Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clutch in Project Cars 2

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    and you can still use little toy H shifter..

until someone actually comes up with a full FFB Shifter that blocks disengaging when the gearbox is under load, blocks engagement when the gearbox shafts are not within the correct speed range and can give a grinding effect.. when that is available, I'm sure the devs will be more than happy to implement that for you. For now though, just change gear properly, using the clutch like the rest of us with our little toy H shifters.
    They already make them but they aren't cheap. I think about 1200 dollars. Sim Racing Garage did a review on it.
    Last edited by morpwr; 10-07-2018 at 12:06.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following 2 users likes this Post: MrTulip, Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Three cheers, has a lockout mechanism, but yea the price.

https://www.pro-sim.co.uk/shop/h-pat...ab-description

If it becomes popular there may be cheaper offerings I guess.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    Guys, we all know that the clutch doesn’t work properly, but Casey said that it was a design decision and that not will be changed. Even more, I prefer they keep this untouched at this stage because is a bit risky.

But we must keep in mind for future “Projects”, because it doesn’t work as it should do. Or to be more precise, the cluch works well, but not using it (with manual clutch), is not real. When you don’t press the pedal, the gearbox works in similar way, so not huge difference between doing right or doing wrong.

Many people say, “you still can use the clutch”, and that’s true. But you don’t have any reward of doing thing properly or any penalty of doing wrong. The gears are engaged, whatever you do with the pedals. It’s like in a flight sim you can land without deploying gear landing. You can do it if you want, but if you forget it, no problem, the plane lands in similar way. Sorry but that is not realistic in a sim.

Others say that IRL you can change gear without clutch. Yes, that is true and I do it in real live, but not in any circumstances and whatever you do with the pedals (with the accelerator pushed on the floor, i.e.). No rev matching needed in any circumstance.

But the most unrealistic situation with the clutch/gearbox is start moving without pressing the clutch. With the car stopped you can push the accelerator to the floor in neutral, and without pressing the clutch you can engage 1st gear and the car starts moving smoothly. That’s crazy and absolutely unreal and it’s not justifiable in any point (please don’t try it with your own cars).

I know that it was a design decision, but I hope that for future editions this feature will be revised.
    Well, i partially disagree with you. Engagement itself, an in the absolute possition, works automatically, yes(Where the debate lies), but clutch transition movement works correctly.

My right ankly is F'ed up, I can't heel/toe. My workaround is to make the clutch slip when downshifting.It's slower, by i can live with that. I can assure you that clutch slippage works as advertised. If I drop it too fast, It's really easy to unsetle the car and make the rear go bonkers if i do it wrong. I need to do it correctly at the bite point and engine rev.

We're not in a perfect situation, but it works correctly in most situation, from my PoV.
    All platform and wheels: Official Force Feedback Guide
    Info: pCars 2 Tire Pressure Official Guideline | Wheel FFB guide

Steering: G27 | My In-game FFB:Informative 98/40/45/3

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by poirqc View Post
    Well, i partially disagree with you. Engagement itself, an in the absolute possition, works automatically, yes(Where the debate lies), but clutch transition movement works correctly.

My right ankly is F'ed up, I can't heel/toe. My workaround is to make the clutch slip when downshifting.It's slower, by i can live with that. I can assure you that clutch slippage works as advertised. If I drop it too fast, It's really easy to unsetle the car and make the rear go bonkers if i do it wrong. I need to do it correctly at the bite point and engine rev.

We're not in a perfect situation, but it works correctly in most situation, from my PoV.
    Yes, I agree with you. The clutch works, and if you use correctly you can do faster shifts with manual. But in extreme situations, doing the oposite thing you have to do, the gears engaged anyway.

I've recorded sometime time ago a video about this. Obviously the autoclutch is disabled and in the telemetry before moving you see a clutch test.

As you see from stand position maximum throttle and 1st gear without clutch and the car launch as a rocket (repeat, don’t try with your own car). The rest of the video upshisting and downshifting without rev maching.

As I've said, I prefer devs don't touch the clutch ATM, we can live with this, but is something that needs improvement for next game.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 10-07-2018 at 16:39.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc

Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    They already make them but they aren't cheap. I think about 1200 dollars. Sim Racing Garage did a review on it.
    I know, but I'm not buying a gear lever than cost more than most of the cars I've owned..

Have they actually made the hydraulic locking part yet ?
    Last edited by Mad Al; 10-07-2018 at 15:09.

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Superkart Pilot
    What is the function of Auto Clutch option in settings?

Platform
    PC
    Is that a rhetorical question?
    i5-3570K @4,4GHz | Asrock Z77 Pro4 | 16GB DDR3-1600 | R9 290X @Morpheus | Win7 64bit | Asus Xonar DG | AOC Q3279VWF 31,5" WQHD 75Hz FreeSync | beQuiet L7 530W | Logitech G29

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
    What is the function of Auto Clutch option in settings?
    If you drive a manual car, without using the clutch (whether auto or manual clutch), you will get a delay if you 'don't shift properly'. It will still go into gear, but that slight delay will make acceleration slower than actually possible (and downshifting can make the car nervous).
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    If you drive a manual car, without using the clutch (whether auto or manual clutch), you will get a delay if you 'don't shift properly'. It will still go into gear, but that slight delay will make acceleration slower than actually possible (and downshifting can make the car nervous).
    So Auto Clutch on removes that delay? Not sure I fully understood the response.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
    So Auto Clutch on removes that delay? Not sure I fully understood the response.
    Yes, as does using a manual clutch.

EDIT: You can see the difference by using a manual car, with auto clutch disabled and just accelerate through the gears. Switch on auto clutch and you should see the shifts become more precise.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: Andrew_WOT