Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Venting

Platform
    XBOX1
    Ok but in-game spotter should work and there's also crew chief.
    The following user likes this Post: EV3RY

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Should work, surely the people using's these aids have testing them,
    I only tested the arrows cause ive had numerous cars turn into me, which I dont bielve all was on purpose,
    if players used thier rear view & side mirrors, it would solve a lot of online issues.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    But if a car is next to you, you don't see it it any mirror...You can only see him if you have VR or triples.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    If you use your mirrors you see the car coming, theirs the look left/right feature cars just dont appear next to you without you knowing, well clearly they do hence the online issues,
    and you wonder why I ask for options in multiplayer, to keep out the ones that just drive with blinkers on, oblivious to anything else on the circuit,

YORKIE 065 can we have a tutorial on some basics please.
    Last edited by A Scott; 07-07-2018 at 02:56.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    As I said, if there's a car exactly besides to you, it is not visible on any of the mirrors. It is also not visible through look left/right either, because those help you look to the front and side, it's not 90 degrees. Yes, if it's just one car around and you saw it moments before in the mirrors, then it's safe to assume it's now besides you if you don't see it anywhere anymore, but when there are 3-4 cars around, it gets extremely complicated with just a small monitor screen to aid you.
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    As I said you see the car coming in the mirror's, once it's on your side you look out the window using the look left or look right feature,
    clearly this is the issue with online, hot lappers in bumper/bonnet cam oblivious to anything else on circuit, replaying on game aids that my or not tell them where the car is,
    I fail to see how "racing" like that simulates anything apart from destruction derby, which is what most complain about yes ?

SMS please add options to remove all game aids in multiplayer lobbys.

Platform
    PC
    I personally find the in-game spotter unreliable, and the last time I used it here was no way to get it to activate until several corners intonthe game. I’ve used Crew Cheif since day one.

I’d put people driving into you when beside into several categories:

1) are relying on the in-game spotter and it didn’t call out
    2) have no spotter on
    3) too much going on around them to deal with mixed with poor race start discipline (expect to take racing lines in a pack)
    4) just generally oblivious to anything other than what’s right in front of them - basically incompetent and should stick to AI races or time trial
    5) same as 4) but just don’t care rather than incompetent
    6) doing it on purpose to stop you passing them

I think all too often we assume no6 but it’s fairly rare. Poor use of the tools available mixed with incompetence probably covers most of the incidents of people driving like you aren’t beside them. I’m not sure how often the in-game spotter misses calls but it deffo didn’t call out till many seconds into the race when I last used it which if still the case means mixed with poor lane discipline at the start of races is a recipe for disaster.
    https://rwb-racing.enjin.com/forum --- https://discord.gg/MmtTXPA --- Active League - Renault RS01 Supercup

i5 8600K @ 4.8GHz \ 1080Ti \ 16GB RAM \ SSD's \ Sim-Plicity 20Nm OSW \ Fanatec Formula Black Rim USB Converted \ Fanatec v3 Pedals
    The following 2 users likes this Post: A Scott, EV3RY

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    That's why I have implemented my own visual spotter, works always nicely and even with a 23'' monitor I almost never have accidents. So I know it from practice, that such a tool like the spotter and/or proximity arrows can definitely be extremely helpful, but they obviously need to work always correctly. For this reason I suggested it should be very high priority for SMS to fix the ones that are standard in the game, so that they always work, then I am sure a lot of stupid accidents can be avoided.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I had a few great battles yesterday. Clean, close racing. In one case, P1 through P7 were within 2 seconds of each other. Everyone knew what they were doing - no braking early, no rear ending, no attempts to pass in chicanes, no multiple blocking attempts, etc. It was pretty awesome.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    That's why I have implemented my own visual spotter, works always nicely and even with a 23'' monitor I almost never have accidents. So I know it from practice, that such a tool like the spotter and/or proximity arrows can definitely be extremely helpful, but they obviously need to work always correctly. For this reason I suggested it should be very high priority for SMS to fix the ones that are standard in the game, so that they always work, then I am sure a lot of stupid accidents can be avoided.
    Thats great if you can make your own system that works, also on a format that allows you to use it, but this title is multi platform each with thier own restrictions, with a lot of users probably dont even come on this forum,
    I got shot down HARD for suggesting such a thing, now it appears at least to me the problem is worse than I first feared cause more people are saying they simple dont work, and will a few tweaks make them work properly am not convinced, these issues should of been pointed out in the first week from those who use them, incident on the track I save replay so I can understand what happened and what I can learn from it,

Easier option ( not saying easy to implement ) is simply to add options in multiplayer to force all game aids off, so every one can race how they wish, just like you can do with cockpit and racing line,
    the hosts that choose to do this will just expect that less people are going to join, just like at the moment with cockpit no assits lobbys,
    my understanding is this is more a SIM type title, so let people make SIM type lobbys.
    Last edited by A Scott; 09-07-2018 at 15:17.