Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Playseat Evolution and gear shift holder

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    i would go with a Raceroom RR3055. Nearly the same price, but freedom for your feet.
    I have a nice deal with the Playseat. The midpole is not a problem as I never perform heel/toe. If I want a heel/toe action, I brake with my left foot and push the trottle with my right foot. No need for a clutch as I only use that for the start.
    The brake and the clutch pedal therefore can be placed more to the left and that way I do not have problems whatsoever with a midpole.
    But thanks for the heads up...
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming 11 GB | Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite pedals with loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    I have a nice deal with the Playseat. The midpole is not a problem as I never perform heel/toe. If I want a heel/toe action, I brake with my left foot and push the trottle with my right foot. No need for a clutch as I only use that for the start.
    The brake and the clutch pedal therefore can be placed more to the left and that way I do not have problems whatsoever with a midpole.
    But thanks for the heads up...
    I have to agree with the others. The pole will be a issue. I had one and yes you can work around it but its not comfortable ever. The way the wheel deck is leaves you in a odd position normally unless you get lucky. If you place the pedals to the left it makes it almost impossible to use the right foot to brake when using the clutch. Being that you went with better hardware now the pedal deck flex will be annoying and make it hard to get the pedals to feel right. Haiden just figured this out too when he switched to a different rig. A little more money now will make you much happier down the road. No pun intended.lol
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    I have to agree with the others. The pole will be a issue. I had one and yes you can work around it but its not comfortable ever. The way the wheel deck is leaves you in a odd position normally unless you get lucky. If you place the pedals to the left it makes it almost impossible to use the right foot to brake when using the clutch. Being that you went with better hardware now the pedal deck flex will be annoying and make it hard to get the pedals to feel right. Haiden just figured this out too when he switched to a different rig. A little more money now will make you much happier down the road. No pun intended.lol
    Yes that is true but there is always a better more expensive rig arround the corner. As said, I have to draw a line at some point otherwise I end up with a rig which is waaaaay beyond what I had in mind.
    Made my decision and will stick to that. I also have a wife and kids who need new thngs..
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming 11 GB | Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite pedals with loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    Yes that is true but there is always a better more expensive rig arround the corner. As said, I have to draw a line at some point otherwise I end up with a rig which is waaaaay beyond what I had in mind.
    Made my decision and will stick to that. I also have a wife and kids who need new thngs..
    Me too or id have a motion rig.lol Just trying to help you not make the same mistake I have and end up buying things twice because I didn't like the first one. But I get the money thing and needing more important stuff. I have two that will be driving this year.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    I'm sorry if this is slightly off topic, but for a little while I ran my playseat Evolution with the wheel mount part turned 180, so it was more like the Revolution setup. It pretty much took care of the center bar problem, but I lost how close I could adjust the seat rails. Holes had to be redrilled in the mounting plate too but it worked. Raced that way for a few months.

I looked at the pro shifter mount but I couldn't find it for a price I liked, so I made my own.
    * HTC VIVE * i5-6600k * ASUS GTX1080 8GB TURBO * Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 * MSI Z170A M5 * Fanatec CSL Elite w/P1 wheel * Fanatec CS Pedals v3 * Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 * TH8A analog handbrake * Playseat Evolution *
    PC2Tuner is amazing * Panther Racing Division
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Haha all advice is welcome and appreciated of course.
    I bought a playseat challenge at the time and thought. That is all I need but see where I'm now. It is a never ending story of buying and selling.. Lol
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Cheapest Gearshifter holder ( wallmount for satellite dishes ). Around 18€ and a bit of mounting effort

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shifterholder.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	257554

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my shifter.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	237.6 KB 
ID:	257555
    Last edited by satco1066; 12-07-2018 at 14:46.
    System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/

The following 3 users likes this Post: Konan, Olijke Poffer, VelvetTorpedo

Platform
    PC
    I have the Playseat Alcantara, but they're all pretty much the same, construction wise.

Regarding the shifter holder you must keep in mind this: it the shifter is tall or if it's used with that "riser" thingy, it not as stable as you might expect.

I have the Fanatec CSS SQ, which is heavy, tall and the lever is tough to move (if you tighten the resistance screw).
    And even though I've mounted it on top of the riser... only now it's finally placed at a reasonable (realistic) height.
    However, in this configuration the whole setup is so wobbly that it breaks pretty much all of the immersion.
    And also... you can easily bend something if you force the thing too much.

I'll make a video if you're interested.

Playseats are nice in their price range, but are certainly not aimed at the hardcore sim racer equipment.
    "I was playing pCARS on PC before it was mainstream" - cit.

MB: Asus Strix Z270F Gaming
    CPU: i5-7600K @4.63GHz
    RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance LED 2666mhz
    GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Gaming A8G
    HD: Corsair MP500 240Gb M.2 PCIe + Crucial MX300 1Tb M.2 SATA
    Audio: Onboard Realtech sound chip + Sennheiser headphones / stereo speakers
    Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 w/ P1 Elite rim + Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 + Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ + Playseat racing seat
    Monitor: Asus PA 238Q - 23" 1920x1080 P-IPS
    Case & PSU: NZXT H440 V.2, Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate, Corsair RM850i
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N, nVidia WHQL Drivers 388.31
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, satco1066

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the info. I’m not a hardcore simracer and therefor the playseat will do. I heard a lot of less things about the playseat challenge as well but it is not that bad at all. I had a lot of fun with it. But I’m a bit to tall to fit 100% so I had to lower it at the max and now I have more a F1 seat than a GT3 seat and that is something I would solve with the Evolution.
    I mounted The shifter on the playseat challenge velcro and works well. Not stabel as a rock but ok for me.
    It can alway better and more expensive. As said multiple times. I have to draw a line and I did. I ordered the Evolution with a slider bar and the shiftter stand pro.
    Last edited by Olijke Poffer; 12-07-2018 at 15:41.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Done deal...
    Congrats mate
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer