Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We have both transparent and invisible drivers, why?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I can confirm that collisions can happen. But the car that cannot see the car it collides with, wont notice anything. Just the "unseen" car registers the collision.

Easily reproducable in longer practice sessions, almost daily on Touristenfahrten #2.

Edit: Thanks ProDriver for providing video evidence!
    Last edited by m00lean; 17-07-2018 at 11:24.

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDriver View Post
    I just only have one of them...

If the video do not link you to the exact minute is: 2h30m51s

https://youtu.be/59TiHv4cGVs?t=2h30m51s
    Quote Originally Posted by m00lean View Post
    I can confirm that collisions can happen. But the car that cannot see the car it collides with, wont notice anything. Just the "unseen" car registers the collision.

Easily reproducable in longer practice sessions, almost daily on Touristenfahrten #2.

Cheers guys. Like I said, I've never encountered it but I guess it must be something caused either by the length of the session of the number of jips in and out. That almost certainly explains why we've never encountered it in our league, we don't normally run massively long sessions - though some of the members do set up practice sessions for races that can last a few hours, but nothing longer than that as far as I'm aware.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //
    The following user likes this Post: Mad Al

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    Cheers guys. Like I said, I've never encountered it but I guess it must be something caused either by the length of the session of the number of jips in and out. That almost certainly explains why we've never encountered it in our league, we don't normally run massively long sessions - though some of the members do set up practice sessions for races that can last a few hours, but nothing longer than that as far as I'm aware.
    I agree with you!!! But I the game has a 24 hours length season, we, the organizations of the leagues, will exploit it!!!
    T300 Alcantara + F1 Addon

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by m00lean View Post

When I post a bug I want to give the video evidences in order to demonstrate the problem and to give the best feedback as possible.
    Last edited by ProDriver; 18-07-2018 at 09:02.
    T300 Alcantara + F1 Addon

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    I have a few questions about this specific issue as we are also going to make a 24h race. (in practice/qualifying lobby obviously)

What exactly means the loading of the car model? Does this mean, that a driver using the exact same "car model" (meaning car and livery) as one already in the lobby would appear visible to the others? Or is there one for every driver despite the same car and livery for purpose of different damage etc.?
    Is the car model deleted from memory once the driver leaves the lobby? Is the car model deleted from memory once another driver joins replacing the ID (0-15 on PS4) of the driver?

I know that we can test a lot of these things ourselves, but some insight from someone from WMD knowing this issue would be nice. In our testing and coding of our automatic live timing i was obviously sitting in pits while coding and therefore the bug did not happen. You can easily miss such intentional bugs due to the testing environment. One of a major problem for us is also that the car model is not only not loaded, but there are not even positional info in UDP data (ProjectCars1 files). We will still somehow find a workaround...

Thanks in advance!

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Just a quick update on this and basically a bug report of our 24h race. The problem initially solved with this is not really solved. The lags are not there for drivers joining, true as the cars data gets not loaded into memory. However we experienced still lag when drivers leaving the lobby. It seems the data gets deleted from memory and somehow this causes lag. I cannot really explain that, as this should not happen with proper coding, but I just can say that everybody experienced that in the race and also in a practice sprint race of 4h a week before.

The next thing that happened during the race was that at around 4am in the night no new cars were loaded anymore for me even while staying in pits. I just could not see them on track in the monitor view and also there was no UDP data except for their name. The drivers were however driving on the track as I could see in our broadcasting of the race.

All of this on a PS4 system