Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nighttigers's Step-by-Step Setup Guide

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Nighttigers's Step-by-Step Setup Guide

Hi fellow racers ,

Today I proudly release my Project Cars 2 step-by-step setup guide made for all drivers. It is a guide that is both in-depth and accessible for drivers of all experiences. The reason I created this guide was because I felt that although there was a load of information on the internet on setting cars up, the information was scattered, difficult to understand, not natural to use and categorized illogical. The goal was to combine easy to understand information with clear instructions, a sensible order in setup changes and make it applicable to Project Cars 2, in which I hope I succeeded. It is an easy step-by-step schedule that will get you going on setting up your car.

This is the first version of this guide and I believe the first one of his kind for Project Cars 2. There will be an added section about Wet Weather setups and LiveTrack 3.0 in the future since these are a very integral part of Project Cars 2. I hope you, as reader, can use this guide to make a racecar behave like you want it to. I remember my first time when I managed to do that and I was ecstatic. Finally I had the knowledge to fix annoying, crippling car balance and I couldn’t stop trying out new cars and taming them! It gave me so much enjoyment. Also thanks to @Puffpirat and @miagi from RevolutionSimRacing.com for adding in bits and reviewing the document! RSR is where I race, be sure to check them out!

Please, enjoy! If you have any questions, remarks or suggestions, please let me know in the thread! There are little sentence mistakes but all will be fixed in the new version!

Click the image to go the the online pdf!

Table of contents: how to use this guide, car behavior, Mechanical balance vs Aero balance, The golden rules of making a setup, 1. the baseline, 2. brake balance and pressure, 3. Brake ducts, 4. Tyre pressures, tyres explained, 5. camber, 6. gearing, 7. Ride Height, 8. ARB & springs, ride height & springs explained, 9. aero, 10. Diff, 11. Toe, 12. Dampers, 13. Bump stops, 14. Qualifying.
    Last edited by Nighttiger; 28-06-2018 at 11:53.
    Intel i5-6600k @ 3.5 GHz - MSI Z170A Gaming - 16 GB corsair ram DDR4 @ 2133 Mhz - MSI Radeon R9 390 8 GB - Samsung EVO 850 512 GB
    Racing with Logitech G27

Platform
    PC
    5/5!

Deserves a sticky in my opinion, but I am slightly biased :P
    Founder Member of RevolutionSimRacing - RSR Website - pCars2 Thread
    Steam: t0daY - YouTube: t0daYtv
    My Pc: Intel i7 2600, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM (2x4GB), Gainward Geforce GTX 760, Kingston SSD 240GB, Windows 10
    My Rig: T300 Racing Base, 599XX EVO Wheel (Alcantara Edition), T3PA Pro Pedals (with Conical Rubber Mod) & TH8A Shifter
    The following 8 users likes this Post: cluck, davidt33, Hujkis, IJOJOI, kobusnell, Konan, Nighttiger, wabi

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    We racers get spoiled. The very helpful video's of Yorkie and now this guide. Thx for creating and sharing.
    And then ofcourse the great FREE community.

First impression of this guide. Easy to read, good content, kudos for mentioning the references used.
    PC: Omen i7-1080ti, OculusCV1, 43" 4K screen and Optoma 1080p beamer
    NextLevelRacing GT Ultimate v2 & V3 motion platform + Fanatec CSL Elite & LC pedals, Fanatec SQ1.5 H shifter

PS4Pro, T300GTE, T3PA, 599xx wheel / F1 rim, TH8A shifter
    The following 5 users likes this Post: cluck, Demon340, Maskmagog, Nighttiger, t0daY

Platform
    PC
    Great beginning guide! Well written and covers the basics in a clear concise way.

Anyone wanting to dive deep I recommend reading the Tune Bible: RCVD
    https://www.amazon.com/Race-Car-Vehi...hicle+dynamics

Or any Carroll Smith book:
    https://www.amazon.com/Tune-Win-scie...ds=tune+to+win

and if you are looking on how to interpret telemetry results :
    https://www.amazon.com/Making-Sense-...squiggly+lines
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bjeronimo, Nighttiger, t0daY

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Nice. Will read through it and learn something for sure.

Do you have any sort of place where you accept donations?
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Nighttiger, t0daY

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by t0daY View Post
    5/5!

Deserves a sticky in my opinion, but I am slightly biased :P

Done deal...

Edit:Good screenshots too...
    Last edited by Konan; 28-06-2018 at 15:11.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cluck, Demon340, t0daY

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post

If you send the money to my paypal account ( Iwontkeepitformyselfhonestly@totallylegit.guv ) then I'll make sure nighttiger receives it

EDIT : In case there is any doubt, whatsoever, do NOT send money to that address, it is of course a poor attempt at humour. But at least I didn't mention coleslaw or s**b in the address, so there is that to be thankful for!
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, hkraft300, Konan, t0daY

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    If you send the money to my paypal account ( Iwontkeepitformyselfhonestly@totallylegit.guv ) then I'll make sure nighttiger receives it

EDIT : In case there is any doubt, whatsoever, do NOT send money to that address, it is of course a poor attempt at humour. But at least I didn't mention coleslaw or s**b in the address, so there is that to be thankful for!
    Why not? I did...
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1523784

(I know...i'm shamelessly linking my own thread but every tip is a usefull one LOL )
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cluck, t0daY

Platform
    PS4
    This seems to be a really good resource. Thanks for taking the time to put together.
    Just had time to take a lil browse through for now but bookmarked for more in-depth reading and soaking in. Cheers.
    PS4. Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and pedals. PSN ID: davidtsmith333
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Nighttiger, t0daY

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post

Glad to hear that you are liking it! Currently I do not have anything set up for donations as it was just something I wanted to share with all drivers and I enjoyed doing it. If you really want to donate I wont stop you haha, you can send me a PM!

Quote Originally Posted by davidt33 View Post
    This seems to be a really good resource. Thanks for taking the time to put together.
    Just had time to take a lil browse through for now but bookmarked for more in-depth reading and soaking in. Cheers.
    No problem, let me know what you think when you read it more in-depth!
    Intel i5-6600k @ 3.5 GHz - MSI Z170A Gaming - 16 GB corsair ram DDR4 @ 2133 Mhz - MSI Radeon R9 390 8 GB - Samsung EVO 850 512 GB
    Racing with Logitech G27
    The following user likes this Post: cluck