Thread: Mercedes C63 - strange feeling

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Mercedes C63 - strange feeling

Hi guys.

After a lot of hours tweaking the ffb settings, I ended up with the following:
    T300
    Informative
    Gain 95
    Volume 60
    Tone 15
    Fx 65

It is, for me, wonderful on all cars I usually drive (Huracan GT3, 488 GTE, Group5 M3)

Yesterday I wanted to try drifting on some cars.
    Everything was perfect on Porsche GT3RS, Ford Mustang, Corvette C7, BMW M1.

Then I tried the Mercedes C63 AMG.
    The wheel felt absolutely weird, broken.
    I could not drive straight because of continuous shakes.
    As soon as I turned in, past 20 degrees of rotation, the wheel became immediately weightless.
    It was not possible to drift because as soon as the tail stepped out, there was absolutely zero Mz going to center the front wheels.
    But it was not pleasant to drive normally either.

Did anyone ever experience this?
    I also tried to put ffb to "raw", and also I rebooted PS4, but without any success.

It is very strange to me, because I saw videos of guys drifting in the C63 with the T300...

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If you want more weight in the wheel try an increase in the tone with a reduction in volume as required.

Watch out for clipping with your quite high fx, fx zero is un-boosted.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Thanks for your reply.
    As you saw in the end I followed somehow your setting, with low-tone, but I liked better the "informative" flavor, and quite high fx. Furthermore informative is self-adjusting for clipping.

I'm not so convinced that what I am missing is "wheel weight". As far as I know, low tone means accent on Mz (self-alignment torque), whilst high tone means accent on "Fy laterla load forces).
    When one drifts, the wheel should pull towards the direction of travel, due to Mz. Usually when drifting there is quite low laterla Fy forces going on...
    In fact I feel a strong pull of the wheel when I drift with every car, except the Merc C63. It's like if also the front wheels are sliding, and there is no grip.
    If when I drift I let go off the wheel, it does not automatically countersteer. It remains pretty much where it is.

This is the only car I found so far with this very strange behavior.

I mean, maybe it's the correct behavior of the car (I woudl say "no", but I never drove one of those )....

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Sorry, it has been a few weeks since I used that car so i hesitate to offer more advice.

Regarding higher fx, yes the clipping may be reduced but high fx will can still overwhelm the ffb with fx forces clouding other information.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