Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (Logitech G29) Solution for missing driver settings in Logitech Gaming Software

Platform
    PC
    FWIW, a lot of Logitech users reported "better FFB" on PC1 by not installing the Logitech software. Everyone will have their own opinions on FFB. Do whatever helps you enjoy the title.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Who said "sim developers"? I said "developers".
    Come on really? Who's playing Battlefield or The Witcher 3 with a Fanatec or Simucube DD wheel?
    i5-3570K @4,4GHz | Asrock Z77 Pro4 | 16GB DDR3-1600 | R9 290X @Morpheus | Win7 64bit | Asus Xonar DG | AOC Q3279VWF 31,5" WQHD 75Hz FreeSync | beQuiet L7 530W | Logitech G29

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha F. View Post
    Come on really? Who's playing Battlefield or The Witcher 3 with a wheel?
    They have the same challenges with hardware compatibility. It's not limited to sim racing software. This is the reason Microsoft invested in trying to standardize many interfaces for Windows to bring the developers back. FWIW, I was a programmer for 20+ years but I've never written a line of code for a Blimey/SMS title.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

I understand the Op. And is true that almost no game change the controller settings of logitech wheels even if you check " let the game control " So if you want a good and responsive FFB with the Logitech wheel you should always uncheck the damping and spring settings.

with Pcars 2 I have the logitech panel at 150% force, in pcars 2 i change the volume, accordingly.

Note: Not everyone knows what they have in front of them with respect to not using the logitech control panel (impossible to have a better FFB if you canīt uncheck damper and spring).
    i7 5820K @ 4400 Water Cooled - Asus Deluxe x99 - 16GB DDR4 2800@3000 - GTX 1080 TI (1900MHZ) - 3 Monitor 24" + 27" 1440p 100hz - Logitech G25 (modded pedals) + TH8A Shifter - OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Pedro Ferreira
    The following user likes this Post: Sascha F.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    That was utterly amazing improvement, feels like a new game to me now after months of struggling with it. And in VR is brilliant experience. Thank you. Logitech won't do anything though is pathetic.
    The following user likes this Post: Sascha F.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Fine, so they should be controlled by "the games", yes. But what if these games do not control it (or not correctly turm them off) or are just older and didn't have that function? This isn't just a solution for pCARS 2 alone.
    Like I wrote, there's a day and night difference in pC2 between these settings on (=100%) and off, going from completely numb to lively and much more detailed. So it's another Logitech Problem. No, not Logitech. Another pCARS input problem. The DFGT loses calibration every second game session.
    NO other Sims here (and I have them all; iRacing, AMS, AC, rF1, rF2, GTR2, GT Legends, Race07, GTR Evo, and some more, even F1 2017 or GTA5 with x360ce!!!) have EVER made any Problem (losing calibration or something like that) with the DFGT. The only sim with big Problems is pC2. I had described the problem earlier in this forums. Guess
    what the response was? It's not SMS fault, it's the logitech driver. Come on. Couldn't be more obvious if every other SW works right?
    Now I went to the G29 and it's similar. You say pC2 should handle these settings - but obviously it does not, at least not correctly. And on top there is ALSO a Problem with pC2 and the G29 and losing calibration. The first day I had the wheel it worked having set 900° in LGS and calibrated accordingly in pC2. Two days later I have to set the DOR to 540° in LGS or the 911 RSR GTE isn't driveable because it now wants to use the full 900°. A GTE car.
    Honestly, I'm sick of it. And these "generic" answers. Please fix it. It's not the Logitech drivers.
    EDIT: Not to forget: there was never a problem with DFGT losing calibration in pCARS 1, and I have been in WMD from the very beginning. So please, please stop trying to tell me it's Logitech's fault.
    I'm just wanting to clarify things for the benefit of myself and others reading this thread with G29 or G920 wheels... In no way am I attacking your post or trying to annoy you.
    I will point out that I have supported MS Operating Systems in professional environments for well over 20 years - so I have an appreciation of the interactions when discussing Microsoft OS'es and hardware and software issues.

The gist of what you seem to be commenting about is that the settings you were used to adjusting on your old wheel, using the old Logitech Profiler software - have changed.
    These 3 same settings you mention are all available in relation to Pcars 2 for the G29 - just not in the software tool that you were previously using (with a different steering wheel).
    Wheel spring strength is set within the LGS software and Damping and FFB strength are both adjusted within Project Cars 2.

I don't see a problem or issue here that needs fixing.
    Then you make a comment about various racing simulators and their behavior with your old wheel and software. I don't appreciate the relevance of that in a thread about your G29 and Project Cars 2.
    It's different hardware, running different drivers on other software.

Your comment re: your G29 and Pcars 2 - " pC2 should handle these settings - but obviously it does not, at least not correctly" - seems to be an assumption on your part that the exact same adjustments will be available to you with your G29 - that you had available with your DFGT wheel - using different device drivers.

