Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All the PC online lobbys are the same.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

All the PC online lobbys are the same.

It's so hard to find a lobby that isn't GT3, LMP1 or GTE and on a track other than all the popular ones like Monza. Especially Monza.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Then create your lobby its not that hard and if you create a good combo others will join you.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Chin, JasonSandwich, Mahjik

Platform
    PC
    I like a bit of variation and I'm only really interested in MP, so it's pretty much GT3 + Monza most of the time.

Bit of a shame really, the way the MP side of PC2 works is a big let down, no official dedicated servers and those run by the brave through Steam are empty.
    The P2P allows players with massive ping difference in the same lobby and finding a setup that suites is not easy.

I managed to join a server running group 5 on Sunday but after the first race everybody left, I can only assume that being unfamiliar with cars which are not the easiest to handle people worried about their skill rating.
    I then joined a lobby that was running a R3.5 but that just crashed back to the lobby at race start, ten mins of practice, 20 mins of qualifying all for nothing.

PC2 is rich in flavour but for on-line racing I go elsewhere.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    see post #2
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Platform
    PC
    I find there’s a few guys/gals who create interesting races. Especially TC and TC1. They are generally really close. I raced last night at Brands Hatch, Laguna and Hockenheim. There were some epic close, clean races. I’m not very good in TC (actually I’m not very good in any class) but I think it makes for fantastic racing.
    I would like to see a bit more vintage stuff for me. Maybe some open wheel vintage F1 races. Only thing is it can be really tricky wheel to wheel, with the odds on having a crash very high.
    Other than that, close racing in VR is something I thought I’d never experience to this degree. It is utterly engaging and thrilling. I absolutely love it!

Well done and thank you SMS...
    i7 7700k | Kraken X62 rev.2 | G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz 16gb | Asus Z270 F Strix | Asus ROG 1080 ti | Corsair RM1000x | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Glass | Asus ROG PG278QR 27 2560x1440 | Logitech G920 | Oculus Rift |
    The following user likes this Post: g.stew

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneboys View Post
    Bit of a shame really, the way the MP side of PC2 works is a big let down, no official dedicated servers and those run by the brave through Steam are empty.
    The P2P allows players with massive ping difference in the same lobby and finding a setup that suites is not easy.
    You do realise, you can join the empty dedicated servers and change cars / tracks etc, since you become the host (as such), although not everything admittedly.
    If its online and not password protected, then its there to be used IMO and can provide a better environment overall than P2P.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    PC has it better than console.

If you want some variety,some up with some good combinations,safety rating off,short races, and people will join.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    not true at all, there is always a couple of touring car or clio lobbys going .

I have raced over 500 online races and I don't even race gt cars !

as said earlier create a lobby of your liking you maybe surprised to see it fill up if your settings aren't out there

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by pcs420 View Post
    not true at all, there is always a couple of touring car or clio lobbys going .

I have raced over 500 online races and I don't even race gt cars !

as said earlier create a lobby of your liking you maybe surprised to see it fill up if your settings aren't out there
    Lol clio's are even worse than GT3. I don't like to drive or race FWD. Tried to convert, but I really don't want to...
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Platform
    PC
    I've just spent a couple hours trying to set up VGTB and Road D (None GT3) lobbies, nobody was joining, or they were coming and going. 10mins quali, 4 lap race around SPA. Tried to get them going maybe 7 or 8 times...

I really don't understand how there are so many fantastic cars to drive and hardly anybody wants to use them. The old/classic stuff makes for some superb racing and fun. There's been a few times I've searched and seen 100% GT3/GTE.
    CorradoG60.co.uk - My 1992 Vw Corrado G60.
    Mixer.com/TekNeil - My Mixer channel.
    Please...No more GT cars!
    I7-6700K @ 4.4Ghz / MSI GTX 1080 @2025 Core, +600 Mem / 16GB Ram @ 2800MHz / HTC Vive