Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Making the switch from XBox.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks Olijke! Can't wait for the game to finish downloading and try it out on PC. It hurt a little bit to pay $119 for the game all over again

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPenguin87 View Post
    Thanks Olijke! Can't wait for the game to finish downloading and try it out on PC. It hurt a little bit to pay $119 for the game all over again
    Yeah I feel the pain. I came from the PS4 and had to buy Pcars again as well. No regrets by the way.
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming 11 GB | Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Thrustmaster T150 Pro with brake mod & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Challenge, Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: DrPenguin87

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Since you have switched to PC just for this game, apparently there's good reason for you doing that (you love the potential you saw in the game), I am sure it will pay off bigtime soon! After more than 1000 hours in the game, I will be receiving my new machine with a 1070ti tomorrow, so I can now enjoy the game with triple screens!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, beetes_juice, DrPenguin87

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Definitely no regrets, it's paid off, I'm enjoying things so far . I haven't done any racing yet, just some hot lapping trying out different FFB mods and tweaks to find something I like. It'll be nice to race with more than 9 AI and maybe even some online stuff.

Enjoy your new machine cpcdem, triple screen looks really cool!
    Last edited by DrPenguin87; 19-07-2018 at 01:02.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, cpcdem

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    When I moved from xb1x to PC last month, I think I paid $79.99 (maybe $89.99). About 4 days later, the steam sale started and it went on sale for half price! I tried to refund from steam so I could buy it at the much cheaper price but I had 14 hours into it already so they denied it. Not even mad though since it's the reason I made the switch and totally worth it.

I was still able to get AC and Dirt Rally for like $10 each though.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, DrPenguin87

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Enjoy your new machine cpcdem, triple screen looks really cool!
    Thank you! I was almost set for an ultrawide monitor (so I would get a much better view than with my current 23'' one), had almost decided to buy a specific 35'' model at about 600 euro, but a few days ago I saw my local shop had some used monitors for sale at 80 euro and the guy let me do a quick test with them at home. Tried them, and since I realized I could now easily see the cars around me and most importantly see the apexes for all corners (physically turning my head to the apex/wall while turning at the hairpin in Long Beach was a revelation when I realized how natural it felt), I could not go back to single screen. Only problem though is that with all settings to low, my GTX 960 is giving me 30-40 fps only, hence the 1070ti tomorrow
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, DrPenguin87, poirqc

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Thank you! I was almost set for an ultrawide monitor (so I would get a much better view than with my current 23'' one), had almost decided to buy a specific 35'' model at about 600 euro, but a few days ago I saw my local shop had some used monitors for sale at 80 euro and the guy let me do a quick test with them at home. Tried them, and since I realized I could now easily see the cars around me and most importantly see the apexes for all corners (physically turning my head to the apex/wall while turning at the hairpin in Long Beach was a revelation when I realized how natural it felt), I could not go back to single screen. Only problem though is that with all settings to low, my GTX 960 is giving me 30-40 fps only, hence the 1070ti tomorrow
    How's the new PC and triple screen setup?

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    How's the new PC and triple screen setup?
    For the moment unfortunately I can't make the 3rd monitor to connect, using the display port to HDMI adapter . I have to do that, because my monitors do not have DP and the net is full of reports about that same issue.

In my old PC, I can still get it to work (only through one of the 3 display ports of the old GFX 960 card though), only problem is the fps is too bad (around 30), so I got the new one with the 1070ti.

It will eventually work I am sure and will report back!

Btw, in single monitor, PC2 now looks glorious of course, but I just want my 3 screens!

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    OK, fortunately it was just the cable, got a new one and all working fine now.

Yeah, it is extremely good with triples, being able to physically turn my head to see what's happening left and right and seeing the apexes and other cars naturally brings racing to a new level. I can finally use cockpit view and enjoy it, I don't feel like I am blind anymore, I can easily see all mirrors, fantastic! When I am racing with a car side by side, I can actually see it now, what a revelation! I even enjoy racing with the AI now, never expected that . Just did a race in Long Beach with Road B cars, I took the Mono and was racing with Lambos and Ferraris etc, they feel so much more epic now when you are close to them and can see them perfectly, not clipped by the edges of the monitor anymore.

Only issue is that I have not yet managed to align the monitors from the in game settings as well as I'd like, there's some room for improvement there, hopefully I'll manage to improve it. Also the 1070ti is a huge improvement over the 960, but for triples it would be nice to have something even faster, to be able to up the settings a bit more (most are at medium now, used to have them at low before). So next target is to get a 1080ti a year from now