Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playseat Evolution and gear shift holder

Platform
    PC

Playseat Evolution and gear shift holder

After my decision to finally buy a “higer” end wheel I’m now on the hunt for a playseat Evolution. Love my Playseat challenge but I need more comfort and a better adjustable seat.
    So I will buy a Playseat Evolution. I also want a gearshifholder. But after seeing some vids I noticed that the gearshiftholder is placed very low at the rig. I have a Trustmaster TH8A shifter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53AAF45E-BFF2-43A3-9B35-464E5D705EE7.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	257476

https://www.playseatstore.nl/playsea...older-pro.html

Can anybody here with this Playseat Evolution tell me how your experience is with this gearshiftholder.
    Do you have the feeling it is placed to low or is it just fine as it is?

Thanks for the reply...
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I use a Logitech wheel/shifter on my Playseat Evolution, so it may feel a bit different with a Thrustmaster, but for the Logitech it feels perfect - the shifter sits pretty much exactly where I'd expect it to be in a real car, and it's very easy to find it blind (blinded by a VR headset, in my case :P)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I have an Evolution and TH8A shifter as well. The shifter height is perfect.

Platform
    PC
    Nice nice.... then the decision is made..
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    Only I see there is a Revolution as well. Lol..

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Stretch to a Simetik K2 cockpit. I bought a PS Evo Alcantara thinking it would be all I ever needed but the centre post blocking the brake pedal, the limited adjustment to the wheel deck and the redicious amount of flex in the pedal plate pushed me to upgrade to a K2 last year, its head and shoulders above the Playseat although the K2 is supplied without a seat.

Paired mine with a Sparco R333, had it 12 months now and no regrets whatsoever. Might cost a little more but makes the Playseat feel like a toy.

Platform
    PC
    I have to draw a line at some point. Same with the wheel. I started to look for a little bit better wheel than the T150 pro ended up with a Fanatec v2.5 €300 more than planned. Now with a seat I have drawn a line. No more then I have planned. So even if a playseat Evolution will look a toy compared to a Simetek, I won’t spend more then I planned.
    The base may be not that expensive but a compatible seat is not cheap.
    The following user likes this Post: Swass

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm in the same boat as you - limited budget for gaming means I had to make a compromise somewhere and opted for the Playseat Evolution, plus limited space in my apartment means I had to choose a cockpit setup that can be easily dismantled and stored in a side room (which works pretty well with the Playseat).

There is nothing to be done about the centre post (which is a bit annoying, but I can live with it), but there is one easy mod I'd highly recommend: the main issue with the Playseat Evolution (and, judging from the photos, the Revolution as well) is that the two tubes connecting the seat with the pedal/wheel unit are held together by a single screw that works by applying a bit of pressure to the inner tube. No matter how tight you screw it in, after half an hour or so of braking the pedal unit will be noticeably farther away because you push it away from you with every pedal movement. The easy solution is to use it for a couple days until you found a comfortable position for pedals and seat, then get a high-quality 10mm drill and annoy your neighbours for a couple minutes with loud screeching noises while you drill a 10mm hole into the inner tube. After you do that, the connecting screw can sink into the hole in the inner tube, and you won't be able to push the pedals away any more...plus there will be a lot less rattling and flex in the whole setup. This was the first of many mods I did to my Playseat, and so far it was the single most useful modding work I did that made a huge difference for using it.

Caveat: if you do what I described, your seat of course won't be adjustable any more in the y direction...you'll need to invest another 50€ for the adjustable slider set to be able to adjust seat position. But even with that, the Playseat is a lot cheaper than many other cockpit setups, and the slider set even adds a tiny bit of immersion because you'll have a handle under the seat just like in a real car for sliding your seat back and forward.
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Yeah, I have seen a nice deal for a Playseat Evolution Alcantara, so I Probably will go for that one.
    I’ll sell my Playseat Challenge and the Thrustmaster T150 Pro with the T3PA pedals in one packedge.
    Will price it just below the currently asked amount for such rig so I’m sure I will sell it.

Platform
    PC
    i would go with a Raceroom RR3055. Nearly the same price, but freedom for your feet.
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/