Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFB Info or Help !!!

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Question FFB Info or Help !!!

Hey everyone was looking to get some info or Help with my g29 first issue was it was twitchy and Grindy unplayable as if the wheel was broken. I uninstalled the game from external hdd installed on ps4 hdd game is now playable with g29 plays just like it does on pc without any assists from Logitech software.

As I believe I'm good from the previous issue it dosent feel right so this is where I'm requesting help and info. I'm acquainted with FFB on the Logitech G27/29 on ps4 and pc I play PC1 Forza Grand Turismo F1. PC2 feels weird nothing like even PC1 it's like I have FFB if I make an error or turn to fast it's like it turns loose no more FFB, if there's a sharp turn around example long beach track when I have to turn the wheel a full rotation it feels horrible. So I'm curious if its the way the game is designed or is it supposed to feel tight like Project cars 1, GTS, forza, hell even need for speed payback has a tighter feel.
    It's updated I've tried the different flavors and I've tried different settings using YouTube suggestions so I'm trying to see if this is normal or I do have an issue.

Thanks everyone

Platform
    PS4
    It works fine actually once you've calibrated the wheel and pedals....properly....Additionally you got to make sure in Options to get your Configurations Settings right and also FFB Flavour and parameters just right for adequate feedback including avoiding clipping.
    I'm a G29 wheel user myself on PS4 console so I'll post my configs and FFB settings which work fine for me so you could give it a try and see how it goes. I've done this a couple times before to help others on similar threads. Here goes. Remember both Configurations and FFB are important.

DEFAULT CONFIGURATION Settings:
    Steering Deadzone: 0 (Important: Leave all Deadzones at "0" as seen)
    Steering Sensitivity: 50<—(Important: DON'T CHANGE THIS)
    Throttle Deadzone: 0
    Throttle Sensitivity: 50
    Brake Deadzone: 0
    Brake Sensitivity: 50
    Clutch Deadzone: 0
    Clutch Sensitivity: 50
    Speed Sensitivity: 45 (Suggested by Ben Collins, WMD Physics Consultant of the game)
    Damper Saturation: 25 (default for user of T300) or lower used by other WMD members)
    …..The following Controller settings only pertinent for Controller users:
    Controller Damping: 100
    Controller Vibration: 50

MY CURRENT FFB FLAVOUR/SETTINGS:
    Flavour: IMMERSIVE:
    Gain: 95, Volume: 50, Tone: 40, FX: 45, Menu: 0.30
    Last edited by davidt33; 11-07-2018 at 23:55.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333
    The following user likes this Post: jpscity

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by davidt33 View Post
    It works fine actually once you've calibrated the wheel and pedals....properly....Additionally you got to make sure in Options to get your Configurations Settings right and also FFB Flavour and parameters just right for adequate feedback including avoiding clipping.
    I'm a G29 wheel user myself on PS4 console so I'll post my configs and FFB settings which work fine for me so you could give it a try and see how it goes. I've done this a couple times before to help others on similar threads. Here goes. Remember both Configurations and FFB are important.

DEFAULT CONFIGURATION Settings:
    Steering Deadzone: 0 (Important: Leave all Deadzones at "0" as seen)
    Steering Sensitivity: 50<—(Important: DON'T CHANGE THIS)
    Throttle Deadzone: 0
    Throttle Sensitivity: 50
    Brake Deadzone: 0
    Brake Sensitivity: 50
    Clutch Deadzone: 0
    Clutch Sensitivity: 50
    Speed Sensitivity: 45 (Suggested by Ben Collins, WMD Physics Consultant of the game)
    Damper Saturation: 25 (default for user of T300) or lower used by other WMD members)
    …..The following Controller settings only pertinent for Controller users:
    Controller Damping: 100
    Controller Vibration: 50

MY CURRENT FFB FLAVOUR/SETTINGS:
    Flavour: IMMERSIVE:
    Gain: 95, Volume: 50, Tone: 40, FX: 45, Menu: 0.30
    The Speed Sensitivity thing was a mistake from the she.robot video.

