Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are these known issues? (handling/tyres)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Are these known issues? (handling/tyres)

Apologies if these have been covered, I tried searching but wasn't sure what to put to bring it up...

Started up this game for the first time in a while and went straight into Indycar, accidentally put 8 opponents instead of 18... Car handled like a dream, drove really smooth etc... Changed it to 18 opponents and the cars handling changed completely. It was jerking round slow bends and all over the place in general. (Both races were exactly the same, Silverstone GP time, date, medium cloud, temperature etc..)

Also tried Formula C and for some reason the only tyre that worked smoothly were the Wet tyres, and this was in the dry. The other tyres were just doing the same as the Indycar and jerking all over the place. (Same track and conditions as the Indycar)

Are these known issues (If so, feel free to point me in the thread discussing it) or is it something I'm doing wrong?

Cheers guys.
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    You're posting in Xbox but your platform says PC. If you're talking about Xbox, yes, this is a known thing especially on the original Xbox. It's made the career difficult for some original Xbox owners because the races are a fixed size.

I think the magic number is 12. If you can keep it at 12 (11 opponents), you'll have a better experience.

On the One X, larger fields seem to be much better. I had both the original and X over the course of playing this game and it feels like a huge difference. I use a Thrustmaster. I still get some jerking and jitter but it's more manageable.
    Xbox One X with public OS release - Thrustmaster TX with T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer (pc2rando.jasonsandwich.com) (thread)
    The following 4 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, Robhd, sas5320, snakeyman

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonSandwich View Post
    You're posting in Xbox but your platform says PC. If you're talking about Xbox, yes, this is a known thing especially on the original Xbox. It's made the career difficult for some original Xbox owners because the races are a fixed size.

I think the magic number is 12. If you can keep it at 12 (11 opponents), you'll have a better experience.

On the One X, larger fields seem to be much better. I had both the original and X over the course of playing this game and it feels like a huge difference. I use a Thrustmaster. I still get some jerking and jitter but it's more manageable.
    Apologies mate, yes its Xbox One. Thanks for the reply, its just a stand alone XB1, I do have a G920 wheel but its not setup at the moment and I've been using the pad. I'll drop opponent number for now. Is it an issue that is being looked and can be fixed, or something that we just have to deal with?

Cheers

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeyman View Post
    Apologies mate, yes its Xbox One. Thanks for the reply, its just a stand alone XB1, I do have a G920 wheel but its not setup at the moment and I've been using the pad. I'll drop opponent number for now. Is it an issue that is being looked and can be fixed, or something that we just have to deal with?

Cheers
    It has gotten better and I'm sure it will continue to get better. My understanding is that there are simply limitations on the original Xbox One. It's the weakest machine on which the game will play. Don't be discouraged and keep an eye out for patches. We're on patch 6 right now which came out about a month ago. Each one seems to bring a mountain of tweaks and improvements.

The community here has been supportive and helpful. Keep it productive and be an adult and we'll all get along.
    Xbox One X with public OS release - Thrustmaster TX with T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer (pc2rando.jasonsandwich.com) (thread)
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm using the One S and 11+ yourself seems to be the max on most tracks I've tried. As mentioned it's still a bit off at that number, but it's at least playable.

Platform
    XBOX1
    For racing modes that are 5 cars or less I can usually get way with a typical GT3 set up like:
    RAW 100/31/90/0~5

But when I race with 6 ~ 12 cars on track, I have to reduce the typical GT3 set up to:
    RAW 90/ 31/90/0

For Indy car with 12 cars on track I have to reduce to (RAW 92/29/60/5 G920 at Texas MS Oval) ( Indi Raceway Oval was RAW 100/49/90/43 )

Of course all cars on all tracks will vary. But essentially it comes down to how much data the game can compute on an XBOX One with any certain number of cars, and on what size and complexity of the track.

I usually start with (G920) RAW 100/35/90/0 and feel how much wheel weight and tire force I'm getting with 35 VOL and 90 TONE and adjust accordingly for the car/track. Then I add in some FX if needed, and keep an eye on the FFB histogram to see how the force is being distributed across the bars. After I get the balance I like I make sure there is little to no clipping of the red bar. If there is clipping, I lower the FX or gain slightly until clipping is reduced.

Then I note the settings in the tune set up description so I don't have to go thru all that every time. Hope this helps you to get started.
    Last edited by ShneebnaMRR108; 14-07-2018 at 12:13. Reason: upd
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, JasonSandwich, snakeyman

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    This is by far the stupidest thing I have come across in my 20 years of gaming. Total show of incompetence from SMS. Shameless.

I have reached the GT3 series and it is unplayable. Can anyone suggest any other series in the career with a low grid count? Or are they all equally bad?

Using wet tyres in the dry seems to fix the issue sometimes.

Platform
    XBOX1
    @aqswdefly Your post has made a wonderful impression, and added really valuable information to help the original poster with "his" issues.
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by aqswdefly View Post
    This is by far the stupidest thing I have come across in my 20 years of gaming. Total show of incompetence from SMS. Shameless.

I have reached the GT3 series and it is unplayable. Can anyone suggest any other series in the career with a low grid count? Or are they all equally bad?

Using wet tyres in the dry seems to fix the issue sometimes.

*most stupid

Buy an X, problem solved End thread ;-)
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Spend another 500$ on top of the 90 I already spent to play a decent career race...k thanks...