Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Getting the trailer road worthy again

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    That's a 12 volt fridge?
    It's an absorption fridge with options for gas, 12v, 230v.

To be more accurate, it's the Electrolux RM212,f.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    It's an absorption fridge with options for gas, 12v, 230v.

To be more accurate, it's the Electrolux RM212,f.
    Im not sure that wouldn't suck the battery right down. Maybe with two batteries and a battery isolator it would work. Like they use in boats so it senses which battery is low and charges that one.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    Im not sure that wouldn't suck the battery right down. Maybe with two batteries and a battery isolator it would work. Like they use in boats so it senses which battery is low and charges that one.
    Well, it's not so much a problem of the battery being drained. Which it will without an issue. lol.

The problem is that I've got medical injections for my eczema that need to be kept in the fridge (not the freezer btw). So I want the system to switch to the caravan battery in case I take a small break at a gas station, get some gas... a toilet break, maybe an ice cream or something else.
    If I stay somewhere for dinner at the roadside I would definitely switch to gas. The problem with gas is that you have to open the door of the fridge to look into the left bottom far-end corner of the fridge, where there is a looking glas so you can see if a blue flame is burning or not. Meanwhile in 40 degree weather and 80 degrees in the caravan, all the cold will be lost inside the fridge. Which I find risky in regards to my medication.

As for the battery, I am thinking of buying this AGM type battery of 75 Ah, the Optima Yellow-Top YT S5.5. It doesn't suffice in terms of keeping the fridge running 24hrs, but it'll keep the fridge going for a couple of hours at least, enough for a quick break

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    As long as you keep it closed it should stay cold enough during those short stops IMO
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!

Forum rules please read: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1355858
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    As long as you keep it closed it should stay cold enough during those short stops IMO
    It should but you'd be surprised how hot it can be inside that little tub, and my medicine is a little tricky so I'd rather not take my chances. I even got a special bag with cooling elements in order to transport the injections from the hospital's pharmacist to my home. So it really is critical and I can't risk the fridge warming up.

I'll figure it out on my own. I'm sure there is a way to automatically switch between two 12v circuits.

The following user likes this Post: Konan

Does anyone have a good free electronics circuit drawing program?

I had one online and than when I was almost finished... it told me I needed a membership. At the darn point where I was cleaning it up after solving my issue. *grumbles*

edit:

In the end I just needed to add a DPDT relais before the fridge, which is triggered by the 12v signal going into the transformer (which does nothing but act as a pass through) but after the habitation relais. So the trigger voltage comes from the green line in the previous pic "12v to other equipment".

The DPDT (double pole and double throw) switches both positive and negative lines simultaneously from pin 10 and 11 to the battery positive and negative pins after the travo. So the fridge gets switched from one 12v to another entirely.
    Last edited by Christiaan van Beilen; 18-07-2018 at 20:53.

The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Not me mate...sorry
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!

Forum rules please read: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1355858
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen

Today... I ended up buying about 50 euros worth in screws, bolts, nuts, washers. Plus 20 in Dremel tools. That was the worst thing I did today.

The only other thing I did today was... fit a single new maneuvering handle to the caravan. That's the only thing I did, I spend the rest of the day measuring and cataloging the needed above said hardware. After which I spend 4 hours lookup up all the required hardware in the single aisle for screws and other hardware.

So yeah... it was quite an uneventful day today. Apart from having fitted something again to the caravan! Which is an important feeling as now I am starting building the thing back up, slowly but surely.