I don't understand the logic to be honest. No offense.
    Your comment with "the G29 losing calibration" and the wheel's range of motion isn't one I have experienced - so the obvious conclusion would be it effects some people with G29's but is not a universal issue.

I think you should step back from your issues and break them down one by one and work through them. By making connections between them - I suspect it will take you longer to resolve them.
    You also might want to consider comparing technical notes on the problems in relation to OS versions and Logitech software versions - as I wouldn't be surprised if there is a connection there (I am speculating based on my own experience).

Good luck with getting things behaving normally. I used to have a Logitech Momo wheel that used the older profiler software, so I do appreciate that the new software has changed significantly - but in my own case, if I had a G29 problem, there would be no value at all in comparing behaviour of my current wheel, software and OS to the old one - regardless of the game title being used.
    Last edited by Muz_J; 13-07-2018 at 13:23.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie177 View Post
    That was utterly amazing improvement, feels like a new game to me now after months of struggling with it. And in VR is brilliant experience. Thank you. Logitech won't do anything though is pathetic.
    I am just curious - but what OS are you running and did you try adjusting the settings as per my reply to Sascha F ?

From my own checking, these settings are available - although handled slightly differently than they were with older wheels and logitech profiler software.
    >>> Wheel spring strength is set within the LGS software and Damping and FFB strength are both adjusted within Project Cars 2.

Platform
    PC
    @Muz_J

No, what you mean with "Wheel spring strength" is the Center Spring that can still be set in the new LGS version 8.00 upwards. Do not confuse the center spring with the "Spring Effect" that was available in the "old" Logitech Profiler (lgs510_x64.exe) (see first pic in the OP, sorry its German Descriptions there).
    These are two different settings!

The "Damper Effect" is obviously not adjusted in pcars 2, I had the "Controller Damping" in the game's controller settings (the page where you set sensivity, deadzones etc) already at "0", and there was still a big improvement after setting the registry entry to zero.

And yes, of course, you can adjust the FFB strength in pc2 via the "Intensity" slider in the FFB menu, but this does not exactly do the same as setting it higher in the wheel's driver (and turning slightly down ingame). This is a workaround and is well known as having a similar effect as the "Minimum Force"
    setting known from other sims. It does help a bit to tighten the FFB feel around the center, which is known to be a bit weak at Logitech wheels (aka "Dead Center Feel"), but without the side effect of generally higher FFB forces while turning. So effectively it results in a different ffb strength curve.

So, I wonder why Thrustmaster still has sliders for "Spring Strength" and "Damper Strength" in their PC drivers and their advise in their support pages is to set them at "zero" when playing modern sims that have an own ingame FFB system? I think it's clear why... They have to adjustable, depending on which
    "driving game" you play. Older titles or "arcade" games without proper FFB these settings may help to get some "resistance" in the wheel, but they will hinder you in all modern simracing titles. At least thats my own experience from the last ~13 years, especially with Logitech wheels (DFPro->G25->DFGT->G29).

@charlie177: glad it seemed to help you!

EDIT: btw, it seems I have sorted out my problem with the DOR by removing the old Logitech Profiler and reinstalling the latest LGS v9.00.42_x64 - so the G29 seems to be working for now, fingers crossed
    Last edited by Sascha F.; 13-07-2018 at 14:48.
    i5-3570K @4,4GHz | Asrock Z77 Pro4 | 16GB DDR3-1600 | R9 290X @Morpheus | Win7 64bit | Asus Xonar DG | AOC Q3279VWF 31,5" WQHD 75Hz FreeSync | beQuiet L7 530W | Logitech G29

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    So, the only thing left do to ist just edit the entries and set them to 0. Just doubleclick on the entries "Damper Strength" and "SpringStrength" and change the hexadecimal values from "2710" to "0" (or you can switch to decimal and set it from 10000 to 0).
    Now it should look like that:
    Wow, so after so many months, only now, after applying those changes, I realize I was fighting with the wheel all the time till now! Thank you very very much, it feels a lot better now! I have taken the same route with you, was previously using the DFGT with the same settings that you use, last December moved to the G29 and had not realized that those settings are still a thing. I think this tip needs to be posted to the General forum, so more people will see it.

Btw, the first, "CenteringSpring" option always resets back to 25% after a PC reset, if I have set it previously to 0. Does it happen for you also?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: pferreirag60, Sascha F.

Platform
    PC
    Hi cpcdem,

glad to hear it was an improvement for you, too!
    No, the centering spring value does not reset after pc restart, do you have it set to 0% and the checkbox "unticked" in the Logitech Gaming Software? If not, that might override what you have set in the windows registry settings. It will reset them after a pc restart I guess.
    Last edited by Sascha F.; 13-07-2018 at 17:23.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, pferreirag60