Thread: If you controlled Motorsport...

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

If you controlled Motorsport...

If you had complete and utter control over Motorsport,what would you do?

Personally,some of the things I would do would be:

1) Get manufacturers back into LMP1-H by opening up the regulations so you can run simpler hybrid systems,non-hybrids,all electric,hydrogen,more complex hybrids or how the cars are now.
    2) Make LMP2 available to any chassis constructor and engine manufacturer.
    3) Make Formula 1 slightly cheaper and shorten the calendar to 20 races.Remove tracks such as Sochi Autodromo but add new races in.
    4) Simplify the route to Formula 1 to National F4-National F3-F3-F2-F1 with other categories,such as FR2.0,being merged into this format.
    5) Make Formula 3 multi-chassis.
    6) Add a tyre war to Formula 1.
    7) Create the FIA GT3 World Championship and simplifying GT racing to GT4 National-GT4 Continental-GT3 National-GT3 Continental-GT3 World with obvious exceptions for more open series such as VLN.
    8) Return WRX to Lydden Hill for a season finale double header(2 consecutive weekends).
    9) Create national Endurance Series of LMP3/GT3/GT4 or similar.
    10) Use BOP less often.
    The following user likes this Post: Invincible

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    1) I would get rid of the halo
    2) I would get rid of most limitations in F1 other than dictating that they should be open wheel cars of minimally XXX amount of HP and up.
    3) I would mandate that homologation cars should be manufactured for touring car and rally car championships
    4) I would make a rule that touring and rally cars are not allowed to be dissimilar to their road going counterparts, in that they can't be a tube-frame with a simple shell but should be able to succesfully complete any government mandated tests for normal cars including safety tests.
    4) For all car classes I would dictate that they should go through FIA's own crash test procedure and complete these successfully to ensure driver safety. This should be an area to advance in without causing it to limit the technological advancement of other areas of the cars.

I have more ideas but that's just a few I'd do.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following 4 users likes this Post: breyzipp, hkraft300, Invincible, Stewy32

Platform
    PC
    Bring back grid girls
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 TI -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Alienware 34" Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster TSPC-racer - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Corsair Void wireless headset- GT Omega wheelstand - Oculus rift steam - jimortality
    The following 7 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Christiaan van Beilen, EV3RY, FS7, Invincible, rich1e I, zzjorzz

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post
    3) Make Formula 1 slightly cheaper
    6) Add a tyre war to Formula 1.
    How exactly do you bring tyre war back AND make F1 cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    2) I would get rid of most limitations in F1 other than dictating that they should be open wheel cars of minimally XXX amount of HP and up.
    Sounds good in theory but in reality it would probably be way worse than it is right now with the teams with most money dominating even more and an even bigger performance gap between teams than we have right now.

Imo it's pretty difficult to come up with solutions to some of the problems in motorsport (especially F1) but here are some of my suggestions:
    -do research in F1 aerodynamics to make it easier for cars to follow each other closely, maybe allow things such as ground effects & fan cars, maybe active suspension, anything that would help with performance without making overtaking more difficult. Drs is bs imho and ideally cars should be able to overtake each other without artificial stuff like drs.
    -better distribution of money between teams in F1, obviously teams with better results should get better money but right now the way money is split between teams is pretty uneven imo.
    -more emphasis on driver skill and consistency when choosing drivers to compete in F1 as opposed to hiring the driver who offers the most money.
    -more consistent penalties in all motorsports regardless of the driver being in a top team or not.

Platform
    PC
    I'd go all Clarkson and would add firepits and exploding curbstones!

Platform
    PC
    Well I'd start by basically bringing back Can-Am, Group 5 and Group B and then I'd probably get distracted and turn it all into deathrace or something
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Invincible, Stewy32

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    How exactly do you bring tyre war back AND make F1 cheaper?

Sounds good in theory but in reality it would probably be way worse than it is right now with the teams with most money dominating even more and an even bigger performance gap between teams than we have right now.

Imo it's pretty difficult to come up with solutions to some of the problems in motorsport (especially F1) but here are some of my suggestions:
    -do research in F1 aerodynamics to make it easier for cars to follow each other closely, maybe allow things such as ground effects & fan cars, maybe active suspension, anything that would help with performance without making overtaking more difficult. Drs is bs imho and ideally cars should be able to overtake each other without artificial stuff like drs.
    -better distribution of money between teams in F1, obviously teams with better results should get better money but right now the way money is split between teams is pretty uneven imo.
    -more emphasis on driver skill and consistency when choosing drivers to compete in F1 as opposed to hiring the driver who offers the most money.
    -more consistent penalties in all motorsports regardless of the driver being in a top team or not.
    Cost cap on tyres on what Pirelli currently charge them.
    Get rid of halo to save resources and help the environment.
    The following user likes this Post: Invincible

Platform
    PC
    - Unified 3.5L V10 engines for F1, they'd have to be quite reliable as each team only gets 2 of them per season.
    - Less aero. Only 2 sets are allowed (low and high df, each with adjustable wings) new aero kits can't be introduced during the season (development freeze).
    - Ground effect are allowed.

- Lmp1 would have to loose the hybrid stuff but they'd be open on the engine route with a 1200 hp cap. Fuel consumption isn't limited, but the tank size is capped to 120 Liters.

- GT3 cars should be closer to their street variants in terms of power. Yes, Porsche would have to switch to the GT2 car to remain competitive. But currently, most GT3 cars have to be highly restricted compared to their street versions, which tend to be much more powerful.

- Touring cars would have to be homologated with at least 1000 2500 street versions.
    Only difference allowed between race car and street car are:
    Less weight, stripped down interior.
    Body panels cannot be replaced by lighter variants.
    Lighter rims
    De-restricted exhaust and intake manifold
    Everything else has to remain stock
    Divided into two classes:
    4 door saloons with either RWD or FWD (no 4WD)
    2 door coupes (No hatchbacks!) with RWD only.
    Prices of the homologation models are capped at a max of 55.000 $ in their respective domestic market.
    Last edited by Invincible; 02-07-2018 at 06:20.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: Stewy32

Platform
    PC
    get free tickets to any race in the world !
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .