Thread: HDR - XBOX ONE S CONFIG

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

HDR - XBOX ONE S CONFIG

Just bought a new tv (4k Samsung 49mu6300 Hdr Premium 49") and the game feels awesome. I did all the necessary config on the TV (Game mode etc) and in the Xbox (applying HDR mode). The speed sensation is much better and inside car details too (cockpit view) . However, the edges doesnt feel so good. Pixelated lines and the other cars on the race are also not good, with all the square edges.

Is this how the game really look like? (maybe i'm just feeling strange from changing too a bigger screen)

Are there any config recomendations for players using XBOX ONE S on HDR?

I apreciate if you guys have any tips on this topic.

Thanks

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I went back-and-forth with HDR a bit when I got the X and decided finally to opt out. Only a handful of games I have support HDR and I never found it compelling enough to keep running. A good test case is the game/tech demo called "Insects" that MS publishes to push the 4K and HDR format. You can download this and see a very good case of HDR rendering.

It's all up to your tastes and it will take a bit of tweaking on the TV to get the HDR to where you feel it is best. Your eyes, darkness of room, the video itself, all make a difference. I've also discovered that it's a bit subjective between family members. There are a lot of options to consider. That's why I opted out of the whole thing.

Good luck and let us know what you come up with. I'd be interested in giving HDR another swing.
    Xbox One X with public OS - Thrustmaster TX with T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer (pc2rando.jasonsandwich.com) (thread)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonSandwich View Post
    I went back-and-forth with HDR a bit when I got the X and decided finally to opt out. Only a handful of games I have support HDR and I never found it compelling enough to keep running. A good test case is the game/tech demo called "Insects" that MS publishes to push the 4K and HDR format. You can download this and see a very good case of HDR rendering.

It's all up to your tastes and it will take a bit of tweaking on the TV to get the HDR to where you feel it is best. Your eyes, darkness of room, the video itself, all make a difference. I've also discovered that it's a bit subjective between family members. There are a lot of options to consider. That's why I opted out of the whole thing.

Good luck and let us know what you come up with. I'd be interested in giving HDR another swing.
    HDR is amazing. I'm not home so I can't help now. I can tell you exactly how to set it. PM me so I have a reminder.