Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Just Venting

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by A Scott View Post
    Thiers numerous reasons for the current problems, which some agree and some disagree with which is fine everyone is entitled to thier theory's,
    Aids if used properly can help as many have said, but I feel many dont use them properly, and just drive around with blinkers on,

Game indicates my right is all clear,

Reality is its not,
    The car is in front of you at this point...try taking the same screen shot a couple of seconds earlier and I expect it will show. Someone that is watching will see the marker being dynamic, you cannot just glance and assume everything is clear...no different than a blindspot in your side mirror. I would rather people set their FOV so they could actually see the a-pillars (getting mirrors into view isn't commonly reasonable) and then they would have seen that car in front of them in their view.

Can you quit spamming every remotely related thread with your desires, please? We get it, you don't like it. I, like many others that have posted, don't see any real advantage to your proposal other than thinning out the already thin heard. I respect that you can have an opinion and ask for a change...but do it, and let it be!
    i5-8600K || MSI Z370 Pro Carbon || 16GB DDR4 3000 || GTX 1080Ti || 240Gb SSD+1TB HDD || Xonar DG || Win10 64b || CSWv2+CSPv2 || Oculus Rift

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Can you not spamming my posts please ? I understand people want arcade features but let others have ideas, no need for you to disrespect everything single post you dont agree with.

#Specsavers am driving the Nicolas Hamilton car its the car on the right, JUST TO BE CLEAR, CAR IS ON THE RIGHT, if you bothered to look at the pics properly you would of noticed, but instead you jump on the arcade bandwagon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2 ‎2018-‎06-‎21 21-25-16.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	257477
    Last edited by A Scott; 10-07-2018 at 21:10.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by A Scott View Post
    Can you not spamming my posts please ? I understand people want arcade features but let others have ideas, no need for you to disrespect everything single post you dont agree with.

#Specsavers am driving the Nicolas Hamilton car its the car on the right, JUST TO BE CLEAR, CAR IS ON THE RIGHT, if you bothered to look at the pics properly you would of noticed, but instead you jump on the arcade bandwagon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2 ‎2018-‎06-‎21 21-25-16.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	257477
    Firstly, he IS talking about the car on your right, which is indeed already partly in front of you. That's why he's talking about blind spots and player FOV.
    Secondly, he is right. You ARE spamming every second thread you post in with this request. We've heard you loud and clear (and more than once) so there's no need to bring this request up again and again.
    Thirdly, drop your aggressive attitude towards other forum members please. It won't get you very far here (and definitely won't support your request). Consider this a warning.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Firstly, he IS talking about the car on your right, which is indeed already partly in front of you. That's why he's talking about blind spots and player FOV.
    Secondly, he is right. You ARE spamming every second thread you post in with this request. We've heard you loud and clear (and more than once) so there's no need to bring this request up again and again.
    Thirdly, drop your aggressive attitude towards other forum members please. It won't get you very far here (and definitely won't support your request). Consider this a warning.
    PM'd

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Agreed, but do you mean that this is known and it is by design, so not considered a bug?

If yes, I think it's very important to change this, because it is very dangerous and is indeed probably causing a lot of accidents online. When you drive with a correct FOV or anything close to it, it does not matter if you are one meter ahead or behind someone else besides you, it is completely impossible to see him either way, he's not visible in the mirrors, even not when looking left/right. So if you're not racing in VR which allows you to really look around, only thing you can rely on is the proximity indicators, which work greatly if the car is even 10 cm behind you, but if they are 10 cm ahead, they are not visible at all, I am sure this is the reason why so many people change lines completely oblivious to the other car besides them. It's because they are unfortunately just a bit behind him, so completely impossible to see him.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: A Scott, beetes_juice, davidt33, KANETAKER

Platform
    PC
    Here to vent also...

I'm fuming man. I'd gotten up to A1600. But my last few online races have been a nightmare, it's felt like I've been up against idiotic kids and/or trolls.

I've just spent a couple hours trying to set up (None GT3) lobbies, nobody was joining, or they were coming and going. So decided to jump into a GT4 lobby. First time in the car.

I was in 3rd at Catalunya, and whaddya know, a guy just rammed into the back of me at the hairpin. Fought back up to 4th. Coming up to a back marker, going past him and he literally swiped me off the track going down the straight!?

Fuming! I'm now down to A1400 through genuinely no fault of my own.
    My 1992 Vw Corrado G60 - CorradoG60.co.uk
    My Mixer channel - Mixer.com/TekNeil
    Please...No more GT cars!
    I7-6700K @ 4.4Ghz / MSI GTX 1080 @2025 Core, +600 Mem / 16GB Ram @ 2800MHz / HTC Vive
    The following user likes this Post: KANETAKER

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TekNeil View Post
    Here to vent also...

I'm fuming man. I'd gotten up to A1600. But my last few online races have been a nightmare, it's felt like I've been up against idiotic kids and/or trolls.

I've just spent a couple hours trying to set up (None GT3) lobbies, nobody was joining, or they were coming and going. So decided to jump into a GT4 lobby. First time in the car.

I was in 3rd at Catalunya, and whaddya know, a guy just rammed into the back of me at the hairpin. Fought back up to 4th. Coming up to a back marker, going past him and he literally swiped me off the track going down the straight!?

Fuming! I'm now down to A1400 through genuinely no fault of my own.
    Nobody here has ever had an experience like being taken out by a lapped rammer, except every single one of us. I've lost a few race wins that way, but having said that I've also inherited a race lead or two when it happened to someone poor person in front of me. It's very frustrating and I emphathise, but I would refer you to the 200+ page thread about how we shouldn't fret about our ratings - for this exact reason. It's just a number which doesn't affect your prize money.

What kind of lobbies did you try to set up? Car, track, duration etc? I'm of the same mind as you, to such an extent that if someone creates a lobby racing DBR1s around Rouen or XJ220s at Bannochbrae, I will flock to them even if it's with a small number of players. Also, I hope you're creating lobbies without points. Then it will still be frustrating if you get taken out, but at least it will have nothing to do with your rating number

Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm not sure if proximity arrows are designed to show cars that are being beside you because we have the spotter. I haven't noticed because I find it hard to concentrate on the driving and look what the arrows say when a car's approaching from behind, so I can't say if I have ever seen an arrow that points to the left or right. When a car is right next to me the spotter says 'right side' or 'left side', and if I look to the left or right side I can clearly see the wing mirror so I definitely can see a car, especially if it's 10 cm in front of me. So if a car is already in front of you it's not in a blind spot at all. I'm on cockpit view btw.
    Last edited by rich1e I; 12-07-2018 at 19:50.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    So if a car is already in front of you it's not in a blind spot at all. I'm on cockpit view btw.
    If it's one meter ahead of you and 2 meters to the left, it is not visible at all, is it? Unless you are using a very very high FOV setting, but I assume you don't.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    If it's one meter ahead of you and 2 meters to the left, it is not visible at all, is it? Unless you are using a very very high FOV setting, but I assume you don't.
    If it's not in my FOV I should see it when using the look left/right option. My FOV setting is 82. But honestly, I rarely use the look left/right because it makes me a little dizzy. If the car really is in a blind spot there's still the spotter who always tells you when there's a car right beside you.