as 1 from my experience and please don't try to tell me that my connection is the reason for these when every other game can handle my internet connection.
    SMH you cannot read. I never said that it was the cause of YOUR problems. It was a general statement that is a proven fact. Goodluck with your game, there clearly is no sense in trying to reason with you.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    Its definitely not a simple matter to change the physics. As especially in Pcars, the physics system is what is taxing the system so hard compared to other games. The game would need a complete overhaul and I doubt that is in the cards for SMS to do.

See I disagree with you here. Now, I understand if a game comes out, it should work properly on ALL versions of the system. However, think about it for a second. When you buy a new computer, 5 years later, does it run like it did on Day 1? No, it does not. It slows down, the hard drive gets loaded up with crap etc etc, and the internal hardware may slowly wear down and not be able to output peak performance like it did on Day 1. Same for the console. The console has had 5 years of use, I bet everyone who has problems has HDDs that are full, and the system is just used and tired. Take a $1000 cell phone. 2 years later, it just works like crap. So yes IMO it does matter. You have 5 yr old systems that are just not performing up to par. Is that SMS' fault? IMO, no.

I understand a PC is a different animal and that there are way more variables, but tired equipment is tired equipment. Browse through the boards and look at some similar posts. You have users that installed new power supplies and claim their system is performing better. You have users with OG systems claiming they can run a 32 car field without issue. You have users with wheels on OG systems with no wheel shake. So what makes them lucky that theirs is working fine? I bet their OG console is running better then those that are having issues. Why? Who knows. Maybe those consoles are just tired or just too cluttered and full. Maybe the HDDs are fully maxed out? Maybe the console needs a full clean? Or maybe they are just too old and taxed that they do not have the ability to perform like they did when it was new. Also, another note, it has been proven that POOR internet connectivity will cause NON-multiplayer issues in this game. You do not even have to be in a lobby. You can be playing by yourself in a private/custom and TT race and have poor performance due to internet connectivity.

So, like I said. I disagree and a 5 year old system that has been taxed will have performance issues just like any other piece of electronic equipment out there and over time performance will diminish. Your TV, Projector, Cell phone, PC etc etc etc.

I know its not what people want to hear. But, its the sad truth. If it weren't we all would still be happy playing ATARI and would never have upgraded our consoles
    You make some good points and I understand where you are coming from, I have seen a few posts about the new power supplies making a difference, but have not read every article on the subject. We may not agree entirely, but that is fine, it would be a boring world if we all agreed on everything. :-)

I am not bashing the game, in fact I love the game (most of the time) and my issues with it are very minor compared to people on the OG. I even bought PC2 for the PC and run it in VR and accept that even with the very latest hardware, I have to turn off some of the eye candy when running VR and it is really impressive in VR, by far the best VR implementation of any of the current Sim Racing Games on the PC, which is understandable since VR was added to most of the others at a later date.

I think that for consoles which are closed systems, developers should develop for the lowest common denominator - get the game running properly on that, and then add extras to the the higher versions. But that is just my opinion, which people are welcome to agree or disagree with.
    Last edited by The_Senser; 25-06-2018 at 14:49.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post

Like I said, it has been PROVEN that internet connectivity problems can cause gameplay performance issues even when not in a multiplayer race.
    Genuinely interested in this, as I have missed that. Where is this stated?
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 53, Xbox One X since Aug -18, Samsung P2350 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Maskmagog View Post
    Genuinely interested in this, as I have missed that. Where is this stated?
    Search for the thread called "Major stutters" the user had an issue with Toredo which was causing massive FPS problems playing alone, not online.

Search "IPv6" and there are a few threads explaining how disabling this solved some users issues connecting to their league lobbies where people could not connect at all or would get dropped out.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****
    The following user likes this Post: The_Senser

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    have to, not haft to
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Juiced46