Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolling start issues

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    https://youtu.be/njWYEPxehP4?t=36s\

Just witness the chaos at Daytona Road, check how many people get thrown around and get penalties before even having control over their car.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CoproManiac View Post
    Check the video from this thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1520761
    See how the Chevrolette gets thrown up in the air. It just bounces and then shoots up in the air like a rocket lol.
    I'll follow my own advice I posted in that thread and be more careful when joining lobbies and avoid the ones that have a rolling start.

Rolling starts are bugged, they need to be addressed or be taken out of the game.
    Ive only done a few rolling's start races & my memory is not that good, but I think if the formation lap is on it solves the issue,
    the bug or issue is when theirs no formation lap, the AI is in control ( which is the problem ) until you get manul control just before the start, but both options can be seen in the lobby settings,
    but with formation lap depending on circuit takes a age to get around due to the speed limit which only P1 has and is at a huge disadvantage.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by A Scott View Post
    Ive only done a few rolling's start races & my memory is not that good, but I think if the formation lap is on it solves the issue,
    the bug or issue is when theirs no formation lap, the AI is in control ( which is the problem ) until you get manul control just before the start, but both options can be seen in the lobby settings,
    but with formation lap depending on circuit takes a age to get around due to the speed limit which only P1 has and is at a huge disadvantage.
    Formation lap could be a work around, but I'd rather see them fix the issues with the rolling start. I'm not really interested in driving a formation lap at Le Mans or at the Nordschleife, would take ages.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: A Scott, KANETAKER

Platform
    PC
    At least in those online races with license points activated, in the event of some chaos or disaster in those types of rolling starts, there is the possibility of avoiding losing skill points if you leave the session just before the red lights of the traffic light start disappear and before the leader crosses the finish line.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CoproManiac View Post
    Formation lap could be a work around, but I'd rather see them fix the issues with the rolling start. I'm not really interested in driving a formation lap at Le Mans or at the Nordschleife, would take ages.
    So I would I, but realistically i would guess we got mybe 2-3 months of bug / issue fixes left judging by the 9-10 month support from PC1,
    a lot just isnt gonna get fixed.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by KANETAKER View Post
    At least in those online races with license points activated, in the event of some chaos or disaster in those types of rolling starts, there is the possibility of avoiding losing skill points if you leave the session just before the red lights of the traffic light start disappear and before the leader crosses the finish line.
    I did not know that, thanks for the info. I won the race in the end tho

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by A Scott View Post
    So I would I, but realistically i would guess we got mybe 2-3 months of bug / issue fixes left judging by the 9-10 month support from PC1,
    a lot just isnt gonna get fixed.
    Yeah, maybe (probably) it won't get fixed, but hopefully they will fix it. Fingers crossed