I made that mistake myself last autumn, before it got cleared up. I believe Ben Collins was refering to Steering Sensitivity

I now have Speed Sensitivity at "0".

See post #3 and #4.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ed-sensitivity

And check the sheet (click on "Configuration Settings" at the bottom):
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1307062379
    Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 - ClubSport Pedals V3 - ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by BrightDark View Post
    The Speed Sensitivity thing was a mistake from the she.robot video.

I made that mistake myself last autumn, before it got cleared up. I believe Ben Collins was refering to Steering Sensitivity

I now have Speed Sensitivity at "0".

See post #3 and #4.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ed-sensitivity

And check the sheet (click on "Configuration Settings" at the bottom):
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1307062379
    Re Steering Sensitivity. I'm quite sure that should be left at 50 (This is something that has been advised widely being Linear).

As for Speed Sensitivity, according to the info on it the lower the value makes the car more twitchy and sensitive to input at high speed. Meaning that at high speeds the car and by extension the steering wheel becomes twitchy (shakey) and thereby less stable. So at a value of "0" (extreme) that twitchyness is much more pronounced.

Info on SPEED SENSITIVITY: "Speed Sensitivity allows you to adjust how sensitive your vehicle is in response to your controller steering input, and how much steering lock is applied, at high speed. A higher value will make the vehicle less sensitive with the wheels turning less at higher speeds. Using a lower value will make the car more twitchy and sensitive to input at high speed, as the wheels will turn more, and at a faster rate."

That being said maybe Speed Sensitivity at lower value may be ok for Direct Drive wheels or such as Fanatec, T300 etc, but for the Logitech G29 and such maybe not so.
    Out of curiosity I just did some practice with both values....at "45" and "0" for comparison.
    .....At "0" I could feel the car and steering wheel being twitchy at high speed, losing that bit of stableness on the straight and high speed corners. It was a bit disconcerting and distracting.
    .....At "45" it felt much more stable as I would have preferred. Of course, this is with the Logitech G29 which the OP is about.
    I'll try it at "35" and "40" and see how it goes though.
    Last edited by davidt33; 12-07-2018 at 14:06.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught1012 View Post
    ... PC2 feels weird nothing like even PC1 it's like I have FFB if I make an error or turn to fast it's like it turns loose no more FFB, if there's a sharp turn around example long beach track when I have to turn the wheel a full rotation it feels horrible. So I'm curious if its the way the game is designed or is it supposed to feel tight like Project cars 1, GTS, forza, hell even need for speed payback has a tighter feel.
    Depends what you’re driving, what compound tires, what steering ratio, what ffb settings... GT3 hard v soft tires have ffb differences. They feel different. Different compounds on the vintage cars and road cars all feel different too.

It shouldn’t feel like on/off switch at all, even at long beach. Pc2 ffb is far more detailed and nuanced than even pc1, which feels like driving a car with solid plastic wheels in comparison.

More info would definitely help diagnose your problem. Such as what you’re driving, your current ffb settings, controller settings, etc.

I’m on PS-poor with the G29. My controller settings are as per davidt33 listed (except damping = 0 ) and my ffb settings below.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Platform
    PC
    Thought I would just add my settings for a point of reference, not that they are the best, just for you to compare and maybe try.
    I find a lot of variation in the FFB implementation per car and track combo, so I find the settings I like for every set up and save them in the tune description so I can readily pull them up at the time of tune load in.
    Controls
    Wheel DOR – 900
    Logitech G920
    Auto Clutch – On
    Gearing – Manual
    Invert Gearing – N

Basic starting point for FFB – RAW 100/35/90/0
    MSS = 0.01

Configuration-
    Steering DZ – 0
    Steering Sens – 50
    Throttle DZ – 0
    Throttle Sens – 50
    Brake DZ – 0
    Brake Sens – 75 (due to logitech's profile curve)
    Clutch DZ – 0
    Clutch Sens – 35
    Speed Sens – 9
    Damper – 0
    Vibe – 0
    Shift Time – 0
    RPM – Y

