Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All the PC online lobbys are the same.

Platform
    PC
    You picked slower cars with a large track. That's not a combination that a lot of people will enjoy. When I used to setup races with slower cars, I used smaller tracks and that seemed to attract other drivers.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 2 users likes this Post: KANETAKER, Swass

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by HUZI View Post
    It's so hard to find a lobby that isn't GT3, LMP1 or GTE and on a track other than all the popular ones like Monza. Especially Monza.
    You are kidding me?? I think you make a mistake by including the LMP1 category among the most used car classes in online races ... if there were really many online races available with the LMP1, I would already have a range of license points of S2000 or higher. .. but it's not like that. I very rarely find LMP1 races and the few that are available are usually without license points activated or with few players available.

All this in contrast to the GT3 races that you will always find at any time of the day and there will always be people available. I would like to know what country you are in and what time of day you usually go to look for online races ... I am interested to know in what hours there are usually more LMP1 races available, because apparently at the time I connect I can not find no LMP1 game available.

On the other hand, with respect to the GT3, will have to see what will happen on the day when the new game ACC goes on sale ... clearly they seek to snatch SMS the huge number of players who only participate in GT3, and if SMS does not execute a "Plan B" (in the sense of focusing more on making popular the other categories), the online multiplayer of PCars 2 will die !!
    A few weeks ago some of this could be achieved thanks to the LeMans DLC, although only the classic LeMans track and the vintage prototypes became popular.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    You picked slower cars with a large track. That's not a combination that a lot of people will enjoy. When I used to setup races with slower cars, I used smaller tracks and that seemed to attract other drivers.
    THIS! TC and TC1 are two of my favorite classes, but NOT on long tracks. TC on short, tight tracks makes for some great racing. Oulton Park is great. On the other hand, you can take a quick nap on long straights like Red Bull, Monza and Imola. Monza in a TC is the absolute worst.
    Last edited by Swass; 12-07-2018 at 13:48.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Coolerking, lawfulharbor218

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Swass View Post
    THIS! TC and TC1 are two of my favorite classes, but NOT on long tracks. TC on short, tight tracks makes for some great racing. Oulton Park is great. On the other hand, you can take a quick nap on long straights like Red Bull, Monza and Imola. Monza in a TC is the absolute worst.
    The TC cars I think are just fine in long tracks, for example in RBR they do 1.35, compared to the 1.28 of the GT3s. Yes, the TC1 Clios are a different story, as they do 1.45s.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I personally don't find vintage vehicles very interesting, save for a few Porsches, and prefer modern race cars (GT4-LMP1, Track Day #, Formula #, etc.)

Lobby setup is half the battle of course.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    To each their own.

Platform
    PC
    But have you guys actually had a full race with the VGTB on a track such as SPA? I had one of the best races I've been in, myself in the BMW 2002 and another guy in a merc. We were swapping and changing position all the way through with some brilliant moves/overtakes, sliding under braking etc.

IMO it doesn't matter what you're racing, where...as long as it's close and fun with enough variation to keep it interesting.

I'll have to record the replay actually and pop it on youtube or something.
    Last edited by TekNeil; 12-07-2018 at 14:56.
    My 1992 Vw Corrado G60 - CorradoG60.co.uk
    My Mixer channel - Mixer.com/TekNeil
    Please...No more GT cars!
    I7-6700K @ 4.4Ghz / MSI GTX 1080 @2025 Core, +600 Mem / 16GB Ram @ 2800MHz / HTC Vive
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TekNeil View Post
    But have you guys actually had a full race with the VGTB on a track such as SPA? I had one of the best races I've been in, myself in the BMW 2002 and another guy in a merc. We were swapping and changing position all the way through with some brilliant moves/overtakes, sliding under braking etc.

IMO it doesn't matter what you're racing, where...as long as it's close and fun with enough variation to keep it interesting.

I'll have to record the replay actually and pop it on youtube or something.
    No one is saying it isn't fun... However, today for public races, people are trained to do short races that are typically 5 laps with lap times running around 1-1.30 per lap. The best way to run unconventional race configurations is to find some like-minded people. Not necessarily a league, but some whom like driving the same cars. Make them friends on Steam and then you can have a little group that enjoys running something other than the modern race cars.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    I never suggested anything wasn't fun, more asking if people have actually 'tried' it to gauge their thoughts ;-) Obviously those who keep running the likes of GT3 do so because they like to, which is cool, that's what it's all about, enjoying what you do.

I have come across a few good guys (Clean/respectable etc) that like to drive a variation of cars/tracks but it's a very small minority, as yet at least. I hope the unconventional (Which is subjective of course) will change as the game ages a little more.
    My 1992 Vw Corrado G60 - CorradoG60.co.uk
    My Mixer channel - Mixer.com/TekNeil
    Please...No more GT cars!
    I7-6700K @ 4.4Ghz / MSI GTX 1080 @2025 Core, +600 Mem / 16GB Ram @ 2800MHz / HTC Vive

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I host a lobby and live stream twice a week and don't do any GT3 or Monza. We do Group A, Group 4, open wheel, road cars, and everything else under the sun. Feel free to join us. YouTube: ATL RIOT Twitch: ATL_RIOT and Mixer..

We only ask that you race clean and not troll. Other then that Run what you brought.