Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An Idea For Upper-Management

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I think that even if they could possibly develop something like an API or the ability to interact with things and let the community build a leaderboard that worked with consoles, instead of developing one themselves. We can pull lap times from UDP but that requires setup and someone to run something else on their local computer. Maybe the game could make a simple call to a community built API, push a lap/time/car/etc. after each time trial session, then we could dump it in a database and someone with taste for UI could build a unifying leaderboard. This is all assuming Microsoft and Sony would allow something like that.

Or we could possibly start with something really simple; removing the images from the leaderboards and see if that solves at least the page loading issues.

But I don't want to get too far off-topic. This is a strong community and there are plenty of technically-skilled individuals. Just look at all the awesome UDP stuff that people pour their own personal time into. I believe that if given the opportunity and it wasn't against a per-console contract, we could make some pretty awesome stuff.
    Xbox One X with public OS - Thrustmaster TX with T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer (pc2rando.jasonsandwich.com) (thread)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Maskmagog

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah, and let me add that IMHO Project CARS 2 is a very (ridiculously I would say...) underpriced game, for the mindblowingly large amount of content and features it has, just compare its feature set with other sims sold at the same price... Unfortunately the price we're paying for that is that a lot of things do not work properly, so I am also hoping we can "buy" more development time from SMS for further improving this brilliant game, but in a much higher pace. Of course in order for that to work, we'd need to be at least a couple thousand or more people willing to spend that extra money, not sure if this is achievable, but then again, why not? Anybody knows what was the size of WMD/WMD2?

And yes,I also agree that opening up certain parts of the game so that we could step in and implement some of the missing features or fix some of the problems ourselves would be fantastic, but I realize that this is unfortunately extremely difficult to do for various reasons.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Demon340, JasonSandwich, Maskmagog, MaximusN

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for sharing its a great idea.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Demon340, JasonSandwich

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I don't feel like I've gotten an adequate return on the money I've already spent.

No thank you to giving SMS even more.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrillapmp View Post
    I don't feel like I've gotten an adequate return on the money I've already spent.
    No thank you to giving SMS even more.
    That's perfectly understandable and acceptable. As the OP said, "We could all benefit - those who don't want to or can't afford to help will get the same benefits as those who did because it would be a change to the whole game.". Personally I would love to give plenty more money to SMS, but provided some others do the same thing as well and I get some kind of assurance that the problems in the game that mostly affect me (mainly on multiplayer) will get some more attention.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: JasonSandwich, MaximusN

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Well, with some extra effort and some return in the time trial department, it could be a good idea.
    Indeed I'm one of many that complained that there is still work to finish, but if SMS continue launching new stuff and improving...then why not contributing (via a payed add-on for example).
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    OK, I'll say it: Ya'll are out of your @!@*) minds. You want to pay MORE to fix bugs that should never have gone to production in the first place???? We're not talking about some guy working out of his basement on a game that he's gonna share with his buddies. Pay more out of my pocket to hire developers???? I....just....WHAT???
    The following 2 users likes this Post: grrrillapmp, JasonSandwich

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Swass View Post
    OK, I'll say it: Ya'll are out of your @!@*) minds. You want to pay MORE to fix bugs that should never have gone to production in the first place???? We're not talking about some guy working out of his basement on a game that he's gonna share with his buddies. Pay more out of my pocket to hire developers???? I....just....WHAT???
    I do. So much that I would even want you to benefit from my contribution. I realize how polarizing this idea is.

I saw a video yesterday of a not-to-be-mentioned "racing" game in the works that wanted to show off the character customizer, including dance moves and fancy clothes. For some reason, those studios continue to have more capital than these smaller outfits who want to passionately put a game out. I'll admit I'm lucky enough to have the financial resources to buy a video game, a TV, an Xbox, and a steering wheel - a luxury some may never have. I enjoy this as my hobby and want to both help the community grow and help a non-billionaire company do amazing things.

This is just my opinion. Maybe not a popular one but I totally respect yours. Thanks for keeping it civil!
    Xbox One X with public OS - Thrustmaster TX with T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer (pc2rando.jasonsandwich.com) (thread)
    The following 7 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Demon340, ermo, Hammerpgh, Konan, Maskmagog, MaximusN

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Thanks for keeping it civil!
    I bet he had to bite his tongue though...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following user likes this Post: The_Senser

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Swass View Post
    Of course we do not need to all agree on this, but at least in my case, I have played PC2 for around 1000 hours, having payed something like 80 euro think it was for the early full version. We are talking about 0.08 euro per hour so far! I've had so much adrenaline rush so often playing this game, enjoyed my time so much with it, and if I try to compare it with what I would had to pay for similar amount of time for other activities, I am really feeling I am robbing SMS bigtime. And I have not yet used even 20% of the content that is available in this game. So yes, I want to pay a lot more.

Having said that, I am also getting very frustrated very often with the problems that the game has, so this is the reason I want to give the developers more money, so they can put more resources in fixing the problems and also improve the game, put more features etc. I understand that you are probably having more issues than I have with the game, or have less fun with it than I do etc, so I completely understand you if you ant to pay less, not more. But let's agree to disagree on what we want to do.

And another thing, being a software developer myself, so I have an idea on what kind of effort such a enormous project requires, I understand very weel that it is completely impossible for a game like PC2 to be even close to bug free. I am just hoping for a higher rate of fixes than we get now. Also if I had no idea about the game business and somebody told me that I would be developing something of the magnitude of PC2 and that I would be selling it for 60 or 80 euro, I would never take him seriously. But that's how the game industry works, you produce something that provides 100s or 1000s hours of entertainment for the price you'd pay for one single meal at a restaurant in many countries, and the devs have to deal with that, it's their problem, but I don't see why it's bad helping them out...
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Demon340, ermo, Hammerpgh, JasonSandwich, Maskmagog, morpwr