Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help With Fanatec V3 Pedal

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    Hi guys,

as the topic of this thread fits well to my issue I´m gonna abuse it to report my pedals issue and hope for some input from you guys.

Today I installed my Brake Performance Kit, 13 red +13 green giving me medium strength for a start. The brake pedal feels great now, but I don´t get it properly calibrated anymore. When I apply some load on the pedal it reaches 100% in the software when I feel like I am at about 30-40% of what I´d like to apply max. I then calibrate to my 100% load but it still stays like being on 100% signal when I am applying my 30 or 40% force on it, quite like I am "overloading" it to some 250% of its max when pushing it for calibration. I have to say I am not a very strong person so my personal 100% should´n be too much for the load cell for sure. I tried about 30 times now but always get the same. Brake is at 100% when only applying a little pressure on it. So what I got from the kit so far is more or less the opposite I expected to get. I now have to break very very careful to not lock the wheels (different to what it was before without the kit), almost impossible to drive as I can hardly feel how much pressure I am applying.

Could well be I borke something when reassembling the pedal. I had some trouble to reassemble the thin bolt that holds the break pedal bolt. So when I tried multiple times I didn´t realise I was more or less ruining that thin cable that is running underneath the pedal up to the top of it. No idea what it is for as it´s got nothing to do with the load cell. Anyway, the cable is flattened underneath the break pedal bolt now. Could this lead to the above mentioned issue? If so, what parts do I need to replace?

Just to complete this, the V3 is plugged into my v2.5 wheel base directly and also has been before. Any help from someone in the know would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Frank
    Adjust brakeforce (BRF) on wheel until you feel you are at the travel you want for 100%. This adjusts the sensitivity.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    Adjust brakeforce (BRF) on wheel until you feel you are at the travel you want for 100%. This adjusts the sensitivity.
    Are you sure? I believe that reduces the max ingame brake force. It doesn´t change the force I have to apply for 100% brake force.

Not sure whether I properly described the issue I have. The problem is that all 0-100% of brake force is happening on the first ~30% of pedal travel or better say pedal force. For instance in the driver software I get to 100% by pushing maybe 10 kg on the pedal (just a guess). I´d like to have 100% at maybe 25 or 30 kg though. But pushing it any more than 10 kg (= 100%) doesn´t have any effect as a car can´t have any more brake pressure than 100%. Reducing the ingame brake force of the car or the BRF setting leaves me with less max brake power on the car but it doesn´t solve the problem that all my inputs happen between 0-10 kg.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition @+100 MHz | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Are you sure? I believe that reduces the max ingame brake force. It doesn´t change the force I have to apply for 100% brake force.

Not sure whether I properly described the issue I have. The problem is that all 0-100% of brake force is happening on the first ~30% of pedal travel or better say pedal force. For instance in the driver software I get to 100% by pushing maybe 10 kg on the pedal (just a guess). I´d like to have 100% at maybe 25 or 30 kg though. But pushing it any more than 10 kg (= 100%) doesn´t have any effect as a car can´t have any more brake pressure than 100%. Reducing the ingame brake force of the car or the BRF setting leaves me with less max brake power on the car but it doesn´t solve the problem that all my inputs happen between 0-10 kg.
    I am 100% sure positive. Its not an IN GAME change, its an on wheel setting.

Its a very easy test. Open up your Fanatec software so you can see the %, or you can watch it on the wheel with the light on it. Apply pressure to the brake and watch the percentage. Now while holding it at that spot, raise or lower BRF on wheel and you will see the percentage change(this will determine how hard or less you need to press the pedal to reach 100%), match it to where you want it to read 100% force.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Platform
    PC
    I am 100% sure positive. Its not an IN GAME change, its an on wheel setting.

Its a very easy test. Open up your Fanatec software so you can see the %, or you can watch it on the wheel with the light on it. Apply pressure to the brake and watch the percentage. Now while holding it at that spot, raise or lower BRF on wheel and you will see the percentage change(this will determine how hard or less you need to press the pedal to reach 100%), match it to where you want it to read 100% force.
    Yay! Thanks for the "manual", worked great. I had to turn BRF coming from 65 down to 10! Now this is exactly what I hoped to get from the Performance Kit. Thanks alot mate!
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition @+100 MHz | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yay! Thanks for the "manual", worked great. I had to turn BRF coming from 65 down to 10! Now this is exactly what I hoped to get from the Performance Kit. Thanks alot mate!
    Awesome, glad you got it working properly. Now you can fine tune it as you get used to it to your liking.
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    BRF is what I meant in my post. Sorry for the confusion
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Platform
    PC
    Awesome, glad you got it working properly. Now you can fine tune it as you get used to it to your liking.
    Did a few laps yesterday. Felt a bit like driving with a completely new pedal set so I was driving like a beginner, which is normal I assume. Will get used to it soon as it feels very close to a real brake pedal now.