Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clutch in Project Cars 2

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    Guys, we all know that the clutch doesn’t work properly, but Casey said that it was a design decision and that not will be changed.
    Keep the discussion proper guys, and use the correct terms. The clutch works fine and as in real life in pC2. What is better than in real life is the synchronization between gearbox and engine, allowing you to shift without clutching in most circumstances. This is the design decision that was made.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    I know, but I'm not buying a gear lever than cost more than most of the cars I've owned..

Have they actually made the hydraulic locking part yet ?
    I was trying to figure that out. For that kind of money I would hope its part of it. The description isn't real helpful.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Superkart Pilot
    "Better than real life" is still incorrect in simulation world.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Pekka Salminen

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
    What is the function of Auto Clutch option in settings?
    Auto clutch is specifically for people without a clutch (keyboard, gamepad or wheel). Maybe playing with a gamepad would give a few people here a better appreciation of how SMS has managed to balance the requirements of different hardware.

First and foremost it allows you to sit still with a gear engaged and applies the clutch automatically.
    Appling some throttle in gear lets the clutch out as the revs rise and lets you smoothly move off from a standstill..
    When changing up it will do a throttle cut and will blip on down changes, on H pattern cars (so it basically works the same or all cars, paddle shift or H pattern, but the delays for H pattern are a lot longer)

Turn on the telemetry screen and try it, you'll soon work out what it's doing

I might mention that there are a few cars in game that don't actually have a clutch pedal and do exactly this with the manual clutch.

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Platform
    PC
    That's all fine, but since no single current racing simulation does everything exactly like the real thing, it makes little sense to keep on playing the "not realistic" card all the the time for some games and some aspects, and ignoring other aspects and other games.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.

Platform
    PC
    That's all fine, but since no single current racing simulation does everything exactly like the real thing, it makes little sense to keep on playing the "not realistic" card all the the time for some games and some aspects, and ignoring other aspects and other games.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    ^^^ A gear lever with a lock/ unlock function related to torque in the drive train would be 90% of the job done, and surely not that complex. The gear lever is a very neglected peripheral that needs some feedback love.
    Email me when you have a working production model and i'll be your first customer

Edit : I just saw the price of the ones mentioned here ,lol I'll not be the first customer

Sankyo , you do realise who your talking with don't you ? You will never make a person who is blind see !
    Last edited by BigDad; 11-07-2018 at 11:07.

Platform
    PC
    It cant be that important because nobody has jumped on that 1200 shifter yet lol
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    You will never make a person who is blind see !
    Agree, extreme case of "love is blind" here.

WMD Member

Missing Clutch in Project Cars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    This is the one and only reason why I uninstalled the whole game from my computer.
    This decision also made this software just a game. After this it is not even simcade.
    You simply can not drive a H-shifter old car without a clutch. Clutch is being used to control a car, not just when you are shifting gears.

No, there is no clutch if it is just a digital on/off button type.

As of now the original Project Cars (1) is so much more a simulator.
    PCars 2 stopped to be a simulator for this one reason only. It doesn't even try to simulate driving a car with a clutch.
    I am so dissapointed and I really don't understand this. There is this automatic clutch option also, what is it's function?