I totally agree with this statement made in the above post. "Depends what you’re driving, what compound tires, what steering ratio, what ffb settings... GT3 hard v soft tires have ffb differences. They feel different. Different compounds on the vintage cars and road cars all feel different too."
    Last edited by ShneebnaMRR108; 12-07-2018 at 17:27. Reason: add
    Shneeb108 (Peter Stefani) i7-8750H 9GB SC / GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 / 16GB DDR4 2666MHz / 250GB 970 EVO M.2 SSD / 1TB 860 EVO SSD / G920-GTEYE / Playseat Evo / Samsung UN48J6300-1080P / FFB- JS Std Mid Comp SoPDiff / RacingSIMTools.com - Member / GTR_Legion - Member

Platform
    PS4
    I run the same ffb settings. This makes different cars feel different. I don't want a Ferrari 512 feeling like a 488.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by davidt33 View Post
    Re Steering Sensitivity. I'm quite sure that should be left at 50 (This is something that has been advised widely being Linear).

As for Speed Sensitivity, according to the info on it the lower the value makes the car more twitchy and sensitive to input at high speed. Meaning that at high speeds the car and by extension the steering wheel becomes twitchy (shakey) and thereby less stable. So at a value of "0" (extreme) that twitchyness is much more pronounced.

Info on SPEED SENSITIVITY: "Speed Sensitivity allows you to adjust how sensitive your vehicle is in response to your controller steering input, and how much steering lock is applied, at high speed. A higher value will make the vehicle less sensitive with the wheels turning less at higher speeds. Using a lower value will make the car more twitchy and sensitive to input at high speed, as the wheels will turn more, and at a faster rate."

That being said maybe Speed Sensitivity at lower value may be ok for Direct Drive wheels or such as Fanatec, T300 etc, but for the Logitech G29 and such maybe not so.
    Out of curiosity I just did some practice with both values....at "45" and "0" for comparison.
    .....At "0" I could feel the car and steering wheel being twitchy at high speed, losing that bit of stableness on the straight and high speed corners. It was a bit disconcerting and distracting.
    .....At "45" it felt much more stable as I would have preferred. Of course, this is with the Logitech G29 which the OP is about.
    I'll try it at "35" and "40" and see how it goes though.

I have Steering Sensitivity at 50. I'm sure too that this is the linear setting. And I think this is what Ben Collins did some testing on, and came out with the number 45.
    - Steering Sensitivity is not depending on the speed the car is doing.

Speed Sensitivity is linear at "0", not 50, I believe. And that was my point.
    - It's quite possible that this setting can make different wheels operate better within the game, though. I'm not denying that. I had Speed Sens on 20 - 25 before pCARS2 supported the Fanatec PS4 wheel properly, but after the proper support came in patch 3 (or 2 or 4, don't quite remember), I could go to "0" and got the best results with that.

And definitely, tires/temps/which car/steering-ratio affects FFB.

Edit: Speed Sensitivity, Controller Damping etc. are settings intended for a controller, not a wheel. And that is what the help-text refers to, with twitchyness and all that. Again, it doesn't mean that the setting can't be useful for a wheel.
    Last edited by BrightDark; 13-07-2018 at 08:47.
    Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 - ClubSport Pedals V3 - ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I use similar wheel settings to hkraft300 and ShneebnaMRR108. I have speed sens at 0.

When I started with pcars2 I found the ffb much more detailed than pc1 and dirt rally that I was previously playing. Dirt rally now feels completely leaden and wooden in comparison.

I think the level of information can feel weird to some people at first untill you ' hear ' the ffb clearly. I do also worry that many people run their ffb too strong on low torque wheels and miss some of the nuanced feedback pcars2 resolves so well.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    @Onslaught1012
    So, give us some report about how you have your set up now and if it works better for you.
    Shneeb108 (Peter Stefani) i7-8750H 9GB SC / GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 / 16GB DDR4 2666MHz / 250GB 970 EVO M.2 SSD / 1TB 860 EVO SSD / G920-GTEYE / Playseat Evo / Samsung UN48J6300-1080P / FFB- JS Std Mid Comp SoPDiff / RacingSIMTools.com - Member / GTR_Legion - Member