Thread: Setups not saving / cannot save replays etc

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1

Setups not saving / cannot save replays etc

I know this was covered earlier this year, but never had an issues with it then. On the OG XBone btw.

Ever since the LM DLC, every time I save a new set up go for a race or TT (on or offline), the setup I saved gets deleted when I go back into tweak anything (no matter If I overwrite a tune - it ends up defaulting to something from a few weeks back).

Other stupid things like the game forgetting I have all the DLC packs; DLC cars and tracks not showing up. Constantly reminding me that a DLC pack is out. And at minimum 4 dialogues of 'Can't save replay' after a race. Career races not saving results so I'm in a constant limbo of manufacturer drives.

Loved this game since it came out - but this is just infuriating.

Anyone else finding the same?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Yes even before the last update and after the same thing not so much for setups but I can't say replays especially online it'll save replay can't save and it's just frustrating because I have as much fun watching replays as I do racing sometimes and I want them to work... I've brought it up before and I don't know if it's because not many people are having a problem or what but I haven't got any resolution whatsoever... Hopefully somebody will follow up on it and also hopefully it's happening to other people because I don't understand why I seem to get problems that nobody else has so it's nice to see that you're having this issue!
    "If I can't win or set records without assists, then I don't win or set records!"

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    It's almost as if the current save is constantly reverting back to a previous auto-save. Stuck in an infinate loop without any new progression. Gonna delete the locally stored data and re-sync it from the cloud and see if that does anything. But that doesn't explain the constant issues of not being able to save replays?!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I can't save replays also... "Can't save replay" mesage shows up, then the file apears on the replay list but it doesnt work... Most of the times i tried on career mode. (Xbox one S here)
    Last edited by c T z 7; 05-07-2018 at 13:17.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by c T z 7 View Post
    I can't save replays also... "Can't save replay" mesage shows up, then the file apears on the replay list but it doesnt work... Most of the times i tried on career mode. (Xbox one S here)
    I gave up a lonnnnng time ago with the replays. I strongly suggest you do what i do and set up a "dedicated" ext hard drive just for replays and use the xbox dvr functionality. DONT BOTHER using the internal hard drive because it has way to many limitations. By using the ext hard drive u can save an ENTIRE HOUR at a time, and transfer/view it on your pc and or transfer to the onedrive. Its less stress than having to be bothered with the limits of the internal hd.
    Last edited by Stone Cold Stig; 05-07-2018 at 21:32.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: JasonSandwich, Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Stig View Post
    I gave up a lonnnnng time ago with the replays. I strongly suggest you do what i do and set up a "dedicated" ext hard drive just for replays and use the xbox dvr functionality. DONT BOTHER using the internal hard drive because it has way to many limitations. By using the ext hard drive u can save an ENTIRE HOUR at a time, and transfer/view it on your pc and or transfer to the onedrive. Its less stress than having to be bothered with the limits of the internal hd.
    Thanks can you do that with any USB drive? And you have to follow any steps when you have a replay or does it automatically go on that what do you do to set it up to go onto the USB?
    "If I can't win or set records without assists, then I don't win or set records!"

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Removed all game saves, uninstalled. Re-installed and still nothing is saving. Completely ruined the game now, no point in playing if nothing saves.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    @JonSumner I'm curious if things will save if you create a driver profile first.
    Xbox One X with public OS - Thrustmaster TX with T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer (pc2rando.jasonsandwich.com) (thread)

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    JasonSandwich I owe you a beer. Makes absolutely no sense, but it worked!
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by JonSumner View Post
    JasonSandwich I owe you a beer. Makes absolutely no sense, but it worked!
    I have nothing to base this on but my hunch was that, with a profile, a save file has to be created. If it were there, the setups and stuff would get put into that file.

But who cares - thanks for the beer. Enjoy the game!
    Xbox One X with public OS - Thrustmaster TX with T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer (pc2rando.jasonsandwich.com) (thread)