Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Venting

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

Just Venting

I FINALLY had some time to get behind the wheel yesterday. I spent 30 minutes in qualifying (P2), only to be crashed out before the first turn. By the time I climbed back on the track, I was in P14 (last). I managed a P6 finish, but DAMN that was frustrating.

I know this is nothing new, but I sure wish people would get it through their head that you don't win the race in turn 1, lap 1.

EDIT: There really is no point to this. It serves no purpose other than to vent some frustration.
    Last edited by Swass; 05-07-2018 at 13:42.

Platform
    PS4
    I feel your pain. I think what happens most of the times in such situations is guys overzealous to get ahead of the pack or at least as far as possible not only to maintain a lead but to have less drivers ahead of him so as to avoid being towards the back of the pack then to have to contend with having to pass drivers ahead including crashes to have to and hopefully avoid crashing into....which then makes it much more harder to catch the lead drivers.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think it's also a driving line issue, many people rely on it for the braking point and that works well when you are alone on track, but when racing in a pack it is often not visible at all due to the cars around, so the braking point becomes a guess work that very often fails. I am not judging, in the past I was also relying on the driving line and have caused some havoc when I couldn't see it...

Having said that, of course still the biggest problem is that a lot of people do not care about ruining other people's race, or feel that always the road is theirs. I think only a stricter safety ranking system could have helped in dealing with them...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    nooooooooo.......this is not safety rank diatribe #220212.

It just astonishes me that people run into each other on the straight away. I mean....my gawd, how about a little situational awareness???? I guess the guy next to me decided he liked my line better, so he elbowed me off the track. I almost rage quit, but I figured after 30 minutes of qualifying, I might was well stick it out.

There is no safety rank system that can stop the "What? I'm not the only one out here?" morons.
    Last edited by Swass; 05-07-2018 at 16:38.
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Swass View Post
    I FINALLY had some time to get behind the wheel yesterday. I spent 30 minutes in qualifying (P2), only to be crashed out before the first turn.

Venting's good for ya. Shame a few people think like that... I thought they would all move over to the Crew 2... maybe FH4...
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals CS Shifter, Rift CV1 / 4K XB321HK / Triple XB271HU 1440p screens. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 2080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, Throne Thumper, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe, Rseat S1
    The following user likes this Post: Swass

Platform
    XBOX1
    I think the rank system is good enough to filter out people who like to crash others. How many laps was the race btw?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    I think the rank system is good enough to filter out people who like to crash others. How many laps was the race btw?
    If you believe that, I have a unicorn for sale that you might be interested in.

IMO, this wasn't a wrecker problem. It was a lack of situational awareness problem. I don't think the guy who elbowed me off the track had any idea I was even there. He was an unranked driver. The S driver who punted me through the chicane had to know I was there, though.

The race was 10 laps.

Platform
    XBOX1
    If you believe that, I have a unicorn for sale that you might be interested in.

IMO, this wasn't a wrecker problem. It was a lack of situational awareness problem. I don't think the guy who elbowed me off the track had any idea I was even there. He was an unranked driver. The S driver who punted me through the chicane had to know I was there, though.

The race was 10 laps.
    A pink pig has just won the 24h Le Mans race so your unicorn wouldn't impress me at all

Usually races on Xbox are about 5 or 6 laps. Rush mentality leads to more turn 1 mayhem.
    Last edited by rich1e I; 05-07-2018 at 17:26.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I had a league race yesterday, one guy crashed probably every single one of us at some point of the race, others heavily, others lightly. At the end he said that someone hit him and could not avoid collision A or B. The replays showed that he simply had no idea at all times that there were people around hit when he was wrecking them, asked him if he has the proximity arrows and the spotter on and he told me he had no idea what they are and how to enable them...Anyway, explained to him and he said thanks and that he would use them and practice more before the next race, so he wasn't just trolling us in the race. But yeah, if there are a lot of people who are using a small monitor (like i do), but are using no spotter, no proximity arrows etc, then it is indeed very difficult to have situational awareness...

That's one part of the problem, related to people who crash by accident. About the others, who ram on purpose, in my opinion the very lenient safety system does play a big role on this. There are so many people that ram and bump others to pass, but still maintain very easily an S rank, so they feel they are doing fine. If you tell them to cut the c**p, they tell you "are you kidding me, I am very clean, I have an S". What we have is already a lot better than nothing, but a stricter system would had helped further a lot.

Platform
    PC
    I don't mind being knocked out at the start of the race so much. It's when I've been knocked from 5th down to 16th due to that first corner kerfuffle and battled hard over 8-10 laps to maybe salvage 10th (and lose points anyway), and then being deliberately crashed out by a backmarker: that grinds my gears to no end.
    ...because simcar

Rig: Intel i7-8770k @ 3.7GHz | MSI Z370 GAMING M5 | MSI GTX1080ti GAMING 11G | G.SKILL TridentZ 32Gb DDR4 | NZXT H400 case w/ Kraken x62 AIO cooler | Oculus Rift CV1 | LG 34UC88-B ultrawide (3440x1440 @ 60Hz) | Windows 10 Pro

Gear: Fanatec CSW v2.5 w/ Universal Hub, Clubsport GT rim | Fanatec CSR Elite pedals & shifter
    The following 2 users likes this Post: MartinMWWebb, WGIstation6a