Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An Idea For Upper-Management

Platform
    XBOX1 X

An Idea For Upper-Management

Let me start with this: this post isn't meant to start a war, insist on any entitlement, or be passive-aggressive in any way.

I love the game! It's the only thing I play. I'm primarily a solo player due to time and family constraints which means I love the time trials. The time trials have plenty of problems on the consoles; inability to scroll past a few pages, refine the search, pictures, etc. I'm not here to focus on this because there are dozens of threads about it. Let's keep this positive.

We know that one of the problems is that (on Xbox) Microsoft gives an option of using their system for leader boards which is expensive. That sucks. How much does it cost? Is it a revolving fee or a single time buy in? Would it be possible to develop and somehow adapt the same system the PC users get to the consoles? How about a unified leader board across all platforms?

Here's the kicker and heres's where I don't want to start a war - how about we, the C in C.A.R.S., help finance it? Clearly it wasn't in the original budget or it was too difficult to test. Would it be possible to set up a Kickstarter or Patreon page that could allow the community to help pay for this sort of continued development? We could all benefit - those who don't want to or can't afford to help will get the same benefits as those who did because it would be a change to the whole game.

I got the idea reading Ian's post from 2011. Instead of sharing any revenue, we share developed features. Time = Money

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iansidea.JPG 
Views:	227 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	256825

Setting up a project like this is a lot of work in itself. I've worked in software and databases for a long time and I appreciate what it takes just to have a project plan. I wonder if there was some sort of number, some sort of goal that could be set - and possibly fail miserably - that could give us some idea of if this could work. This finance model could be adapted to other features such as servers for consoles for example.

So SMS management, I post this for your consideration. How do we keep this game on top and make it even more awesome than it is right now? There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Please keep responses positive.
    Xbox One X with public OS release - Thrustmaster TX with T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer (pc2rando.jasonsandwich.com) (thread)
    The following 7 users likes this Post: cpcdem, davidt33, ermo, Hammerpgh, Maskmagog, ShneebnaMRR108, zzjorzz

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    When a thread starts out with a "this post isn't meant to start a war" disclaimer, you can pretty much guarantee that's what it's intended to do.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    @Swass - not one bit. Let's keep this positive.

If something reads trolly, let me know please.
    Last edited by JasonSandwich; 26-06-2018 at 15:02. Reason: update
    Xbox One X with public OS release - Thrustmaster TX with T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer (pc2rando.jasonsandwich.com) (thread)
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Demon340, Konan, Maskmagog, zzjorzz

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I love this idea, very interested in SMS response.
    I'm in the same position timewise, and it would be huge for me if we could assist to improve leaderboards on console.
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 53, XBox One OG, Samsung P2350 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Demon340, JasonSandwich

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Swass View Post
    When a thread starts out with a "this post isn't meant to start a war" disclaimer, you can pretty much guarantee that's what it's intended to do.
    I've never seen Jason trying to pick up a fight here so I don't think that's his intention.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, JasonSandwich, Konan, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If it meant that the other game issues were resolved also I would be prepared to chip in a bit to extend the development time. SMS committed to supporting and developing for the game for a year after release, so if a bit of additional funding to get it where it should be is required, then this is something to consider. Also I guess they could possibly do some more dlc outside the scope of the season pass and fund additional development that way.
    The following user likes this Post: Demon340

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Awesome idea SMS already has my $89.99 contribution.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I'd be happy to put some money in-even if it meant only an improvemnet to in-class leaderboards rather than per car leaderboards.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, JasonSandwich

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I'd be also willing to pay extra to SMS, double and triple the price of the game or more, in order to have such improvements. In my case not for this particular problem (I'm on PC), but for example for fixing multiplayer issues. Same concept with yours, though.
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    @cpcdem - that's precisely my point. Yep, all of us have already purchased the game and I have no doubt that we will all continue to see improvements but there are some things, like online play and leaderboards, that will clearly take more than physics tweaking. It might require SMS hire some outside help. I'd be willing to volunteer some of my own abilities or, easier, help finance continuing development.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem