Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Just Venting

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by shannam1 View Post
    Nobody here has ever had an experience like being taken out by a lapped rammer, except every single one of us. I've lost a few race wins that way, but having said that I've also inherited a race lead or two when it happened to someone poor person in front of me. It's very frustrating and I emphathise, but I would refer you to the 200+ page thread about how we shouldn't fret about our ratings - for this exact reason. It's just a number which doesn't affect your prize money.

What kind of lobbies did you try to set up? Car, track, duration etc? I'm of the same mind as you, to such an extent that if someone creates a lobby racing DBR1s around Rouen or XJ220s at Bannochbrae, I will flock to them even if it's with a small number of players. Also, I hope you're creating lobbies without points. Then it will still be frustrating if you get taken out, but at least it will have nothing to do with your rating number
    Oh yeah, I agree about the rating in that sense, but it bothered me because I couldn't compete in the online e-sport/time trial stuff as my rating ended up too low :-( That and I couldn't join other lobbies that looked like really good ones.

Lobby wise I tend to use a particular car for a few days or so, then change it up. At the moment I'm enjoying the BMW 2002, in the case quoted above I was trying to do 10mins quali, and 4 or 5 laps of SPA. I don't bother with practice anymore as from what I can tell the masses don't tend to like it.

Still so many car/track combinations I haven't tried yet, I'm actually new to it all tbh. And wow, the XJ220 must be hard work around my fave track, Bannochbrae! Love that track in the GROUP A Merc.

Managed to have a few good ones tonight at least, great fun!
    My 1992 Vw Corrado G60 - CorradoG60.co.uk
    My Mixer channel - Mixer.com/TekNeil
    Please...No more GT cars!
    I7-6700K @ 4.4Ghz / MSI GTX 1080 @2025 Core, +600 Mem / 16GB Ram @ 2800MHz / HTC Vive

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Man, I am terribly slow off the starting line. I usually lose one or two positions every time. It's starting to get on my nerves.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Swass View Post
    Man, I am terribly slow off the starting line. I usually lose one or two positions every time. It's starting to get on my nerves.
    Better slow than sorry.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    That was deep.
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Platform
    PC
    I'm back to vent again. I'm gonna have to take a break from PC2, I'm raging way too much.

After my earlier posts, I managed (After hours of trying) to get some clean races in. Got back up to A1500+ rating after idiots bringing it down.

Tonight...Well tonight I had the worst, most ridiculous race I've ever had. I can only describe it as 'Kids' purposefully smashing into people, flying around the track without braking, straight cutting corners, hitting people. Cars were flying everywhere. And they were 'LOLING' and congratulating each other on it. If there was a way to report them/get them banned, I would without question.

Back down to 1450 rating again So I still can't take part in the online e-sports trials.

There are no lobbies that are anything other than none rated, U, F. Try to set my own up for C1400+ and nobody joins. Join other lobbies, and they're full of fking idiots ruining it for others.

Can't win at the moment. Really wound up.
    I7-6700K @ 4.4Ghz / MSI GTX 1080 @2025 Core, +600 Mem / 16GB Ram @ 2800MHz / HTC Vive

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah, at the moment the trolls are having a party after the host kick option was removed, but if I understood correctly, the devs will enable it back in the next patch. Just hoping it will arrive soon enough.
    The following user likes this Post: A Scott

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by TekNeil View Post
    I'm back to vent again. I'm gonna have to take a break from PC2, I'm raging way too much.

After my earlier posts, I managed (After hours of trying) to get some clean races in. Got back up to A1500+ rating after idiots bringing it down.

Tonight...Well tonight I had the worst, most ridiculous race I've ever had. I can only describe it as 'Kids' purposefully smashing into people, flying around the track without braking, straight cutting corners, hitting people. Cars were flying everywhere. And they were 'LOLING' and congratulating each other on it. If there was a way to report them/get them banned, I would without question.

Back down to 1450 rating again So I still can't take part in the online e-sports trials.

There are no lobbies that are anything other than none rated, U, F. Try to set my own up for C1400+ and nobody joins. Join other lobbies, and they're full of fking idiots ruining it for others.

That's tough man. But why don't you join a private online lobby/league with a regular group of guys with a fairly better standard of racing etiquette bro? You would have less headache.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Yeah, at the moment the trolls are having a party after the host kick option was removed, but if I understood correctly, the devs will enable it back in the next patch. Just hoping it will arrive soon enough.
    Yeah, the trolling seems to have really ramped up lately. It's like a bunch of (Silly) kids have invaded the servers. I'm not saying all kids are idiotic of course but...

Quote Originally Posted by davidt33 View Post
    That's tough man. But why don't you join a private online lobby/league with a regular group of guys with a fairly better standard of racing etiquette bro? You would have less headache.
    I am in a league that runs once a week, just struggling at the moment so have been trying/really wanting to enjoy the e-sports/trial stuff. Just can't get in there because of other users stupidity. Really frustrating.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

More game aids, less rules, & this is the result.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

I feel for you mate.
    Dont take a break tho, if your clean we need people like you on the servers. If you give in the tossers win.

I was going to share a story about how i took out about 15 cars at rbr recently. But probably not the place LOL! (seriously, was an accident but i sensed not everbody was saying 'alright old chap, bit of a bump there'!)
    Dont forget, at the end of the day this is fun - dont let it get to you
    driving rig: 6700k at 4.5ghz | ASRock K6 Z170 | 1080ti at 2025mhz | Samsung 950 pro 256, sandisk ultra 480 | Gskill 16gb 3000mhz | GT Omega Pro, Cobra imola seat | Fanatec v2.5 base, Elite LC pedals, Shifter | Oculus Rift2
    PC2: E300VKB
    Real: Seat Leon Cupra 280 @ 360ish bhp.